Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 04:36 AM        Ten Things I Liked About Ghostbusters II!
Automatically generated comment thread for Ten Things I Liked About Ghostbusters II!.
Coulrophobe
Mike Tobacco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM       
I've always felt that Ghostbusters II was one of the more unfairly maligned sequels of all-time. For me, the courtroom scene is one of the funniest sequences from either film. That, the scene when Louis asks Janine out for a date, and the subway sequence ("WINNNNSTONNNNNN!!!") would be on my list of favorite GBII moments, along with what you've got here. Good stuff, Rog.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM       
I don't think that GBII was all that unpopular. Mind you in it's theatrical release it didn't stand a chance, due to the reasons mentioned above, but it's tv, dvd and bluray residuals are really high. Critically the film was rated pretty good as well.
Sympathizes with the foo'
Mister Tea is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 03:29 PM       
About the only thing I can knock it for is that the plot reads like a Mad Libs of the first one, but the humor and effects are still solid. To me, it's pretty much what Temple of Doom was to Indiana Jones; not nearly as grand as its predecessor, but still a damn fine flick in its own right.
Forgetable Cyborg
That Other Guy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM       
I really don't care if people wear real fur; but, if you wear a fur coat with the friggin' heads still attached to it, you deserve to have it maul you, you morbid jerk. (Exceptions for people who actually kill a ferocious animal in knife fight. Wear your wolf or bear head cloaks with pride!) Rock on, mink-y Cerberus coat!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2012, 07:44 PM       
this is really weird this movie was playing on tv just 10 minutes ago :0
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 02:02 AM       
OMG! Your TV must be haunted!!

WHO YA GONNA CALL??
Slacking Enthusiast
Kenji is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM       
I not too long ago found myself thinking of this movie due to recent Statue of Liberty-related Doctor Who ridiculousness. Things are really being bad when all you can say is "The Eighties did it better."
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM       
Don't get me started on how stupid that entire episode was.

Ignoring the fact that out of the millions of people in NY, somebody would have probably noticed Lady Liberty in front of a apartment complex, the whole "paradox" wasn't much of a paradox now was it?

He couldn't go back in time and get them because they saw their names on a tombstone? WTF? They are time travelers! Even assuming that made up rule was true, what's to say that they didn't both live to a ripe old age of 100 and then the Doctor drops them back in 30's NY on their death bed. Oh I forgot, he can't go back to that time period anymore. Ok, so I dunno, go rescue them a month later?

If you want people to leave the show, why not just have them leave the show.... no reason to make up some stupid convoluted reason for it.

I remember back in the day when their was some actual science in Dr. Who, the SCIFI series.
Mogwai Trainer
CinnamonGrrl Erin is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM       
I've always loved this movie, and I think that it's because it's one of the first movies I saw (and I was about 7 when this came out) that I liked BECAUSE it scared me. I had just gotten to that age where scary could be entertaining, and I've just always had a soft spot in my heart for GBII (same with "Scrooged," which I think came out right around the same time).

(Also, Peter McNicol was just wonderful as Renfield in "Dracula: Dead and Loving It.")
Bustin makes me feel good
wetstereorebel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM       
I've always thought Rick Moranis in court defending the Ghostbusters was one of the funniest scenes ever.
Forum Virgin
Max Fightmaster is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM       
Vigo was also Karl in Die Hard, which might explain the hair.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM       
Actually, Vigo (Wilhelm von Homburg) was James in Die Hard, not Karl. Karl was played by Alexander Godunov, who you may also remember as Max from The Money Pit as well.
Coulrophobe
Mike Tobacco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM       
...Aaaaaand, The Money Pit starred Tom Hanks who was in Turner & Hooch with Reginald VelJohnson who played a police officer as he did in Die Hard and as he also did in the first Ghostbusters which, of course, was the predecessor to Ghostbusters II.

The More You Know

-Moliere
Forum Virgin
Joel3K is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:35 PM       
This has long been one of my favorite articles here, since it works so well both as a fun article in and of itself and as a great defense of one of the most unfairly maligned sequels ever! I'm totally in agreement with Mister Tea's comparison to Temple of Doom; in both cases, I watched them long after the initial hype and expectations, and since I knew that the perfect lightning-in-a-bottle mix of the first movies couldn't be recaptured, I just enjoyed them for what they were. And if GB2 had deviated more from the template of the first movie, as Temple of Doom did, it would've gotten criticized for being too different in structure. It's also much like On Her Majesty's Secret Service, in that most people didn't see it when it came out, and then just assumed it was bad since everyone else already seemed to assume it was a bad entry.

The animated GIFs are always a highlight of these movie articles, but there's a particularly great bounty in this article. All the endlessly looping images go to show just how many striking and novel moving images are packed into GB2! It'd be cool to make one of those long animated GIFs that summarize an entire movie in pixelated form, especially since the creator of a popular GIF of the first Ghostbusters vowed to never do one for GB2.
4 Eyes, No Brain.
Danny 4 Eyes is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM       
One Christmas I got a double feature video tape consisting of Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, best day of my life.