Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 02:03 PM        Help with port forwarding
Long story short: My friend needs to forward a port. To do this with a Linksys router, she needs to get into http://192.168.1.1/

Problem is the connection times out when she tries that. I had her reset the router, but that didn't help.

So how can she get access to her Linksys setup?
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:43 PM       
What OS? It's most likely firewall software blocking you from accessing the configuration. If she has pop-up blockers, disable them too. Open up a command prompt and type:

ping www.yahoo.com

If you get 4 replies, the connection to the router is ok, and something on her system is blocking you from accessing the configuration page. Try from another computer if you can't disable the firewall/pop-up/etc. on that PC.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM       
If she's got SP2 installed, chances are the Windows Firewall is being gay. Turn it off, because you really don't need it if you have a router.

Plus it sucks.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM       
Well, http://192.168.1.1/ doesn't work for her, but http://192.168.0.1/ does. She uses Comcast for her ISP, and that second link takes her to Comcast Home Networking. Only problem is, we can't find out the information for her to log in with.

I told her it's out of our hands now, and she'll probably have to call her ISP regarding the issue.
rockets redglare is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:24 PM       
192.168.0.1 sounds like its the modem's configuration page. You could always try a tracert to see if the router's address was changed.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:41 PM       
Find out what her IP address is. It's probably 192.168.1.something. Unplug the modem from the router, then try to ping 192.168.1.1. If that works, try and access its configuration page in the web browser. If you get the same error as before, it's still a firewall issue.