Old Jul 12th, 2003, 11:52 AM       
the clash.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 12:56 PM       
Only possible answer. The Clash.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM       
It's obviously the Clash, but I don't really think of them as a punk band. I think only the UK version of their first album was really a punk album. Their second album was only kinda a punk album. Their last album was more a disco album than anything.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM       
Punk sucks?

The Ramones.

Punk sucks.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
crash0814 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 04:49 PM       
That's what I've been telling people. The only Clash album that was really punk is their eponymous debut. "London Calling" is a great album, definitely, but it doesn't sound like punk to me. But hey! What do I know? I think alternative is better than metal.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 06:16 PM       
The Bad Brains! Or perhaps Wire.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 06:18 PM       
I love Wire.

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 06:56 PM       
Crash, you have soulseek or AIM, or anything in which we may chat through?

P.S. Yes, I am aware that there is private messaging for those of you who I am pissing off, but I think it's near impossible to get someone to reply.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 07:15 PM       
Nah, I don't have any instant messenger services because I'm not a big fan of totally inane conversations.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Sup."

"Nothing."

"Cool."

But hey! We can talk on here. What's your favorite Wire song?

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 07:34 PM       
I enjoy ex-lion tamer, but I've only heard a bit off Chairs Missing and I have heard all of Pink Flag.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 07:42 PM       
I would say The Clash, but I really don't consider them punk.

So I'll say Big Black instead
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:03 PM       
Oooh yea, wire is the ex-lion tamer guy. That shit's hilarious I use soulseek, but I deleted it so the RIAA wouldn't bust me.

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:18 PM       
Two questions.

1. Why is Ex-Lion Tamer hilarious?

2. I heard about RIAA busting random people. IS that true?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:24 PM       
Yeah, and if the RIAA catches you, you have to pay a 1500 dollar fine for every song you have downloaded

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
I just moved all my songs to another folder, even if this is bull.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:33 PM       
Unfortunatly, it's not bull
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:41 PM       
it is too

-willie
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:45 PM       
PROVE IT
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 09:55 PM       
YOU prove it isn't

Show me a news article or something

-willie
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 10:14 PM       
Music Labels Threaten to Sue Net Users
Wed Jun 25, 1:19 PM ET

By TED BRIDIS, AP Technology Writer

WASHINGTON - The embattled music industry disclosed aggressive plans Wednesday for an unprecedented escalation in its fight against Internet piracy, threatening to sue hundreds of individual computer users who illegally share music files online.

The Recording Industry Association of America (news - web sites), citing substantial sales declines, said it will begin Thursday to search Internet file-sharing networks to identify users who offer "substantial" collections of mp3 music files for downloading. It expects to file at least several hundred lawsuits seeking financial damages within eight to 10 weeks.

Executives for the RIAA, the Washington-based lobbying group that represents major labels, would not say how many songs on a user's computer will qualify for a lawsuit. The new campaign comes just weeks after U.S. appeals court rulings requiring Internet providers to identify subscribers suspected of illegally sharing music and movie files.

The RIAA's president, Carey Sherman, said tens of millions of Internet users of popular file-sharing software after Thursday will expose themselves to "the real risk of having to face the music."

"It's stealing. It's both wrong and illegal," Sherman said. Alluding to the court decisions, Sherman said Internet users who believe they can hide behind an alias online were mistaken. "You are not anonymous," Sherman said. "We're going to begin taking names."

Critics accused the RIAA of resorting to heavy-handed tactics likely to alienate millions of Internet file-sharers.

"This latest effort really indicates the recording industry has lost touch with reality completely," said Fred von Lohmann, a lawyer for the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "Does anyone think more lawsuits are going to be the answer? Today they have declared war on the American consumer."

Sherman disputed that consumers, who are gradually turning to legitimate Web sites to buy music legally, will object to the industry's latest efforts against pirates.

"You have to look at exactly who are your customers," he said. "You could say the same thing about shoplifters — are you worried about alienating them? All sorts of industries and retailers have come to the conclusion that they need to be able to protect their rights. We have come to the same conclusion."

Mike Godwin of Public Knowledge, a consumer group that has challenged broad crackdowns on file-sharing networks, said Wednesday's announcement was appropriate because it targeted users illegally sharing copyrighted files.

"I'm sure it's going to freak them out," Godwin said. "The free ride is over." He added: "I wouldn't be surprised if at least some people engaged in file-trading decide to resist and try to find ways to thwart the litigation strategy."

The RIAA said its lawyers will file lawsuits initially against people with the largest collections of music files they can find online. U.S. copyright laws allow for damages of $750 to $150,000 for each song offered illegally on a person's computer, but Sherman said the RIAA will be open to settlement proposals from defendants.

"We have no hard and fast rule on how many files you have to be distributing ... to come within our radar screen," Sherman said. "We will go after the worst offenders first."

The RIAA said it expected to file "at least several hundred lawsuits" within eight to 10 weeks but will continue to file lawsuits afterward on a regular basis.

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 10:51 PM       
Pink Flag is the only Wire album I've got, but I've been meaning to pick up Chairs Missing for about a year now. As for my favorite Wire song...I dunno, maybe Three Girl Rhumba. Ex-Lion Tamer is great, though.

And yes, I heard about the RIAA suing people also. Isn't that a load of shit?
OH GOD
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 11:27 PM       
that's not enough proof for me when they ACTUALLY sue someone, rather than just threaten, then I'll believe there's a risk to me

-willie
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 11:48 PM       
You're probably right