Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM       
I got all my items taken away repeatedly and was forced to fight in gladiatorial tournaments. :dumbglasses
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM       
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...single-player/

that's a little damning. Hahaha.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 12:59 AM       
"It’s hard to capture quite how much this game seems to hate you for wanting to be involved..."
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 20th, 2011, 05:29 AM       

lol
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM       
Ha, will you look at that. My Yakuza 4 came in the mail today. I fucking LOVE that series.

And this time we get the whole package again...apart from the quiz, okay. But I´d play this for the Mahjongg-parlors alone
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM       
wait you can't play mahjong in 3?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM       
Nah, they cut out mahjong and hostess parlors for the western release.

I can't say I was too broken up about it because I hated the hostess sections and don't know how to play mahjong, but it was still too bad that they cut stuff like that.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM       
but there's a mahjong place you can enter i thought you could play there

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 04:07 PM       
Nope, all you can do is pick up a locker key and leer at the NPCs playing mahjong.

taco loving zombie
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 04:13 PM       
lame also i find it kinda funny thet there are chicks waiting for me at the burger place to go on dates

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM       
you're 15 again
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM       
Not too much of a stretch, Didn't you just have your Oquincho Orcha last year Darkvare? I remember pictures.
taco loving zombie
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 09:13 PM       
is quinceañera and no, i'm 23

drifting in the void
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Nah, they cut out mahjong and hostess parlors for the western release.

I can't say I was too broken up about it because I hated the hostess sections and don't know how to play mahjong, but it was still too bad that they cut stuff like that.

I agree. We (Europe even more than the US) can be happy to get the game at all but there was still no reason to cut all that stuff.

Now, I don´t care about the hostess-stuff either but I´m gonna take a look at it, especially since I just read Tokyo Vice which explains the whole thing along with most other Kabukicho/Kamurocho-related activities quite well.

As for Mahjongg...I can play a specific type of Mahjongg and I know the rules but it´s still hard to tell the number-pieces apart without any help...that, and I don´t remember any good hands anyway. Still a lot of fun.
Found a shitload of keys too since there´s double as many lockers in Kamurocho this time (no Okinawa sadly, I love that place)...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM       
Started playing STALKER again. Does anyone want to try it with me?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM       
I'm digging Call of Pripyat off and on.

One thing I noticed is that there aren't any artifacts, or if there are they're really shitty and pump you full of radiation, which is never worth it.

I read something about having to use that weirdo flip-up sensor thing to find them, but I'm a hardcore shootin' motherfucker and Call of Pripyat is a lot less brutal than Shadow of Chernobyl, so I don't think being a superhuman death machine via radioactive magic is really necessary. It also makes artifacts seem like more of a commodity among Stalkers when you can't just walk outside and pick up a ridiculously good one while tiptoeing through the tulips.

I do miss being able to sprint forever, though. Even if you have an energy drink IV drip going you still have to stop for a breather every 40 feet.

Also, there's one mission early on in the game where a mob boss hires you to gun down a camp full of innocent rookie Stalkers, and you can opt to betray him instead and kill his whole hit squad. Buuuuuuuuut after I did that I went back to the place where he was chilling to see if I could kill him, too, and take all his mad mafia loot. He proceeded to amiably chat about the weather to me, despite the fact that I had just murdered all of his goons and exposed him as a royal dickhead to everyone else at his camp. So, yeah, maybe still a few bugs to work out, but it wouldn't be STALKER if everything worked like it was supposed to. Speaking of which, the dialogue is still at the mercy of Google Translator.
Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:23 PM       
You use the detectors to find artifacts in the field. The starting one just beeps more frequently the closer you get to one, but the more advanced ones show you dots on a radar screen for where it is and how rare each one is. You can find some pretty good ones right off the bat, like in that big cave complex near the burnt-out village. Lot of anomalies, but also the potential to score some phat loot.

drifting in the void
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 04:32 AM       
Great. Again I get swarmed by good games...so...Crysis2, yeah...played for about 3hrs (360) and...yeah, it´s pretty good.

Looks good, controls well, the suit is fun...and we get the superb bonus of having the turkish dub along with the german. Funny and sad at the same time somehow.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 09:40 PM       
Been playing a lot of Black Ops and now Batman: Arkham.
Zombies on Black Ops is fun as hell; when I paired up with a good team that kept close and talked to each other, we got to wave seventeen, and only died because one of us got greedy for a powerup and we lost the firepower. However, for every good match, there's a bad one, where some asshole who doesn't even have a mic will run around to other people's windows the first few rounds and kill the zombies, so HE can get the points. In later waves, it becomes completely terrifying; even having to reload can very well be a death sentence. And there's not much worse a feeling than wen you're backing away from a horde, wasting them left and right, then get taken out the instant you start to reload.
As for Batman, all I can say is FUCK. YES. I was pretty neutral about it at first, but got a friend to loan it to me, and I'm having a blast basically scaring the everloving shit out of random mooks; grabbing them and suspending them from gargoyles, throwing remote batarangs into groups of them from a hundred yards away and around a corner, and (my favorite) spraying a bunch of explosive gel on the walls and floor, luring them into it, and blowing them all across the room, leaving them in stunned heaps.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 10:37 PM       
the stealth challenges were so fun to beat in that game
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:44 PM       
Quote:
where some asshole who doesn't even have a mic will run around to other people's windows the first few rounds and kill the zombies, so HE can get the points.
ugh that's not nearly as bad as the dudes who do have a mic and will do that and then they go, "LOOK AT MY POINTS IM SO GOOD IM GONNA THROW A GRENADE IN YOUR WINDOW HUGHAHAHA"
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 03:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
the stealth challenges were so fun to beat in that game
Not to mention they're legitimately FUN. It balances stealth perfectly, and I'll never get tired of stringing up mooks. In one room, I had a perfect pentagram (if you traced lines between them) of guys I tied to the gargoyles. It was so worth the ten minutes of sneaking.
I personally like the survival challenge, because as the game throws more enemies at you, it's really just a test of your reflexes, and really makes you feel like you're kicking SERIOUS ass.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 02:54 PM       
I thought the game fucking broke on me. That was brilliant.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM       
I'm playing Wind Waker again, which is an incredible game as long as you don't compare it to other Zelda games. I finally got to the point where I can explore unrestricted and I'm having a blast. Fuck everyone who hates the sailing parts.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM       
I'd say Windwaker is better than most Zeldas, actually

And yeah, sailing around sacking towns and shit in any order you wanted ought to be re-used in some sort of pirate RPG. It's awesome. I could see how some people wouldn't like it, though, since there aren't really a lot of encounters to spice up the traveling a bit. Some of them don't work right, either, like how those sharks that follow your boat will never, ever attack you as long as you're moving. It actually took me a while to figure out what the hell they were, since I never swiveled the camera around and they looked like evil seagulls.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 3rd, 2011 at 01:16 AM.