Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 02:37 AM        Let's play the Actor Game
Saw this going around on Facebook and thought it would be fun to do on here. It's pretty simple: You reply to this thread saying "I wanna play!" and I give you an actor's name via PM. You then have to edit your post and list one movie you love, one movie you like and one movie you don't like of theirs. If you like, you can include why you love, like or hate said movie as well. You can also include an "honorable mention" film if you like.

After you make your post, it's your responsibility to send the next person, who replies after your post, an actor that they have to post about.

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: Please only send your actor / actress assignments to each other via PM as to not clutter up this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: Please keep up with the thread until you've made your post AND you've sent an assignment to somebody else as well. If you make your own post but take long to send somebody their assignment, it will only slow down the thread. If somebody takes longer than 24 hours to give you your assignment, please let me know and I'll either get them to send you one or I'll send you one myself.

Here, I'll provide my own example of how each post would look:

Quote:
I wanna play!

I was assigned Steve Buscemi by [insert user name here]

A Steve Buscemi movie I love: Fargo
Why: Easily one of the Coen brother's best films, and Buscemi is perfect in it. Seeing him get annoyed with his mute partner and his ever-growing frustration never gets old.)

A Steve Buscemi movie I like: Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead
Why: It's n absolutely awesome cast and a great movie that I never felt got enough exposure when it was released. Buscemi plays a small role as "Mister Shhh" but it's highly memorable seeing him as a silent, seemingly unstoppable hitman since he doesn't exactly have a threatening appearance.

A Steve Buscemi movie I don't like: Armageddon
Why: Steve may have the funniest moments in the film, but that doesn't save it from being a bloated turd filled with more cliches than any movie should ever have. It also has more Ben Afflecks than any movie should ever have.

Honorable mention: The Search for One-eye Jimmy
Why: It's a great little independent film that virtually nobody saw, particularly because it was only released on VHS, but it has some great performances by Steve Buscemi, Samuel Jackson, John Turturro, Michael Badalucco and more. Definitely worth watching if you can track it down.

Ok, who wants to play next?
Easy enough, right? Good. Don't fuck it up.

Ok, who wants to play next?

Last edited by Mockery : Jul 28th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 03:53 AM       
"I wanna play!"

I was assigned all hell of such as KURT RUSSELL by RoG

A Kurt Russell movie I love: Big Trouble in Little China
I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid, but I remember watching like 20 times in two months. As far as I'm concerned, Kurt Russell is this badass in real life too. IT'S ALL IN THE REFLEXES.

A Kurt Russell movie I like: Overboard
Shut up I watched this as a kid too, and then I watched it again a couple years ago and it holds up but it might just be nostalgia doing its dirty work. One of the kids talked like Pee Wee Herman, which I totally did as a kid too.

A Kurt Russell movie I didn't like: Stargate
Which is a shame because I'm totally a nerd for the TV series. Maybe seeing the series first ruined the movie for me, because Col. Jack O'Neill will always be MacGyver in my head and ol' Kurt felt out of place. Also, sci-fi is for dorks

Honorable mention: Tombstone
Honorable mention because I have not seen this yet and I've been meaning too, even though I'm not big on Westerns. MY PARENTS LOVED IT AND THEY ALWAYS ASK ME IF I'VE SEEN IT WHENEVER I TALK TO THEM. Maybe getting assigned Kurt Russell is a sign to finally appease my parents.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

Last edited by Esuohlim : Jul 28th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM       
I wanna play

I was assigned Edward James Olmos Esuohlim.

An Edward James Olmos I love: 12 Angry Men.
Why: He plays jurorn #11. This is the only movie I've ever seen him in.
An Edward James Olmos movie I like: The Green Hornet
Why: That movie looks pretty good.
An Edward James Olmos movie I don't like: Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Why:
Honorable mention: Dexter season 6
Why: It's gonna have Mos Def in it too.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jul 28th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM       
I wanna play!

I was assigned Simon Rex by 10,000 Volt Ghost. Seriously. Who the fuck is Simon Rex?

Simon Rex movie I love:
Eugh, no. Just...no. I checked his imdb resume and there is not a single movie I'd pick.
Why: Because of Simon fucking Rex.

Simon Rex movie I like: I dunno, Scary Movie 3, I guess.
Why: It had maybe one or two jokes that almost made me smile.

Simon Rex movie I don't like: The Karate Dog
Why: I haven't even seen this movie, but just think about the damn title. Karate Dog. No good can come of mixing those two.

