Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM        PC gaming on its last leg
So I have been reading alot recently about the end to PC gaming. It seems that there just aren't enough people playing(my guess is buying with all the pirates i see just on this site alone) pc games for the developers to turn a profit. Another issue is obviously console gaming(before 360 errors anyways) just makes it easier to pop in a game and start playing without having to install or upgrade or the various other things I needed to do to make sure my pc games ran smoothly. What do you guys think? I havn't really played pc games in many years since my hs days of diablo 2 and counter-strike. downloadable content being charged to 360 users and given free to pc gamers is making me consider getting left 4 dead on the PC.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM       
PC gaming has supposedly been on its last leg for years now. While it doesnt turn the profit console gaming does I dont think its going anywhere anytime soon. I bet we see a lot less PC only titles though.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM       
PC gaming has the potential to be really cool, but it just don't compare anymore. It's so easy to go and pick a game off of my self and put it into the various consoles. I'd be playing within a minute. With computer gaming, downloading patches, upgrading hardware, etc is always a problem.

Also, I like playing video games with friends, from time to time. I like being able to just sit down, grab a controller, and play.

That was very funny. Well done.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
It still has some strong points for it: Mods for games like Fallout 3, the potential for better graphics, and what is the best in my mind, the best controller for shooters.
But it is getting killed by things like DRM and half-assed PC ports.

If they ever come up with a way to let you play 360/PS3 games with a keyboard and mouse, I might have to abandon PC gaming for a while.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:27 PM       
i think you can play some ps3 games with keyboard and mouse

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i think you can play some ps3 games with keyboard and mouse
Indeed. A few shooters support it.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM       
A few minutes after I made that last post, my PC crashed, and wouldn't start up again.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM       
it resents you for threating to leave it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:44 PM       
Apparently "PC" stands for "Possessive Cunt".

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:47 PM       
PC gaming is basically MMO gaming in the eyes of every publisher out there right now. It's nearly impossible to get the go-ahead to take on any other kind of PC project.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM       
I don't want to have to play Red Alert or Civilization on a console.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:03 PM       
I only play the PC for few games. All of them Valve. I just hate installing shit, yes on the PS3 you install stuff but its all automated and you dont worry about it. And I hate updating drivers, or waiting for the Steam versions of games to get updates.

And now MW2 is basically the console version on the PC which is the dumbest shit ever since the benefit of playing on a PC is to have dedicated servers, and communities in those servers, plus mods.

Plus, everything is going digital and a year ago, i thought it was brilliant, until you realize its just a cesspool for your cash since everything you buy is technically worthless. People have huge gaming collections from the NES, Genesis, etc, and in 20 years, the collections will be licenses on your harddrive.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:14 PM       
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 10:34 PM       
The only thing I dislike about PC games is they, you know, rely on you having a decent PC.
I don't think I've run a game on my machine that was made after 2004.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM       
PC gaming's got some sick indie games, though. There's more room for creativity and distribution.

You won't find something like, say, Runman: Race Around the World on a console, let alone be able to name your own price (including $0).

Actually, consoles depress me, since almost everything is either a sequel, or something designed to start a franchise.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 01:50 AM       
Indie games are available on Xbox Live. My friends and I have found some cool ones already.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM       
Nethack is the best PC game. Every developer should just stop trying, because none of them are going to beat it.

Also I hate Valve and I'm not buying any more of their games.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Indie games are available on Xbox Live. My friends and I have found some cool ones already.
You must admit that the ratio of the number of releases is skewed in the PC's favor, though.

XBL doesn't have Cave Story. Enough said.
The Wolf
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:16 AM       
Well, yeah, obviously. I'm just saying that the games ARE there and that it's a step in the right direction. Given enough time, we'll be seeing more and more indie developers making games that show up on consoles.

Also, the devs that make games specifically for consoles tend to produce some gems every now and then; stuff like Castle Crashers, Mega Man 9, etc.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:22 AM       
They tend to have more polish, the games that are available on services. They cost money, after all.

But in regards to the topic, I don't think PC gaming will go anywhere so long as people still use them. Unless what a PC is considered changes. The PS3 is a glorified PC, but its features aren't quite there yet. I think the next generation will take even more marketshare as all the lines start to blur together.
The Wolf
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:32 AM       
The problem is having to upgrade your system to play new games. The only time that's happened for consoles was the N64's expansion pack. I think you NEEDED that for like three games.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 03:47 AM       
the CDI had an expensive 'digital video cartridge' too, and since philips is retarded and let like 9 different people make their system there are different versions of it that work on different systems

intellivision had a speech upgrade

SNES and N64 (memory upgrade and disc drive on the N64) had several hardware expansion ports, as did the PS1

a lot of old consoles did, actually, but they realized in time that that's part of the reason people play games on consoles and not PCs.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 07:25 AM       
Sega Genesis was nothing but a cavalcade of hardware upgrades. The Sega CD, the 32X. Still, I loved Warsong and the Shining Force games so I forgive them.

I think PC games have some life left in them (The MMOs were a good example of this). Some games I don't want to play on consoles. FPS games as mentioned earlier stink on consoles, and I prefer the Diablo series on PC (the PSX port was a disaster in comparison)
The Wolf
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM       
I'm talking about games that you needed the console equivalent of a new video card or more RAM to play. Add-ons like the Sega CD and the 32x weren't really the same thing as when you had to get the expansion pack to play Perfect Dark on your regular N64.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM       
RTS games are way better on a keyboard and mouse.