Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM        "Islam: What the West Needs to Know"
http://www.whatthewestneedstoknow.com/

So I went and saw this documentary over the weekend. As far as its entertainment value goes, it was absolutely dreadful. It was 90+ minutes of five talking heads, along with a few quotes from the Koran and the Hadith (read by a guy doing like the "year 2000" bit from Conan).

I also found myself playing Devil's advocate far too often while watching. Every time they'd talk about how Islam is inherently this or that, I'd think "well, the Bible says this", or something like that. They also failed to ever address the relativist argument, which I feel is the most common counter to this kind of argument.

The film did however make some controversial points:

* Mohammed himself was very violent, and if he is the "perfect man", than he is a pretty rotten role model for the kids.

* They argued that many moderate muslims exist in the world, and to their own credit. But they question the existence of a moderate Islam, and argue that it's the Bin Laden's and Zarqawis of the world who are in fact carrying on the legacy of "true" Islam.

* The above mentioned argument cannot honestly be conducted, b/c once you try to argue the facts, you will undoubtedly be called a bigot and an Islamophobe....they argue.

Overall, it's worth checking out, but maybe as a rental.

If for some reason the link above still isn't working, go to www.jihadwatch.org. It's basically the same folks.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:07 PM       
yeah i've read a few books like that. The qkoranic quotes basicly boil down to that Mohamet was a warrior, a strategic minded leader, and an extremly superstitious anti-semite.

You get the Ayesha(sp?) quotes? lol 7 year old girl was taken off the see saw to marry him. That's from her hadith. She was playing on the see saw on the day of their marraige. I know it' just a cultural difference but it's still kinda funny. As she grew up he treated her very well and was easily his favorite and most beloved wife. She was also the only virgin he married, which brings to mind the joke about the 7 year old south carolina virgin.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM       
Do people even watch these political documentaries unless they're predisposed towards the films agenda? Who the hell would want to watch Al Gore prattle on about nature shit, unless you already care about nature shit to begin with.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect them to say anything that hasn't already been said about Islamic Imperialism...

I'm waiting for someone to make a film about this:

The Grand Mufti was Arafat's Uncle, the President of the World Islamic League, a founder of the Arab League, AND the head of the Hanzar SS division. Here he is meeting with Hitler in 1942. All a coincidence, I'm sure. Cough.

More photos here. http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Do people even watch these political documentaries unless they're predisposed towards the films agenda? Who the hell would want to watch Al Gore prattle on about nature shit, unless you already care about nature shit to begin with.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect them to say anything that hasn't already been said about Islamic Imperialism...

I'm waiting for someone to make a film about this:

The Grand Mufti was Arafat's Uncle, the President of the World Islamic League, a founder of the Arab League, AND the head of the Hanzar SS division. Here he is meeting with Hitler in 1942. All a coincidence, I'm sure. Cough.

More photos here. http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com/gallery/
WOW! that site is really interesting.

Check this, here he is in a recruitig poter for muslim nazis.

In the minutes of the meeting he denies the Jews are starting jobs in palestine and they outline plans to keep the jews from starting a state there.

the most interesting is the assasination of leaders merely for suggesting peace.

Even the assasination of Anwar Sedat being carried out by Islamic Jihad which is a sect of Hizballah

Arafat claiming to be soldier of this grand mufti and distributing Mein Kempf in the palestne region translated into the native language.

lol, i just read the part where Sadam married his step sister/first cousin.
-GROG- is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM       
MUSLIM NAZIS????!!!!