Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 01:06 AM       
Shame about Hard Rain. I was thinking it'd be the game that'd make me get a PS3.

Edit: Because I could not fucking care less about shit like Metal Gear Solid and, uhh... Killzone?

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 08:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i rented army of two the 40th day i'm gonna beat it with a friend on split screen
How is that? I really enjoyed the first one but haven't had time to play 40th day.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 10:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
How is that? I really enjoyed the first one but haven't had time to play 40th day.
Worth a rent if you enjoyed the gameplay of the first. Way too easy though, and the basic tactics that you ease yourself into in the first few levels are thrown away for the rest in favour of just pointing and shooting anything and everything faster and harder than they can shoot you.

Rubbish use of "morals" to tell a story that isn't actually told unless you do extra curricular activities and learn Mandarin or some shit to explain the back story. I had no idea who the bad guys where the whole time.

Very cool art direction though, and would be way funner with two people. Unfortunately I have few friends, although I consider those who are to be much more important to me than throw away acquaintances that I merely chat small talk with in an effort to make me feel more important.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM       
I would need to play it with a friend. I played through the first one with a few different people but tried it by myself and it just didn't feel the same.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM       
i think the games is way too short less than 2 hours and we were already at chapter 5 of 5 wtf

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 11:52 AM       
That's really short. How is the customization?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM       
there is a lot of new add ons for the guns but you have to find some bags in the game to unlock them such things as soda can silencers are fun and a lot of camos for the guns
edit i just fineshed the game no end boss, and feels just like anyother of the morale choices

SANTO el enmascarado de plata

Last edited by darkvare : Mar 7th, 2010 at 02:24 AM.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 04:11 AM       
The customization has no variety to it. All the shotguns feel the same, all the machine guns feel the same. What's the point of a cordial can silencer or a screwdriver bayonet when a REAL bayonet and a REAL silencer cost a few hundred dollars more and, oh yeah, I have 300 million dollars.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 12:11 PM       
I've been playing AVP as well. First game I've bought new in a while. Nice game and all but needs to be patched up a little.

There are already a ton of dedicated servers running for multiplayer so there isn't too much of a problem finding a non-ranked game. The problem comes in when your trying to find a Ranked game. Then you have to go through this "Quick Match" system which is an oxymoron considering your going to be staring at the face hugger animation for around 20-30 minutes waiting to be randomly placed in a game with 2-3 people.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM       
I got to the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief 3.

Not fucking cool, man.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM       
Dragon Quest 3 Super Famicom translation.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM       
Resident Evil 5 Desperate Escape. No kidding it makes you feel desperate.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Resident Evil 5 Desperate Escape. No kidding it makes you feel desperate.
I'm still debating if I should buy RE:5 for PC. I heard good and bad things about it so I'm somewhat indecisive.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:57 AM       
Bayonetta (GOD that game is so damn awesome) and

FF13 (not as awesome but still good)
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Bayonetta (GOD that game is so damn awesome) and

FF13 (not as awesome but still good)
I must admit Sega is finally kicking some ass with there new line up.

Alien Vs Predator
Bayonetta

They are coming out with some quality software. I hope they keep it going and don't fall into that Sonic the Hedgehog treadmill they are so used to wallowing in.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 12:24 PM       
Sega didn't make Bayonetta. They just published it. That's why it isn't bad.

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 01:26 PM       
Finally started playing Valkyrie Profile. Had the game for years but never even opened the case.
I don't really like timed-RPGs, but enough people have recommended it that I decided to give it a shot.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 01:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Sega didn't make Bayonetta. They just published it. That's why it isn't bad.
Sega developed the PS3 port of the game and it has input on every single game that they publish.
has a woody
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
Sega developed the PS3 port of the game and it has input on every single game that they publish.
Yea, and the PS3 port was worse than the original. Sony had to help patch it because Sega can't program for shit

Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Yea, and the PS3 port was worse than the original. Sony had to help patch it because Sega can't program for shit
But they did develop it right? And they have input on most of the software they publish, it's irrelevant if you think it's good or bad.

Just look at Sega all star Racing by SUMO. Shenmue's Ryo wouldn't have been put there without Sega's blessing.
has a woody
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
Sega just did the shoddy porting job. They took Platinum Games' code and totally botched it on the PS3, which doesn't even make sense considering the PS3 is the stronger console.[/Microshock] They didn't actually develop it. At all. They might have okayed a few things here or there, but the core creative team and all the people that really matter in the game's development are from Platinum Games.

Exhibit B: Dimps developed the PS2/Wii versions of Unleashed, which were better than the PS3/360 versions both in terms of programming and design.
Exhibit C: Pretty much every Sonic game up to 2006 has the same abysmal loading problems as Bayonetta pre-patch.

Sega's a fucking shitty developer. Decent publisher, but can't program or design for shit these days. And no one gives a fuck about Shenmue except all three people who played those boring-ass games.

EDIT: I forgot about SegaWOW. They're pretty good, but I think actually started as a separate company anyways.

Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM       
Quote:
Sega just did the shoddy porting job. They took Platinum Games' code and crammed it on the PS3. They didn't actually develop it.
I don't know what else to tell ya Phoenix. They are down as the developer for PS3 version of Bayonetta and like I've been saying, they have input (effect the final product) of every single game they publish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayonetta

Quote:
At all. They might have okayed a few things here or there, but the core creative team and all the people that really matter in the game's development are from Platinum Games.

Sega's a fucking shitty developer. Decent publisher, but can't program or design for shit these days. And no one gives a fuck about Shenmue except all three people who played those boring-ass games.

EDIT: I forgot about SegaWOW. They're pretty good, but I think actually started as a separate company anyways.
lol,

I'm not defending Sega. I'm just saying that they still develop software (Bayonetta PS3 edition) and they have input on the final designs of every game that they publish. They work very closely with their developers. They supervise them and have a say on what needs to be done and how the finished product should look.
has a woody
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:40 PM       
Right. They took Platinum's 360 code, since it was originally planned as an exclusive, and converted it to the PS3. Technically, sure, they handled the code of the game. They didn't design it, though. The content is still the same, just lower quality.

It's like if I wrote a book and you published it as a hardcover with these really fancy pages, and you took that and printed it on smaller pages as a paperback. You didn't write my book, you just formatted it differently.

Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 02:55 PM       
Quote:
Right. They took Platinum's 360 code, since it was originally planned as an exclusive, and converted it to the PS3. Technically, sure, they handled the code of the game. They didn't design it, though. The content is still the same, just lower quality.

It's like if I wrote a book and you published it as a hardcover with these really fancy pages, and you took that and printed it on smaller pages as a paperback. You didn't write my book, you just formatted it differently.
I understand your point but Sega and Platinum jointly developed the game. Hence why it says "Developed PS3 Port" and on top of that in Bayonetta there are all kinds of different things put in the game to make it more Sega-ish.

the issue is that they publishing is not just putting crap in a box and slapping the Sega logo on it. They have more involvment with their products then that. And I'm not just talking about Sega....other publishers are the same way....Sega has just gotten lucky as of late with a few great games. I hope they keep coming out with good stuff because as I said above, I can't stand it when they harp on the Sonic mascot.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:00 PM       
Pardon me, but I have more faith in developers than publishers when it comes to betting on whether a game will be good or not.