Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:36 AM        Seriously
Tadao, you are a funny and nice guy, and I don't dislike you at all, but I really don't think that the philosophy board needs a heavy hand.

This is i-mockery, and if you find Coolie annoying then try to mock him instead of just banning or locking threads. Some of us get enjoyment out of mocking him.

When you lock a Coollie thread you are locking the PASSION of this board.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
i think i should be made mod because i won't lock fun threads like a doofus

im so psychic
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:30 AM       
The problem is that locking/banning/warning some people turns them into martyrs, which only makes them more sanctimonious and holier-than-thou.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:09 AM       
Turning people into martyrs can be funny in some cases, but I think we should be focusing on making people feel so horrible about their misguided conspiracy views that they just leave... it's not about arguing with coolie and bashing your head against a wall, it's enjoying yourself while doing it.

Tadao can be mod if he likes, just so long as the baning and deleting/locking threads sticks to spam bots or genuinely hilarious abuses of power.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
The problem is that locking/banning/warning some people turns them into martyrs, which only makes them more sanctimonious and holier-than-thou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
So this is what you're using your new Mod powers for? Giving me warnings for no reason.

Saw that coming from a mile away. I wonder what Mod is going to give you a warning for cursing, putting people down, and adding nothing to the forum as a whole... Let's just say I won't hold my breath.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:58 AM       
Let me preface this with I am a Tadao fan

But in a way, Zhukov is right. I miss the depression thread (nothing was more fun than explaining something so obvious to someone as dense as Coolie), the first time it locked, it broke the flow in two sadly, making the second lock happen mainly because of said broken flow.

And while yes Coolie is whiny, misguided, self absorbed, delusional, and a tad annoying; those sort of posters are why we come here, so we have a place to throw our verbal pies.

All that being said, Tadao is still new to the modding thing, he came out of the gate aggressive, and I won't blame him for that, it happens to many new mods. Tadao isn't the first mod to be aggressive on the interwebz, and he won't be the last either. So on that note I say give him time to get comfortable with the new powers before we judge too harshly
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2010, 10:30 AM       
GRILLED CHEESE SAMWICHES.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:03 PM       
We don't need a whole forum of Coolie threads.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM       
No, we need a website made up of just Coolie threads.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:24 PM       
Is that really a 3rd vote? Cause I'm waiting for 3 people.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM       
I WOULD LIKE TO MAE A SECOND VOTE FOR GRILLED CHEESE SAMWICHES

EXCEPT MAYBE WITH GRILLED CHICKEN AND JALAPENOS INSIDE; IT'S SORTA LIKE A TUNA MELT IDEA THAT DOESN'T SUCK

also, bullying a semi-"serious" poster like coolinator in such ridiculous fashion with your brand-new mod powers is like desperately hitting on an ugly fat girl in a bar because you've had a horrible dry spell and jizzing yourself when she touches your arm
Is a RoboCop.

Old May 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM       
Vote for what?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:32 PM       
On the plus side, he provides a great deal of entertainment. I imagine him in his basement wearing aluminum foil using a hand-crank generator to power his PC so the ILLUMINATI won't know where he is.

On the negative side, he is boorish, childish, quotes people then changes what they said and refuses to read or even acknowledge any alternative opinions. Then, when people call him on it, he starts whining that everyone is verbally beating him up.

So yes, his posts add humor value but at what price? Jonathan Clement comes to mind.

I'm on the fence.
You may already be there.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:32 PM       
Ya need to wait for the CHOICE shit, son; the rules still apply with this one

Unless you're planning on going mad with power, that would be awesome
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Vote for what?
Vote that Collie should have more threads.
Is a RoboCop.

Old May 6th, 2010, 12:34 PM       
Yes, he should be as free as a bird.
Ancient Mariner
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
BUT THIS BIRD YOU CANNOT CHA-YA-HAAAAAAANGE

Flyyyyyyyyyyy-a-hi-yay FREEEEE-E-HEEEEEE BIRD
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Ya need to wait for the CHOICE shit, son; the rules still apply with this one

Unless you're planning on going mad with power, that would be awesome
I'm torn between giving the people what they want and staying true to my beliefs. I GUESS I SOLD HALF OF MY SOUL TO THE MAN.
Ancient Mariner
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:41 PM       
if you decide to go crazy, make sure that the dead kennedy's version of I Fought The Law is playing on a loop on your pc
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
So yes, his posts add humor value but at what price? Jonathan Clement comes to mind.
Coolie seams to have a purpose and initiative, albeit a retarded purpose and initiative. Clement was just plain retarded. Coolies posts make me laugh while Clement just made me roll my eyes and shake my head.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:44 PM       
I would never abuse the power if Chojin so chooses to give it to me.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM       
GOD DAMIT I was gonna lock Z's thread to piss him off, but it's a good one.
Ancient Mariner
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM       
And it does need to be said that Coolie's just TAKING all of these ridiculous and hilariously arbitrary rules on him; he seems to understand that he's at the butt of a joke and ISN'T being a whiny bitch about it.

The problem here is that the philosophy thread hasn't really been rip-roaring since 2007; people have forgotten that EVERYONE arguing in philosophy had Coolie -like traits and you would get fifty pages of circular argument that would suddenly stop being funny/interesting on the twenty fifth page... it would stop for one of three reasons:

1. A bitch fit would be thrown, followed by dramatic exits

2. A neutral observer would point out that, by now, everyone was caught up in several simultaneous conversations consisting of arguing over the semantics OF ARGUING THE SEMANTICS OF of one facet OF PART OF the current discussion and no one had any fucking clue what was going on anymore

3. KevinTheOmnivore would tag-team with somebody and champion the cause of liberalism.

the only reason Coolie is standing out is because he has no hardcore philosophy-crawlers surrounding him
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:09 PM       
I've always been told to keep it in 1 thread if possible.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:36 PM       
It happened before - an unknown mod began dumping all of womti's posts in one thread, he had a hissy-fit about it, asked to be banned, and (I think) the same mod took him up on his request.

It also happened with Aaaarg (sp?) - but it didn't last long - and with KulturKampf. And thats just in my mock-history - there undoubtedly have been many others.

Giving Coolie his own philosophy thread would make it difficult for him to derail legitimate topics - which has happened multiple times - but it would hamper his ability to comment on discussions where he may have an on-topic point.

EDIT - I'm surprised he hasn't joined this discussion already.
You may already be there.