Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:10 PM        Space Program
Bush is going to be on TV in about an hour to talk about his plans for the space program.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:38 PM       
"The last thing we need to be doing is sending our grotesquely distorted DNA out into space."

-George Carlin

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:48 PM       
Bush is an absolute moron if he thinks that 1 billion dollors is going to really impact NASA. But it would be very cool if someone finally got us off this rock.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:54 PM       
Why the hell would anyone actually want to live on Mars or the goddamn moon?

"Hmm.. a desolate, lifeless rock without food, water, or oxygen. HELL YEAH, BABY, I'm gonna get a second home there!"
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialBrandon
Why the hell would anyone actually want to live on Mars or the goddamn moon?
Apparently, Dubya heard the Martians are building WMDs and have had meetings with Al-Qaeda.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:51 PM       
I'm actually a big fan of space exploration, but this is hogwash. Boeing plans to spend almost seven times the amount of money Bush is proposing NEXT YEAR to reasearch a new airplane.

It's so cynical, but it's it's way more deranged than I'm used to from them. His base aren't going to like it because it's spending money on something impractical and if he only plans on spending a billion a year on it, it doesn't even make much sense as pork. I can't imagine there's even a single conservative democrat out there who's really on the fence and will be sucked in by the 'vision' of this sham space initiative.

In short, I don't get it. If there were more clams going into it, I'd be certain he had in mind militarizing space, but I'm not sure what this even is. If the idea was to give him a big inspirational initiative, they should have known in advance he can't pitch it. I listened to the speech today and it sounded like his typical mumbling through a text he didn't really understand and could have been about anything. He doesn't DO inspirational.

If anyone has any sense of the point of thsi whole thing, I'd be interested to hear it.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:02 PM       
Not to actually condone corporate welfare or anything, but I would rather that money be used as incentives for space research. Although, if they find another fuel source (ie hydrogen) that would cut out a huge chunk of the cost. Maybe he just knows something we don't.

And I call dibs on the TIE fighters.