Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM       
Apart from the character-we-do-not-talk-about and Anakin Skywalker - Boy-Idiot-Miracle, I must say...I can enjoy the movie...more or less...still the weakest of the three IŽd say...even though I hate Anakin in all three movies...hmm. A well, at least some of the Lightsaber-Duels were nice.
Forum Virgin
mr_evilmonkey is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 09:34 AM       
My big bitch was Darth Maul being slashed in half by a frigging apprentice/padawan. Maybe Liam Neeson said he would do this one if they promise to kill him so he would'nt be in the next ones.
Forum Virgin
RagnarokAngel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 09:43 AM       
I have to object to #1. I don't know if you'll see it but the "Rule of Two" was not a lucas creation and in fact is part of the expanded universe (novels etc.). It was created thousands of years before because the Sith aren't quite as agreeable as the Jedi, so there would be a constant power struggle as to who "led" them. As a result Darth Bane put forth the rule of two, that there'd only be a Master and Apprentice. They could have thousands of lackeys who were Force users (and in fact they often did) but they were not true Sith Lords.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM       
What I don't understand is why everyone says they hate these movies, but I'm pretty sure we all own copies of them. I bought this one the night it came out. It was the collectors VHS pack, because I didn't have a DVD player yet...then I had to buy it on DVD.

So just to add it up I've spent about $60 just to see this polished turd.
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:45 AM       
I managed to purposely avoid every commercial and piece of promo art for this movie prior to its release. I wanted to go into the theater with a completely blank slate: I didn't know what the characters would look like or what the story would be about (besides it being Anakin's background). When friends brought it up, I excused myself. Man, what a let down. I've never put so much effort into avoiding spoilers since.
is hopped up on goofballs
rizzo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM       
"What I don't understand is why everyone says they hate these movies, but I'm pretty sure we all own copies of them. I bought this one the night it came out. It was the collectors VHS pack, because I didn't have a DVD player yet...then I had to buy it on DVD."
Nope, haven't paid a dime to Lucas since he trashed the OT and killed Chewbacca. This from a man who bought every bit of Star Wars junk he could get his hands on prior to that.
なにをみてんだよ
BakaGaijin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:21 AM       
If you have BitTorrent, I suggest downloading a copy of "The Phantom Edit" or "The Phantom Re-Edit 1.1" (I prefer the re-edit, it's a little longer and tighter). Some people re-edited the movie so it's a little more palatable: less Jar-Jar! no mention of midichlorians! etc! They're much better movies, but it's still just putting glitter on shit.

http://www.theforce.net/rouser/revie...tomre-edit.asp

http://www.theforce.net/rouser/reviews/phantomedit.asp
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM       
I guess that it was ridiculous too when my mom asked me to clean the toaster downstairs... Fortunately there were no bastards wearing orange cloaks around to think I was honoring it.
Jonny#5 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM       
Man, that spider chair is awesome. Add rocket launchers to it and you got an old school NES boss character. Now, to those that think Lucas got anything from the Expanded Universe, you're dead wrong. Lucas keeps contradicting the stuff from the books and his PR people keep saying that only the movies count as real Star Wars content (so Chewie lives and Boba Fett is as dead as cubism). I guess it makes sense, since he didn't have a hand in making those stories and he does own the I.P. but it's funny to think that they took the concept fanfiction and managed to make a buck off it. Actually, that's brilliant now that I think about it.
Master of Awesome Sauce!
Kirbykid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM       
You are right on the money when you say Qui-Gon Jinn and the Destroyer Droids were the best parts. But i have too admit, I use to like Jar-Jar!!!! Then I realized he sucked,and began worshiping the best character ever: Kit Fisto!
Forum Virgin

ther is n0 try is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM       
jonny#5, hate to sound like a freaky fanboy, but actually all the novels are lucas arts licensed and are considered "canon" meaning they are official stories and the information in them is treated as "reality" within the star wars universe. The rule of two was Darth Bane's creation because of all the sith lords fighting amongst each other and undermining the greater goal of the sith.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
I did the same thing as argonath to avoid everything I could far all 3 none the less....At least I know I'm not alone in my nerd-dom. I can't wait to tell my girlfriend that I'm not some spaz.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM       
I'll have to give props to rizzo for being of stronger will than I....kudos to you sir.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM       
I see a ton of hate for the "emo Anakin" with people saying, "Darth Vader would never whine like that". I get that you hate him, but ask yourself this; What would the adolescent father of a person who whines about Power Converters from Tashi station, a blast shield over his eyes, and Tatooine being the planet furthest from a bright center of the universe, sound like?