Honorable mention: No. I quit.
Why: Fuck you 10,000 Volt Ghost. I hope you are happy.

Last edited by Mad Melvin : Jul 28th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM       
I wanna play?

Mad Melvin gave me David Spade. I'd rather have Davids AIDS.

David Spade movie I love: Tommy Boy
Why: Because it was a damn good movie. Mainly because of Chris Farley's antics, but David Spade's snarky tone about everything added extra punch to Farley's punch lines.

David Spade movie I like: Black Sheep
Why: It was like Tommy Boy part 2, but with different characters and a different plot. It had a lot of funny parts and while it wasn't as good as Tommy Boy, it was still good in it's own right.

David spade movie I don't like: Racing Stripes
Why: It was a stupid kids movie about talking horses and other animals. Who the fuck comes up with this junk? David Spade was a talking fly, which is about right because after Farley died he latches himself to a lot of shit.

Honorable mention: Grandma's Boy
Why: I can't think of any other movie he's in. He wasn't even that funny in this movie either. Was a funny movie though.

Last edited by k0k0 : Jul 28th, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM       
this sounds so fucken stupid and i'd want to play but the first male actor thatcomes to mind is toshiro mifune and it would beunfair tosend somebody toshiro mifune because he was literally in no bad moviessssssss ah fuck it

I WANNA PLAAY

EDIT:
k0k0 gave me norm macdonald and now norm macdonald will never see the light of day because he's all tied up

A Norm Macdonald movie I love is not a movie at all: SNL
I liked Norm Macdonald on Weekend Update because he is monotonous and would forget lines or something. I thought he was pretty cool as a kid. Also didn't sometimes Jon Lovitz also appear opposite him on Weekend Update, or maybe just once as a guest? I don't know, but I liked it. I liked obnoxious comedians when I was a kid.

A Norm Macdonald movie I like: Billy Madison
I haven't seen this since I was very young but it's featured on Norm Macdonald's filmography and is probably the only one I've seen! He was Adam Sandler's buddy, right? RIGHT?!

A Norm Macdonald movie I didn't like: Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigolo
Apparently he was "BARTENDER" in this one so he was probably only in one scene but I saw this movie and it was awful and I hate it.

Honorable mention: The Norm Show
One time I somehow mentioned that I still remember some of the lyrics to the theme song of this show ("It's too bad that you're not as smart as you thought you were in the first place") and I think it was the only time my girlfriend wanted to break up with me.

Last edited by Aaarg : Jul 28th, 2011 at 08:35 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM       
I get Maurice Micklewhite, a.k.a. Michael Caine. Thanks Aaarg!

(Taken back in the day when smoking was good for you. )

A Michael Caine movie I love: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I don't know if it's his interplay with Steve Martin, but this movie kills me every time I see it. And the ending (where the con men get conned by their mark) seals the deal. Cliché? Most surely. Well done? Oh yes. Best line in the movie? I'm getting a little tired of playing Ruprecht the monkey boy.

A Michael Caine movie I like: Cars 2 (voice of Finn McMissile). I saw this with my son and a host of his buddies. The movie kept my attention, and even though it was animated, I was drawn in. Watchable.

A Michael Caine movie I didn't like: Hannah and her Sisters. I know, Woody Allen movies drip with sarcasm and razor sharp wit and the critics love them. I'm not a critic. I did not like this movie, probably because the trademark WA angst seemed forced and fake. Plus, there was too much Caine - his voiceover musings during the movie were "over the top" boring. Pass.

Honorable mention: Alfie. Not the Jude Law remake, but the original. Old, but very good.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:42 PM       
i wanna see the results :P

I get Charles Bronson, from the colonel flagg

A Charles Bronson movie I love: Once upon a time in the west, i watched this movie whne i was young and its partly one of the reason i love the old west genre

A Charles bronson movie I like: House of wax good movie that sadly is now known for being that remade movie starring paris hilton

A Charles bronson movie I didn't like:
Death wish V i don't know why but just wasn't very good

Honorable mention: Death wish spoof on the simpsons guess is kinda cheating since it wasn't really his voice

SANTO el enmascarado de plata

Last edited by darkvare : Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM       
I'd like to "play"

I got Captain Spaulding himself, Sid Haig!

A Sid Haig movie I loved: Kill Bill part 2.
I liked part 1 more actually, but Sid’s not in that one.

A Sid Haig movie I liked: The Devil’s rejects.
Pretty harsh, with some fucked up humor. Nothing to complain about here.

