Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ba dum dum dum dum
Alcibiades is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM       
I keep waiting for them to flip one of the Horror movie champions. By which I mean, do like they did with Godzilla. There's tons of movies where Godzilla (In all his Tokyo Destroying Glory) is the good guy fighting off some evil force.

They should make some absurd movie where the military like, captures Jason and dispatches him into the middle east to take down some facist dictator.
Stonehendge angry :( RARR
Debug is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 12:30 AM       
I can't believe that some people think that jason is more meanacing when he's running.
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM       
Jason Running=No. Nonononono.

Jason in this movie is just Leatherface, -mask, +hockey mask, -chainsaw, -watchablity. This is the only Friday movie I've ever seen that I got bored watching.
Forum Virgin
IXCE is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 09:02 AM       
The first 20 minutes were great.....the rest of the film was easily forgettable.
Stonehendge angry :( RARR
Debug is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM       
I know this might be a bit irrelevent, but they're making a remake of Nightmare on elm street with Jackie Earle Haley (The guy who played Rorschach in the watchmen movie) playing the role of Freddy Kreuger
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM       
He was awesome as Rorschach, but I honestly don't think anybody else should play Freddy. Unlike the silent killers such as Jason Voorhees & Michael Myers, Freddy has real personality and you can't just have anybody play him. I hope Earle does a good job, but I don't envy anybody who has the task of filling Robert Englund's shoes. As much as I love Elm Street, that's a series I think they should let die once Englund is done with it. I hope they prove me wrong with the remake, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

Anyway, in regards to Jason holding a prisoner in the new movie, yeah that was pretty absurd. Here's the real question it brought up for me: if that necklace she was wearing confused him and really made him think she was his mother, there's no way in hell he would keep her chained up. He'd either let her go because he thought she was mom or he'd chop her to bits because he realized she was an impostor. Jason is definitely not the kind of guy who keeps somebody chained up because he wants some company.
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM       
I really didn't get that either, seemed like a lame way to keep the sister alive (which was itself a cop out, just kill her already. It's not like the characters aren't interchangeable anyway, no one would notice). And I think running Jason works (for a pre-Zombie form, at least), gives him a cool crazed woodsman feel. Which is pretty much what he is when he's still human.

Also, word from the makers is that they'll try to have more creative kills in the next sequel: http://www.chud.com/articles/article...ACE/Page1.html (near the bottom).
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 09:57 PM       
Then again, I have never seen any of the films of this horror saga.
Sex Panther
Gato is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 11:19 PM       
I agree. Jason just isn't the type to have an alarm system or take prisoners. Making him more human is a bad idea. Jason is supposed to be inhuman. And while it's true he was once, the human part of him is rather dead. If anything, Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger are known for their inventive, gory, and sometimes hilarious kills. Killing a chick by jamming a party horn in her eye, or turning a chick into a roach and squishing her in a roach motel? Priceless.
Forum Virgin
EzraSmith is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM       
Silent Night, Deadly Night 5 was much better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_..._The_Toy_Maker