Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 25th, 2013, 11:53 PM       
I would do it but I'm horrible with faces.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 08:03 PM       
I need to get airdry because I dont have a kiln. I wonder if this would work:

http://www.amazon.com/AMACO--Pound-M...words=red+clay

:artchat
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 09:01 PM       
when the forums pick back up again I'll care about where I post things.

When I googled how to make chia pets yesterday, all I found was potatoes and nylons

I'm pretty sure by 90 percent that it's terracotta and hollowed out. Never had a chia product though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM       
Oh man, I can however sculp a penis with chia balls.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 10:11 PM       
Yeah, I think it's just hollow terracotta.

I remember when Pub was giving me a hard time for back-to-back posting. Back in the day. When people posted.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 10:58 PM       
I miss pub and his hardness
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM       
(not to break things up here, but...)

exorcist 3-not bad, a little goofy at times though
a damn sight better than 2
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 02:47 PM       
They mad a 2nd and 3rd? I'd rather see Repossessed made into sequels.

I think I used to get mad at Duke because he only posted the names of movies he watched and never anything about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Hail Duke View Post
mad max 2
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM       
Exorcist 2 has one of the best jump scares in any film.

Unrelated, the mast movie I watched was Ted, it was fun.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:18 AM       
Insidious 1 and 2, I had to rewatch 1 because I forgot how it went. Second time around I remembered why it was so forgettable. Part 2 had a plot twist! Weeeeeee and they set it up for part 3. Just call it Ghostbusters and be done with it. :/
aint nobody

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post

I think I used to get mad at Duke because he only posted the names of movies he watched and never anything about them.
i can't really review for shit, i'm no armond white that's for sure
that and i didn't bother to read the rules, if there are any
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM       
we make them up as we go
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM       
Despicable Me 2 was alright, I like 1 better.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM       
I saw 2 in the theater with my kid and all the kids were basically "MEH" until minions showed up again, that was all any of them cared about.

Like, loud vocal "MEH".
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM       
I think 1 is all around better because it didn't favor any one character. 2 let's every character dance in the spotlight for a few minutes.

BRII is a little to long and it is suffering from lack of Beat Takeshi.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM       
Bad Grandpa was fun every 4th skit or so. Inappropriate Movie is lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 11:09 PM       
to live - i like zhang yimou filmz.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 12:48 AM       
I just watched Lovelace, the biopic of Linda Lovelace that has Amanda Seyfried in the title role. I'm interested in the whole Linda Lovelace thing, and I have a copy of Ordeal. I've watched Inside Deep Throat and sort of have a general grasp on the story as she and the directors/producers presented it.

I didn't know if I was going to go into this movie loving or hating it, because reviews were not great at all. And really I kind of ended up doing a little of both. I did not expect to have this movie in my head after I stopped watching it, but here we are. So let me try to sort it out.

- Whoever captured the ugly 60s-70s aesthetic so fucking perfectly, kudos. They matched EVERYTHING. Everyone was ugly, everything was ugly, the decor was exactly as horrible as I remember the decor of the era being. They even matched the tone of the film to a 70s-era production. It was absolutely brilliant.

-The Amanda Seyfried casting started out sketchy, but she kind of grew on you. She really did have a lot of the Linda Lovelace mannerisms down and all that remained distracting was the hair. It just didn't look right.

- The rest of the cast was so big-name and bizarre in the given situation that it was sort of fascinating to watch. Who wouldn't pause to stare at the girl from Big Love sucking off the guy from The OC while Hank Azaria watches in ridiculous high-water pants? Sharon Stone is damn near unrecognizable. I do have to admit, though, I did not realize that Peter Sarsgaard was playing the role of Linda's husband until I looked it up. I swear to you I thought it was Pauly Shore.

-There was a big controversy when Ordeal came out that Linda was really sort of candy-coating her involvement in the whole thing and painting herself as a bigger victim than she really was. If you believe Ordeal, she was 100% innocent. If you believe Inside Deep Throat, she wasn't completely innocent and sort of tripped through things in a happy, dippy way, doing as she was told. And some of the interviews in that really don't make her look like too much of an intellectual, so maybe there's something to that. But as the movie went through its first half, it seemed to REALLY gloss over everything. And just as you were thinking that maybe they were really dicking you over on the truth, they start the second half with her in a polygraph set and go over the whole thing again, but with more ugly. And it's a lot more believable that time.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:31 AM       
Get The Gringo. This was a really well done and entertaining flick with plenty of action and dark humor that only like 10 people saw because the Mel Gibson boycott is still in effect, I guess.

I miss darkvare
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 02:32 PM       
howling iv - better than the first two. not as good as the third. don't get me wrong, it's an awful movie... but it's wholly entertaining and gets shit on too much on the internet.

especially when compared to something like
prom night - fuck this stupid movie.

trancers - again, entertaining throughout!

shinobi no mono 2 - ninja movie ya
aint nobody

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
prom night - fuck this stupid movie.
which one?
aint nobody

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:02 AM       
the machinist-fuckin' weird, but good
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:56 AM       
the first one. i'll probably give the second one a chance for some reason.

i don't like slashers, really.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 11:14 PM       
Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2 is one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Not a slasher at all.
Possession, demon rocking horse, Michael Ironside, and drowning in a chalkboard!
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM       
all right, i'll definitely watch it then. that sounds much more my speed than "adult high schoolers killed by obvious SECRET KILLER"

last night i watched brazil. big disappointment. apparently i didn't "get it."