A Sid Haig movie I didn’t like: Jackie Brown
I usually like Tarantino, but this one did nothing for me. It’s too long without anything worthwile to back that up.

Honorable Mention: Captain Spaulding has a cameo in The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, pretty much an hour of animated boobs and zombie Nazis. I’m sure the teenage me would’ve loved the shit out of it.

Last edited by Esuohlim : Jul 29th, 2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Follow the rules, MORON
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
this sounds so fucken stupid and i'd want to play but the first male actor thatcomes to mind is toshiro mifune and it would beunfair tosend somebody toshiro mifune because he was literally in no bad moviessssssss ah fuck it

I WANNA PLAAY

EDIT:
k0k0 gave me norm macdonald and now norm macdonald will never see the light of day because he's all tied up

A Norm Macdonald movie I love is not a movie at all: SNL
I liked Norm Macdonald on Weekend Update because he is monotonous and would forget lines or something. I thought he was pretty cool as a kid. Also didn't sometimes Jon Lovitz also appear opposite him on Weekend Update, or maybe just once as a guest? I don't know, but I liked it. I liked obnoxious comedians when I was a kid.

A Norm Macdonald movie I like: Billy Madison
I haven't seen this since I was very young but it's featured on Norm Macdonald's filmography and is probably the only one I've seen! He was Adam Sandler's buddy, right? RIGHT?!

A Norm Macdonald movie I didn't like: Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigolo
Apparently he was "BARTENDER" in this one so he was probably only in one scene but I saw this movie and it was awful and I hate it.

Honorable mention: The Norm Show
One time I somehow mentioned that I still remember some of the lyrics to the theme song of this show ("It's too bad that you're not as smart as you thought you were in the first place") and I think it was the only time my girlfriend wanted to break up with me.
Awww, you haven't seen screwed or dirty work?
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM       
i wanted to see dirty work so bad when it was in theaters

and i don't know why i never rented it when it came out on tape

probably too busy renting the danzig videos honestly
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:34 PM       
I would like to play

And my 'ass'ignment from the good captain, is one heck of an ass, Val Kilmer

A Val Kilmer movie I loved: Tombstone. As westerns from the last 30 years go, this one was pretty great, it had a great cast and Val Kilmer stole the show with his portrayal as Doc Holliday

A Val Kilmer game I liked: The Doors. He played Jim Morrison with competence in this odd and tragic tale of the singers life.

A Val Kilmer movie I hated: While I want to shit on Top Gun here, I can't because Batman Forever exists. Even by Tim Burton Batman movie standards this one was pretty bad. Though it wasn't the worst Batman, it was still pretty shitty.

Honorable mention: So instead I will shit on Top Gun here. I hated this flick. I get that many love it, but I cannot get fully on board with it. But I will also say there are a few cheesy scenes in it that make me laugh, and one of them happens to involve "Iceman". So what enjoyment I can derive from this movie is thanks almost entirely to him. Case in point, this little gem:

I believe I am supposed to say "Who want's to play next" here

Last edited by Pentegarn : Jul 29th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:38 PM       
It should come as no big surprise that Pent gave me Leo Dicaprio

This is actually kind of hard because his movies are either really good or just ok. They dont have much variety in the goodness department.

A Dicaprio movie I loved was: Blood Diamond. I actually really like it when he plays a bad ass.

A Dicaprio movie I liked was: The Departed. I dont care what anyone says. I thought it was a pretty cool movie.

A Dicaprio movie I hated was:
Whats eating Gilbert Grape. Yeah yeah, he did a great job playing a tard and all but the movie itself was boring as hell and no fucking point.

Honorable Mention: The Great Gatsby. Not even out yet but am rather interested. Out of all the "classics" they make you read in school, this was one of my favorites even though he probably wont be an ass kicker in it.

Other Honorable Mention:
Gangs of New York. Yeah this is a bad ass movie. I avoided it because I thought it was to easy and a to predictable answer. Not to mention its mostly a bad ass movie because of Daniel Day Lewis and not so much Dicaprio, not that he wasnt good though.

Last edited by Dimnos : Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:47 PM       
I'll play again plz want to.

Dimnos gave me Gary Oldman.

A Gary Oldman movie that I loved: The Fifth Element. He was pretty good in the movie as the bad guy, but I really just liked the movie in general. Multipass.

A Gary Oldman movie that I liked: Batman Begins. He made a good Gordon, and the movie itself was pretty much the ultimate comic book movie and still is. Fuck the dark knight as being the best.

