Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 08:36 AM        An open letter to Browns' ownership
Dear Cleveland Browns ownership,

For several decades, there has been a Super Bowl. Before those times, there was a dominant team in football that won championship after championship.

Since those days, there has been a sick drought completely bereft of even an attempt at a Lombardi Trophy.

The Cleveland Browns fans, despite this drought, have shown your team loyalty rivaling the likes of the Bears or the Packers fans.

In spite of this loyalty, you as the ownership have done nothing to show your teams fan base that you want to win a Lombardi Trophy.

We, as loyal Browns fans, deserve better than you are giving us.

When Art Modell ripped the Browns from us, we were angry, but we waited. Not long after, we were rewarded with our patience and loyalty with a new Browns franchise. It has been over a decade now, and we are still as bad, if not worse, than we were when we reappeared with Ty Detmer as our QB.

Yet, you make ineffective trades and coaching changes. You couldn't do better than Mangini? Really? You couldn't get the browns a decent offensive and defensive line?

You owe us Browns ownership. People do not want to spend hard earned money in this economy on a team that the ownership clearly does not have any real interest in making into a Super Bowl contender. Fix this now, lest your hubris in taking your team's fans for granted will come back to haunt you and you stop selling seats.

Regards,

A Browns fan who has finally had enough
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Dear Cleveland Browns ownership
I'd prefer "Dear Buttheads:"

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns fans, despite this drought [of quality football], have shown your team loyalty rivaling the likes of the Bears or the Packers fans.
Cleveland USED TO BE a feared locale to visiting teams. The DAWG POUND was renowned and dreaded by many away teams, and was usually good for at least one or two delay penalties per game.

At least that's how I remember it.

Quote:
Yet, you make ineffective trades and coaching changes. You couldn't do better than Mangini? Really? You couldn't get the browns a decent offensive and defensive line?
Yes, they could have done better. A steaming brown paper bag of crap. A bucket of warm spit. Somebody's dead grandmother. All of which undoubtedly would have come cheaper than Mangini.

Quote:
You owe us Browns ownership. People do not want to spend hard earned money in this economy on a team that the ownership clearly does not have any real interest in making into a Super Bowl contender. Fix this now, lest your hubris in taking your team's fans for granted will come back to haunt you and you stop selling seats.
Unfortunately, the only part of your "open letter" to which I disagree. Football fans are like lemmings. They'll buy season tickets on a wing and a prayer of a hope that the team will actualy win a few games.

Seriously, that drubbing by the Ravens may have had a similar effect on me. I feel for you, bro'.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM       
I felt this way since the Bronco loss, if they can't muster it together enough to beat that broken team, they are truly a lost cause. I just waited a week to cool down.

And while I am on the subject of the Broncos, they are the worst 3-0 team ever. Look at their wins

Week 1: A fluke miracle win
Week 2: Browns, like that counts
Week 3: Raiders, see week 2
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM       
They get to play the NFC-East this year, that should be good for 3 losses. At least.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 08:42 PM       
Wow. 100% Wildcat. Maybe they should trade for Michael Vick.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 01:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
They get to play the NFC-East this year, that should be good for 3 losses. At least.
They play the Giants on Thanksgiving. How many yards on the ground does Big Blue get?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM       
Yep. The Eag's just pasted KC, and play Oakland 2 weeks after the bye. THey've made a big point on TalkRadio about B-Dawk and his return to Philly.

EB, I'd guess the over/under at about 200.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 06:26 AM       
The thing is, it doesn't take that much to win a championship. There's no magic formula. If you have a solid offensive and defensive line, you can win it all with mostly tier 2 players in the rest of the non QB positions, just ask Denver's first Super Bowl win.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 09:41 AM       
First, you need a good head coach and general manager who can identify the role players that fit the team they're trying to build. That's where you start.

The Browns can't win with Mangini.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM       
Quote:
The Browns can't win
Fixed

Quote:
The Browns can't win with Mangini
In all seriousness, this is true. Of course, I said at the time anything was a step up from Romeo O Romeo

Now I want to ask, Where for art thou Romeo, you were better than Mangini
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM       
New from "As the Browns Turn"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4634879

A tidbit from the article:

Quote:
Kokinis had grown so disconnected to Mangini and other members of the Browns front office that the two rarely, if ever, had any contact. Kokinis grew increasingly withdrawn to the point where he looked and acted so unhappy, the Browns ordered him into counseling, according to sources.
The Browns Organization: Poster children for Zoloft.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM       
Nope - makes for a great buzz, and for anticipation of good things to come. I was just taken by the statement that the Browns sucked all the happiness out of Kokinis. Like a mega-leech.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM       
You'd be depressed too if you had that sort of career downgrade. Going from a team that is in it every year to a team that is in the hunt for the first draft pick every year is bound to depress anyone :P
Banned
zooroom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM       
I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the warm/scary welcome,I'm really looking forward to talk about anything and everything horror related.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM       
I'LL BED YOU MOTHER FUCKER!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM       
CHECK OUT THESE BRASS FITTINGS
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 08:44 PM       
I'LL GIVE YOU A WARM/SCARY WELCOME ALL OVER YOUR FACE!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 09:44 PM       
He wants to talk "horror" - Cleveland football is a good place to start.