Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 11:34 PM       
Flyers beat the Devils tonight; ABOUT GOD DAMNED TIME, TOO!!!
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:57 AM       
Blue Jackets are getting a tad cocky. I keep getting emails reminding me to "Carry the Flag!" and buy tickets to their playoff games.

The bf is unimpressed, because he is under the mistaken assumption that just about every NHL team is in the playoffs and only one or two get left out. In reality...what, 14 get left out? Something like that.

Either way, the Blue Jackets haven't done this well in pretty much ever, and they're in love with Mason and Vermette. I mean, really, really, really in love with them. You should see the Blue Jackets fan stores.

And then there was this Leclaire interview to make me, one of his devoted Ohio fans, feel very much like a pile of chopped liver.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 12:12 PM       
Yeah, I noticed they lost 2 to the Blues, who are chasing them for position. Lurking in the wings are Anaheim, Edmonton and Mooooonesota. If they're not careful they'll be watching from the cheap seats again this year.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:27 PM       
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...ueJackets.html

This particular site isn't being as kind to the Blues. I can't keep track of all the Masons at Jackets-Blues games.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
I think Sabres are out this year......again

Have to win the next 3 games and Panthers/Rangers both have to lose their last 3 games without even going into OT.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM       
I can feel my annual anxiety coming over me as the rangers slip furthur out of contention...3 games, 2 teams. As long as they win two they can stay in the playoffs. How's everyone else doing with the last few games approaching?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM       
The Wild have about a 1% chance of getting in. I blame it all on Marion Gaborik. Idiot misses a large portion of the season and if he was playing most of the season, Minnesota is a play-off team. Good riddance to him as he probably won't be coming back. Pussy!
Forum Virgin
paranoid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 10:14 PM       
the habs are sucking now since they lost schneider and markov. I think even if they make the playoffs they're pretty much screwed.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 05:22 AM       
Even though the Flyboys have sucked the last few weeks, they managed to beat the Panthers to get into the playoffs. I expect a "one-and-done" performance this year. Best not to hope for too much with this team.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM       
Blue Jackets' chances of being in the playoffs are now up to 99.2%. I'm sure they don't know what the hell to do with themselves. I have no idea how they'll do once they're there, but I'm sure this means I can look forward to higher ticket prices and a bunch of idiot fair-weather fans next year.

The Rangers were featured on Puck Daddy's Playoff Deathwatch.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM       
I'm really happy that Hitchcock is getting his team into the playoffs, I always hated the flyers but there was always something I liked about him.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM       
I always call him Eeyore. He sounds like Eeyore to me in all the interviews and post-game commentary, or at least he used to before the playoff stuff. Now he's a little more upbeat. But it used to be, "We played badly." ( ) "We just need to play better." ( ) "There's no excuse for how we did." ( )

However, my favorite postgame activity is what I call Question Time With The Fucknuts In The Lobby. They stick Jim Day out at a desk in one of the mezzanines of Nationwide Arena and some goofball deer-in-the-headlights fan (or a drunk fan from one of the affiliated bars) asks a question. The questions are sometimes good but frequently inane ("What's a hat trick?" "What's an enforcer?") and usually good for a laugh.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Blue Jackets' chances of being in the playoffs are now up to 99.2%. I'm sure they don't know what the hell to do with themselves. I have no idea how they'll do once they're there, but I'm sure this means I can look forward to higher ticket prices and a bunch of idiot fair-weather fans next year.
Oh, yes. "BJ's All the WAY!"

We get that in Philadelphia all the time. Fans here get "All Flyered Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I always call [Hitch] Eeyore.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 12:16 PM       
Since we have the "baby pens" up here in Northeast PA the influx of Pens fans has surged out of control. I didn't mind when everyone her was predominantly flyer fans (being at the top of the turnpike). But these pens fans think they shit gold.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 01:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
But these pens fans think they shit gold.
Wait 'til they get BOUNCED in the first round by the Devils!

Cindy will shed a tear ... :'(
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 01:19 AM       
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/ <-- lolz

" April 08, 2009 By: DP Category: Columbus Blue Jackets
Full write up Thursday morning, but for those of you following the Jackets who may not have had the chance to watch, the Jackets earned their way into the playoffs with a 4-3 shootout win in Chicago Wednesday night. Fittingly, Rick Nash scored the Biggest Goal In Franchise History.
Huzzah!"
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM       
If they can hold onto the 6 seed, they have a decent chance of beating the Flames.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM       
I missed The Biggest Goal in Franchise History.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM       
Sabres beat on the Canes and won the game.

Philly didn't beat the Rangers last night so we're officially out of the runnings now.

I'm pretty sure bringing air horns into an arena is illegal except in North Carolina and Europe. Wow is it annoying. I'm planning on driving down to NC for the remainder of the Hurricanes games and blowing a louder airhorn to mess up their chants.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM       
The chants all sound the same anyway. They need to think up new ones.

It can be:

LET'S go JA-ckets

or

LET'S go SA-bres

or

LET'S go BLACK-hawks

need to get some originality up in this shit
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM       
We have "Let's go Sa-bres. Clap..clap....clap clap clap"

Our playoff chant is "Hooo....Haaaa....Sabres on the warpath. Hooo....Haaaaa.....Sabres on the warpath."
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM       
We don't have a playoff chant that I know of, not yet.

"WOOOO, this is weird, WOOOO, what the hell are we doing here, WOOOOOO, pray that Nash doesn't get hurt."
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 10:18 AM       

Pass out flyers before games with that on it.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM       
As expected, Wild coach Jacques Lemaire quit today. It's going to be weird seeing someone else coach that team as he's been the only coach we've ever had.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 03:32 AM       
I think they just beat Columbus.