A Gary Oldman movie that I didn't like: The Harry Potter movies. I hate that butthole Harry Potter so much. The only way I'll watch anything Harry Potter is with the 'Wizard People, Dear Reader' audio.

Honorable Mention: Dracula. The dude was a freaking Dracula. Enough said.

Last edited by k0k0 : Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:51 AM.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 12:04 AM       
I wanna play again!

k0k0 gave me DANNY DEVITO

A Danny DeVito movie I love: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
There's no reason for me to explain why this movie is good.

A Danny DeVito movie I like: Throw Momma From the Train
They sure don't make comedies centered around murdering relatives like they used to.

A Danny DeVito movie I didn't like: Austin Powers in Goldmember
I was a stupid preteen when the first two Austin Powers movies came out, but by the time the third one came out I knew better! DeVito's small part was the funniest part of the movie, though.

Honorable mention: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
There's no reason for me to explain why this show is good.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

Last edited by Esuohlim : Jul 29th, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 12:36 AM       
I wanna play again too.

I was given Morgan Freeman by Esouhlim:

A Morgan Freeman movie I love: The Shawshank Redemption
In addition to being a wonderful story and Morgan playing a great character as Red, his narration in the film is absolutely stellar and I attribute it to being one of the reasons I've never tired of the film and watched it countless times. If he's doing narration in a film, I'll almost always give it a shot.

A Morgan Freeman movie I like: Million Dollar Baby
Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris was another great role for Morgan combining both a solid character and more narration. You also get to see him knock-out a cocky hot shot boxer with one punch. Good times.

A Morgan Freeman movie I didn't like: The Maiden Heist
The idea of Morgan Freeman teaming up with Christopher Walken to steal a painting seemed great on paper, but the movie really just goes nowhere and felt like a waste of time. Pretty disappointing.

Honorable mention: The Dark Knight / Batman Begins
I love the Dark Knight films, and Lucius Fox is one of the many entertaining characters found within 'em.

He was also fantastic in Se7en, which was my alternate choice for a movie of his that I love.

Last edited by Mockery : Jul 29th, 2011 at 03:16 PM.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 01:47 AM       
Yeah I want to play again.
And I won't mess up next time, Milhouse
Rog assigned me Ben Stiller.

A Ben Stiller movie I loved: Dodgeball. His White Goodman is constantly entertaining and chews whatever scene he’s in. Without him, it wouldn’t be nearly as good.

A Ben Stiller movie that I liked: Tropic Thunder. Had its moments.

A Ben Stiller movie that I didn’t like: Zoolander. It was an okay first half, but then it turned lame. I think the "oh look, he's so stupid and clueless!" joke was wearing thin at this point. Killing the Prime Minister of Malaysia was also a stupid plot.

Honorable mention:

Last edited by captain516 : Jul 29th, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:27 AM       
I wanna play!

But not with Simon Rex.

Captainwithnumbersattached gave me Charlton Heston. Fair enough.

Charlton Heston movie I love: In The Mouth Of Madness
One of those movies that capture the creepy H.P. Lovecraft feel almost perfectly. When I first watched this (I was maybe 12), the highway scene was so scary that I had to change the channel for a while. That never happens to me. Not before that, and not since. Underrated gem.

Charlton Heston movie I like: Planet Of The Apes
Yeah, I know what you are thinking: "Don't pick such an obvious classic you nimrod. But I forgive you, 'cause you have such a large penis". Well yes, I have a relatively large penis, but thats really not the topic of this thread, so I don't know why you brought it up. The movie on the other hand is just great.So many great quotes from Charlton.Avoid the remake.

Charlton Heston movie I didn't like: Armageddon
Granted, he only did the narration, but it still counts. What a horrible movie. Can you be any more cliche? And before you answer, I haven't seen any of the transformers movies. Which are quite bad, If I had to guess.

Honorable mention: Soylent Green
It is awesome. I was kinda torn between this and The Planet Of The Apes, but Apes is slightly better. Excellent movie, nonetheless.

Last edited by Mad Melvin : Jul 29th, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 05:30 AM       
Yeah I'll go again, too.

Mad Melvin also does me a rock solid by providing me my favorite comedian of all time - George Denis Patrick Carlin.

A George Carlin movie I love: No contest. Dogma. Casting Carlin as Cardinal Glick was a stroke of brilliance.

A George Carlin movie I like: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Not the Bogus Journey. It's more of a cameo role for him, but the movie was quite enjoyable.