Seems to me "Emo Anakin" makes perfect sense as the apple didn't fall far from the tree :P
is hopped up on goofballs
rizzo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
"hate to sound like a freaky fanboy, but actually all the novels are lucas arts licensed and are considered "canon" meaning they are official stories and the information in them is treated as "reality" within the star wars universe. The rule of two was Darth Bane's creation because of all the sith lords fighting amongst each other and undermining the greater goal of the sith."

You're wrong and you're right. The EU is official and tightly controlled, but doesn't necessarily apply to the movie universe. For example, almost everything in the PT about the Clone Wars directly contradicts the CW's as described in the EU, yet it still had to be Lucas approved to make it into the EU. That's yet another thing that pissed me off about the PT; the Clone Wars, even just the bits and pieces that were mentioned in the EU, seemed much cooler than they were shown to be in the PT.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Who View Post

Thing I hated:
Why the name all that is fucking holy could Qui-Gon and Obi Won not tell that Padme was the real queen and the queen was her freaking decoy?! These are guys who, when a wookie farts halfway across the galaxy, feel a "great disturbance in the force". They are mindreaders, goddammit! Figure it out!

Qui-Gon knew- better to boss her around- he even baits her into revealing herself, but she's too stubborn to give up her tatooine adventure.

best deleted scene- tuskens sniping scavenging jawas
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM       
THE BEST THING ABOUT JARJAR- ewoks haver never looked cooler.
Freak Power
Fear N Loathing is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM       
Lucas is possibly the single greatest money-whore in Hollywoods long existance... First it was the "Star Wars Boxed Set" then the "Star Wars New Previously Unreleased Box Set" then on and on and on ad nauseum to the point now where he's preparing to whore out the Clone Wars as a new and improved series on TV... when will it end? ...the...Horror...the...Horror.....
Fake Shemp
Ferrit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
Fear N Loathing - it'll only end when us saps stop buying every single re-issue that is released...

Now excuse me whilst I head out and buy the latest uber special boxed collectors directors elite limited edition Evil Dead tribute set....again....
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Yes, another list. And it's one of the long-awaited Star Wars Prequel ones to boot. Score.

I remember when I saw this back in... whenever it came out ('99, right? Think so, I was 9 at the time), I enjoyed it. It entertained me, I liked most of the battles, and so on and so forth. Of course, I also remember that my knowledge of Star Wars in general was quite limited (sure, I had watched them time and time again, but I didn't really 'get' them. I didn't get into the whole mythology and such), so such enjoyment could be expected.

I also remember that, even as a 9 year old, the Gungangs still bugged the hell out of me. I mean, I'd take another Ewok apperance as opposed to more of those easily-killable frog things (at least the monster fish down in the ocean were really cool).
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM       
My biggest problem was Darth Maul.

The whole summer, there was all the hype about Darth Maul being the new bad-ass villain of the Star Wars universe, but in the actual movie, he only appeared for like 2 seconds, and all he did was suck and die!

I gotta say, the insane amount of hype made for a fun summer, this was like the only movie where all the hype and cross-promotions were better than the actual movie.
Forum Virgin
MogGuy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM       
You gotta love how the decoy pretty much makes Padme her bitch until the "big" reveal.
Can't touch this
El Sammo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:14 PM       
Why the Ewok hate? I love those little fuckers. I have an Ewok plushy. Though it'll become a Moogle if I can find another Beanie Baby dragon... But come on, those little bear thingys defeated the Empire with ROCKS AND STICKS. If there should be hate directed anywhere, it should be at the dumbass Stormtroopers that got defeated by ROCKS AND STICKS.
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 12:08 AM       
Actually, I don't own any of the movies either. Just never been that much into them.

And as for Darth Bane, being a gamer geek, I can't help but giggle every time I hear his name. It just *sounds* fanfictionish, like someone took Vader and the Lord of darkness, evil, etc etc, and threw them together because they were two favorite villains.
Forum Virgin
Flashman is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:58 AM       
PM would of been better if there had been a massacre of gungans.Wish they had killed Wato or how ever you spell it, he was freaking annoying.