Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 09:50 PM        How friendly is TOO friendly?
On my campus, as on most campuses, I would assume, people form their own little groups of friends and pretty much stick with that. Well, my campus is no different, and my group of friends is pretty large. One guy in particular, though, has been creeping me out a little lately. Here are the facts:

- Our group mostly sits around in the coffee shop on campus all day. When my girlfriend (now known as Lynn) is in there, though, and I am either in class or at my campus job, this guy (We'll refer to him as Jones) sits really close to her. As in REALLY close. She was on a couch all by herself, stretching and taking up two of the three cushions. He sat down on the third, and half an hour later, she's squished against the side with nothing but her backpack between her and him. The rest of the couch was still empty.

- Jones is a close talker with everyone, but he only sits close to Lynn on a regular basis, and mostly when I am not around.

- Today, Lynn sat down on my lap in one of the chairs. When Jones saw this, he left the coffee shop faster than you could say "jealousy".

- Jones writes fanfiction for the Lone Gunmen series (laugh all you want, seriously. I do sometimes). For a class project, he is filming one of his scripts. He asked if we could help, and we agreed. I got cast as some French guy, and Lynn as a woman who I am pretty sure gets romantically involved with his character in his later scripts.

- Last week was Homecoming week. One of the activities was a jousting competition (bigass inflatable room with foam weapons). I wanted to go against the winner of the previous match, but he insisted I go against him. I won, and he didn't come near me or Lynn for the rest of the day.

- Though he insists that he has a girlfriend, we have never met her, nor have we seen any pictures of them together. He never even talks to her, and claims that he only sees her on the weekends, but never gives specifics as to what they do.

So, basically, I am asking if you think there may be cause for concern here. If so, what the hell should I do?
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM       
I would suggest beating him righteously.

At least give your girlfriend some pepper spray.
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:39 PM       
I'm sorry, I don't speak "pretentious".

Anybody worthwhile gonna respond?

DSBurroughs is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 11:10 PM       
I say, from a chicks p.o.v., as long as your girlfriend isn't showing any insterest in this "Jones" character as well, then you have nothing to worry about. Even if he is coming on to her and has a thing for her, if it's not reciprotcated then it will die off in time. And in the meantime it'll just be some annoying thing you and your lady friend can laugh about.
Everybody loves me. I'm the most important person in the lives of almost everyone I know and a good deal of people I've never even met. I don't say this casually; I'm just pointing out my qualification.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 11:16 PM       
I sort-of agree with the above
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 12:47 AM       
I'd keep an eye in this "Jones". But maybe more importantly when did this "Too friendly" buisness start, and how long has it been going on?

A creepily friendly guy is nothign campared to my group at My high school. I sit with 2 nerds, 1 PWNED- LOL speaking guy, a grubby fat kid, a Jock, a filthy rich kid, a stoner, a guy named Krigler, some kid who will try and cut you if you take his hat and a 2 time Rapist. I'm not joking.
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 12:54 AM       
You have me beat on the level of wierdness, but I just found out that not only is "Jones" too friendly, but also mildly retarded. This situation is just getting too complicated. Hopefully everyone can come out of this still friends, though. He's a decent guy, just too close to the people who really matter to me.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 01:27 AM       
I think there needs to be a teen comedy/drama about ArrowX and his friends.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:19 AM       
I am not ArrowX's friend

But yeah, I think Loveline in general should be pitched as a sitcom. Fox would do it.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
A creepily friendly guy is nothign campared to my group at My high school. I sit with 2 nerds, 1 PWNED- LOL speaking guy, a grubby fat kid, a Jock, a filthy rich kid, a stoner, a guy named Krigler, some kid who will try and cut you if you take his hat and a 2 time Rapist. I'm not joking.
its like saved by the bell!

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM       
You haven't said what your girlfriend thinks about all this.

He may be harmless, but OTOH, OAO might have been right about the pepper spray - fuck, it's a college campus, it would not hurt to have something like that regardless of retards with creepy crushes.
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 02:21 PM       
Well, it turned out to be nothing. He's just really friendly. I talked to him today, and he understood. It's taken care of, and my girlfriend was pretty creeped out by it, too. It's over now, though.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 02:47 PM       
Yeah right. He wanted your woman and thought that he could replace you if he was friendly enough and made himself look like he was a nicer guy (even though all chicks want to date assholes am I right guys).

You should have accused him of being a homewrecker.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 02:49 PM       
Weren't you the guy who shamelessly made MS Paint drawings of Link?

If so, you have no room to talk about his fanfics.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 03:49 PM       
Your GF takes up three couch cushions? Christ on a bike!!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadKennedys
Weren't you the guy who shamelessly made MS Paint drawings of Link?

If so, you have no room to talk about his fanfics.
They were sprites, but yes, I made Link sprites. I am not making fun of fanfics in general, just his. They are nothing more than shameless ripoffs of most anything in Pop Culture today, with the Lone Gunmen characters thrown into the situations. Think Hitchhiker's Guide starring the Lone Gunmen, and you are getting warm.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
Your GF takes up three couch cushions? Christ on a bike!!
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:06 AM       
Perhaps I should have specified that she was sprawled out on the couch. She is acctually a very tiny girl.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM       
Go to class
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 02:48 AM       
Ah, college. I remember when I was that young... only 3 decent looking girls in the entire building. I swear, I will never again go to a tech college
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 04:28 PM       
IG, did she show you the pictures from Cancun? We laughed so hard!
:goodtimes

Wherever you go, there you are.