A George Carlin movie I didn't like: Americathon. I don't think anyone saw this. Good reason, too. Too bad, with Harvey Korman and John Ritter it should have been better than it was.

Honorable mention: Cars (voiceover as Fillmore). Good animated movie.

Honorable mention-2 (TV): Any of his Comedy Central specials.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jul 29th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 06:37 AM       
I will also in addition take a second turn too as well

I just received my orders from the Colonel, I am assigned Alan Rickman

Alan Rickman movie I loved: This is a tough call, because I have to decide between 2 favorites which are due entirely to Alan Rickman's efforts. But I must make a decision so I will go with Die Hard. Without Alan Rickman this is just another action movie, with him it is a classic.

Alan Rickman movie I liked: I could just as easily have put Galaxy Quest down as a 'loved' movie. Alan Rickman makes this movie and shows he has comedic chops

Alan Rickman movie I hated: Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. As bad as this was (and let's face it, no Robin Hood movie without Errol Flynn is going to be good) there was one shining spot in it, and that was Alan Rickman. He was not enough to save the movie but he was the only good part of it.

Honorable mention: All the Harry Potter movies. (sorry koko) Love it or hate it, the Harry Potter movies are a lumbering juggernaut. No matter how you may feel about the movie series though, casting Alan Rickman as Professor Snape was a masterstroke.

LINE?

Who want's to play next?

Last edited by Pentegarn : Jul 29th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 09:14 AM       
ROUND TWO ME

Pentegarn provided me with SAM ELLIOT

A SAM ELLIOT movie I love: TOMBSTONE
He's a beast in this movie.

A SAM ELLIOT movie I like: Buffalo Girls
He plays Wild Bill. Any movie with a Wild Bill going around getting Buffalo girls is amazing.

A SAM ELLIOT movie I didn't like: Marmaduke
He plays chupadogra. Yeah, cuz thats a thing.

Honorable mention: RED DEAD REDEMPTION

I liked him in Ghost Rider as well.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jul 30th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM       
I'd care to partake in this revelry!

I was assigned JASON SCHWARTZMAN by 10,000 Volt Ghost.

A JASON SCHWARTZMAN MOVIE I LOVE: Spun. It's an off-beat drug flick about the adventures of a meth user (Schwartzman) and his wacky, psychotic cohorts, cut to look like even the film itself has speed leaking out of its canister. It's a very fun movie that details the reasons why you should definitely not do meth without being preachy or gay. Think Trainspotting with tweakers.

A JASON SCHWARTZMAN MOVIE I LIKE: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. You guys know this one. A hipster manchild has to duel his new ladyfriend's evil exes in a world running entirely on video game logic. Schwartzman plays Gideon Graves, the final evil ex-boyfriend, and he manages to be simultaneously hilarious, pathetic, and EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL in a fashion most infuriatingly postmodern.

A JASON SCHWARTZMAN MOVIE I DON'T LIKE: Bewitched. Fuck this movie, that's why.

HONORABLE MENTION: Bored to Death. I've only seen a few episodes of this, and I guess it was ok, if a bit underdeveloped. Schwartzman is adorable as the protagonist, a dorky, weed-smoking craigslist detective.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Aug 1st, 2011 at 06:39 PM.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM       
GW gave me Jude Law

A Jude Law movie I love: Enemy at the Gates.

A Jude Law movie I likes: Gattaca

I wanted the clip of Jude Law giving the cop a hard time about questioning why he is in a wheelchair but I couldnt find it.

A Jude Law movie I dont like: Alfie. To slow, to boring, and not enough
bewbs.

Honerable Mention: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Awesome movie. I would have put it as the one I love had he been in it for more than 10 minutes.

Last edited by Dimnos : Aug 1st, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:41 PM       
Dimnos gave me Christopher Walken

Christopher Walken movie I loved: The Dead Zone

He really sold me on the idea that he was a psychic that I couldn't entirely trust because he may or may not be crazy. I didn't even mind that he was a grown man named "Johnny".

Christopher Walken movie I liked: Balls of Fury

I liked him pretending to be Asian, plus there were a lot of great bits from minor and supporting characters.

Christopher Walken movie I don't like: Joe Dirt

Liked him as the former mafioso turned janitor via witness protection program, but everything else in this movie...

Honorable Mention: Sleepy Hollow

"I want Christopher Walken to play a scary villain in our movie, but I don't want him to talk."

"No problem. Just give him a weird haircut and shark teeth."

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Aug 1st, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 05:48 PM       
May I join in on the fun?