Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
dextire dextire is offline
Cranberry Everything
dextire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 12:24 AM       
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
For all you people that have a special prize for best costume. How do you know? What if the first one is really great but all the other ones are crap? HOW CAN YOU EVER BE SURE?
Haha, I never thought about that. I've been doing it for four years now and there's always been one costume (and so far, only one) that stood out as the best.

If I were to run into a situation where two kids had the "best" costume, I'd just give the second one an extra pile of candy.
In fact, that's probably what the first winner really wanted anyway.
Reply With Quote
Mockery Mockery is offline
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 06:11 PM       
Finally finished my big annual review of Halloween candies!

Talent, vigor, drive...
You'll eat peanut butter the rest of your life.
Reply With Quote
Kitsa Kitsa is offline
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: curator of the WTFbus museum
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM       
I've been to two trick or treating events so far (Thursday, Saturday) and I'm noticing a definite theme with the candy. It's all been the cheapo stuff -- dum-dum pops and smarties -- almost exclusively. In the entire haul, I would estimate that a good 80% of it was dum dums and smarties. The remaining 20% was mostly 3-inch twizzlers, those packets of 2 sweetarts, and the itty-bitty (1/3 the size of "fun size") candy bars. My kid got one mini pack of M&Ms, one reese's cup, one package of McDonald's cookies, and a bag stuffed full of ads and useless coupons and other nonsense. What kid is going to give a rat's ass about "20% off all shoe purchases over $150 before November 2nd"?

One lady gives out dum-dums every year, but I give her credit...she wraps each one in a white paper napkin, ties it with an orange, black or purple yarn bow, and draws a little face on it. I have no idea how long it must have taken her but she had a large box full of hundreds of little lollipop-ghosts.

But screw those jerks who list their store on the trick-or-treating map and then just give the kids an ad stuffed in their buckets
Reply With Quote
Lone Wanderer Lone Wanderer is offline
Lone Wanderer's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM       
I won a "gummy brain" a year ago as a prize in a zombie costume contest. Same brand as the heart that Rog has. Haven't opened it up yet.

Anybody try one of those two-headed gummy snakes from a few years back?
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.

© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.