Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Here's my official disclaimer that I only made my picks in less than 5 minutes. So when it catches on fire I won't feel bad.
We both know you are lying
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:54 AM        March Madness 2010
As per tradition, we can talk games here and be bracket guy in the March Madness thread.

This is my Christmas time. I loves me some March Madness!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM       
So on to my pre game thoughts for today's matchups:

I expect BYU vs. Florida to be the good one in the 12:30 bunch, so I will try to catch that one live. I expect given BYU's poor performance in past apperances that Florida will win it in a close one.

St. Mary's and Richmond will be the most interesting 3:00 one. I expect St. Mary's to control this one.

2 games have my attention at 7. Washington v. Marquette because it should be close, and Ohio v. Georgetown because I think this will be the 14 beats a 3 upset and Ohio actually is on a hot streak so I want to see them in action.

Wake Forest v. Texas will be the game for 9:30 that I look for, and it is a game that makes me nervous (more on that in the bracket thread later)
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:06 PM       
Ew. I just looked and there is little coverage of live games on TV (just CBS from what I can see), looks like it's going to be all about the live feed on the internets
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
We both know you are lying
Ha, you know me too well. Of course once it blows up in my face I will be posting about how this is the last time I do a bracket and blah blah blah.

Happens every single year.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM       
Ohio beating Georgetown will not happen. At least I hope to Zeus that it doesn't happen because I have Georgetown making a bit of a run.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM       
Quote:
Ohio beating Georgetown will not happen. At least I hope to Zeus that it doesn't happen because I have Georgetown making a bit of a run.
You better hope to a different God, Zues only accepts prayers about decathlons.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM       
Quote:
Ha, you know me too well. Of course once it blows up in my face I will be posting about how this is the last time I do a bracket and blah blah blah.

Happens every single year.
We are all in a codependent relationship with March Madness
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM       
I know it's early, but Robert Morris is putting the SMACKDOWN on 'nova.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Mar 18th, 2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: I can't remember my RM teams
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM       
I, on the other hand, really did make my picks in about a minute. I figure I couldn't do any worse if I really thought about it.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I know it's early, but Robert Morris is putting the SMACKDOWN on 'nova.
They won't be able to hang for 20 more minutes.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM       
28-22 RMU at the half. I keep waiting for 'nova to put together a 17-2 run or something.

Maybe they're this season's Arizona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentegarn View Post
I expect BYU vs. Florida to be the good one in the 12:30 bunch, so I will try to catch that one live. I expect given BYU's poor performance in past apperances that Florida will win it in a close one.
And it's 35-33 BYU at the half. So far, P, you're damn near as prescient as any dime-store fortuneteller.

On the other hand ....
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM       
Woo Old Dominion! :woo

I'm in the lead

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:27 PM       
There goes ND. Jim Rome is letting Jay Stewart have it because he had ND in his final four :D

Last edited by Pentegarn : Mar 18th, 2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Letting, not getting
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:31 PM       
What the fuck Robert Morris

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM       
First it was George Mason, now it is Robert Morris, what the fuck is it with Universities that are just some guy's name fucking up my brackets?
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM       
I remember MSU as a 2 seed played Robert Morris last year and we cut it pretty close. That dude is force to be reckoned with

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
Nova has tied it up. If they hold on an win it won't be because they outplayed RM in this game, it will be because they scrambled and outplayed them for a quarter, and that is not acceptable in this tourney.
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM       
At least Florida isn't pulling through.

after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 03:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notre Dame
Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send the volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky,
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory.

EDIT: I hate Notre Dame sooooooo much. Almost more than the Yankees.