Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:30 AM        The new Terminator movie
Looks surprisingly good. I don't get why there's suddenly a Cylon "I didn't know I was a robot!" quality to them when they're supposed to be the first versions and all previous Human models acted incredibly robotic, but aside from that, looks really entertaining.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:36 AM       
I just watched a 2 min long trailer today. I should be enertaining, I don't think there is gonna be a whole lot of action though.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:42 AM       
Looked like there was a lot of action to me
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:48 AM       
What I always wondered about the Terminator series is that if SkyNET could create robots with living tissue covering them, and create a time machine, how come it couldn't just make some sort of supervirus to kill off the remaining humans? That will probably end up being a plot element somewhere in 4 or 5 I'm sure.
Escape will make me god.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Looked like there was a lot of action to me
Trailers always look like that. Transformers for example. I just get the feeling that a lot of storyline is involved. Oh and I read this today.

"Bale told McG that if he could refine the script to the point where it could be read on stage without any special effects and still be a compelling story, he would agree to star in it."
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:20 AM       
I think it'll have more action sequences than any of the first 3.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:29 AM       
That's a stretch. T2 is one of the greatest action movies ever.

Oozes machismo
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:49 AM       
Let me rephrase, I hope it'll have more action sequences than any of the first 3.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM       
The best thing is Arnold isn't actually going to be in it.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:57 PM       
I wouldn't say that's the best thing.
in training
electric ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 02:59 AM       
But it is a good thing, at least
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 03:29 AM       
sez you
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 04:07 AM       
Yeah, he totally ruined the first three
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:49 AM       
Correction - he totally ruined number three. He's too friggin' old and out of shape to play that character any more. Without looking like a robot he's just a really poor actor.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM       
Number three ruined number three, if you consider it a bad movie. Which I should've figured the refined, Julliard trained, AFI certified film buffs around here would. And if his face/voice is in it (as has been rumored) then he's still portraying the Terminator character. All the best action stars are bad actors, anyway, or at least one-dimensional. I don't know what kind of art house action movie you'd expect, but don't hold your breath for Sean Penn or Johnny Depp playing the T-800.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 08:31 AM       
Exactly they're all rather poor at acting but at least Segal, Lundgren, Stallone etc. are still in shape. The only thing arnie had going for him was his robot-like appearane and now he's lost that he's just another bad actor.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 08:42 AM       
Just another bad actor? Actually, he's just another governor of California. Round is Steven Segal's shape. The last movie Lundgren starred in that got any attention was Universal Soldier about 15 or more years ago. I digress...

I'd blame a dozen people behind the scenes for the things I don't like about T3 before I even thought about saying Arnie was too old for it; I seriously doubt anyone around here has any room to talk about physiques, especially since Arnold was still ripped in Rise of the Machines.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM       
I dunno what I think of this one. To me, one big element of the Terminator series was the fate element. Sara, John, and the various Terminators knew what the future was, so they try to change it somehow. There's the whole "no fate" thing, but there's also the Terminator saying that Judgement Day can't be changed, only stalled. Now that Judgement Day's happened, I don't see how there can still be that element of fighting the future.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
in training
electric ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 01:39 AM       
You can have a Terminator from the end of the war go back and try to kill John Conner at the begining of the war. Then you have the future fighting the even-more-into-the-future.
How's that fighting the future for 'ya!
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 01:52 AM       
Ninja please!
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM       
How bought just have the movie as the war itself without anyone being sent back through time. They've been talking been talking about this war for 3 films now. It's time to show the damn war. BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if they made a Terminator movie where SkyNet sent robots into the future to rebuild itself incase it was defeated. You know when they'd least suspect it? Like in the year 2100?
Escape will make me god.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM       
Some theories say that you can't go forward in time, only back. So if you traveled back in time, there is no hope for you going back to the future and you live in a loop.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 05:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Correction - he totally ruined number three. He's too friggin' old and out of shape to play that character any more. Without looking like a robot he's just a really poor actor.
He's got the Terminator role to a science. Hell, he's got stoic, unemotive mosnter to a science.

j/k fuck them
The Wolf
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Some theories say that you can't go forward in time, only back. So if you traveled back in time, there is no hope for you going back to the future and you live in a loop.
That goes well with the theory that "hell is repetition."

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM       
I was thinking about that too! It would be total hell to be stuck in a Ground Hogs day scenario.