Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:33 AM       
I think you're putting too much importance on having a DVD player in the console.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 08:28 PM       
The biggest thing is that Nintendo has much more powerful competition this time around. In the 80s, it only had fellow video game companies to compete with (Sega, SNK, etc.) But in the new millenium Nintendo the video game empire is taking on two of the biggest technological empires on the planet, "We Make Everything From TVs To Kitchen Sinks Now" Sony and "You Just Landed On Boardwalk With A Hotel" Microsoft. I think Nintendo realizes this, and is taking the initiative by hammering the only market they KNOW they can milk for all it's worth (The Children, Them Sugar Rushed Bastards That Gotta Catch Em All!) The stakes are much higher, and in my opinion it looks like Microsoft is already trying their Monopoly scheme again (In case you didn't know, Rare, the company behind the Donkey Kong games and Killer Instinct, was bought up by the Big Daddy Gates)

Of course, Nintendo has been the premiere name brand of video games and has more name value in the videogame market than Sony or Microsoft. But they're gaining.

Nintendo's BIGGEST hope is Japan, where reception to the Xbox was lackluster at best. If they can top the competition in Japan, there's still hope yet. Getting exclusivity for Resident Evil didn't hurt either, I suppose.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:55 PM       
I got rid of my X-box for a Game Cube, and in the few months that I've had it, I've gotten a lot more enjoyment out of it compared to the year that I had my X-box. Their exclusives are games that I simply can't go without playing (Metroid, Zelda, Resident Evil). In comparison, I thought Halo was totally overrated, Munch's Oddysee was lame, Dead Or Alive was only okay, and I can't even really think of any other games that I got a modicum of enjoyment from.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:58 PM       
I think Xbox only had two things going for it:
the built-in DVD (which some believe gives it an edge over Gamecube) and Microsoft itself. Gates is getting that "Buy out everyone" itch again (Rare being the latest victim)

Thank GOD Capcom refused. There were talks about Microsoft trying to acquire Capcom (Nintendo only has exclusivity over the RE series, not Capcom as a whole)
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM       
Quote:
NINTENDO IS GOOD YESTERDAY AND TOMMOROW ITS NEVER GOOD TODAY
Well said. :weep
OxfordSparky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:48 PM       
Nintendo dicks its customers around too much. I remember the N64 days which saw some damn good games. Mario 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Jetforce Gemini, F-Zero X (which was really underrated if you ask me) and a bunch of others. Unfortunately, there were only around 10-20 really GREAT games for N64 (if that). Nowadays, the big N got rid of Rare (and I'm guessing burned some spoons deciding to do so) and there's really not a lot that I would want to play. I'll probably get a Cube some day just for all the games I'm mildly interested in (Mario, SSB, etc) and of course for Zelda. But Nintendo's practice of jerking you around for all your money is kind of ridiculous; with my PS2 I just buy the game, I don't need to buy the GBA, the GBA rendition of the game, the adapter cable, the e-reader, the dick smoker, and whatever the hell else they try to make me purchase just to gank more of my cash.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:48 AM       
ok thanks, I'll remember to ignore your opinion

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 06:37 PM       
He's right, man. Nintendo is still acting like it's in the '80s. If they put all that power from pushing people around into making some badass games, they would be giving Sony some competition. As it stands, they just stick out like a sore thumb by refusing to go to DVDs and such and marketing their old creations constantly.

And special 'events' like another Zelda/Metroid/Mario game. Give me a break.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 11:02 AM       
Do you own a Gamecube or a GBA?

Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM       
Well Nintendo must be doing something right, cuz I don't see any forums about what people think of PS2 or X-box. But what we really need to worry about is Sega. I heard there buying companys. And I think once they get enough third party support (like PS2 has now) There going to realise something like the Dreamcast 2. Then i'll have to buy another system.

Damn another 200-300 buxs I hope its worth it.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:58 PM       
Are you sure you heard right? I'd imagine that if Sega were planning on releasing a new console, you wouldn't be seeing Sonic on Gamecube like you do now.

BTW That was something that really blew my fucking mind. Aside of course from an old ROM I had with Sonic on the SNES. That HAS to be a hack.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:13 PM       
at this thread.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:27 PM       
to pushing up post counts with irrelevant crap.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:33 PM       
at skulhedface for being a whiney little faggot

You people should be ashamed . Nintendo has always given you what you wanted, and now you piss and moan. Bah ! Bah I say !
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM       
And no one knows whiny little faggots like someone who is keeping them tendencies to themselves, do they?

ANYHOO, yea, Nintendo gave me what I wanted. Until now. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT. Someone help Rongi pay for "Getting The Point" Classes.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:34 PM       
Skulhedface, I don't give a fuck about your opinion . Just sit in the corner and shut up while the adults talk .

What is wrong with kids today? If you want more from nintendo, whining will get you no where . Back in my day, we had the NES and where perfectly happy with it. Now you kids want everything multiplayer and onlines and 3D, bah . It's like you want to ruin classic games .

I hate children
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:00 PM       
"Somario" for nes was basically just mario in sonic's world doing exactly what sonic did but with bad graphics. I still have no idea where the fuck it came from.

That was very funny. Well done.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:10 PM       
"adults" he says. LMFAO

It's almost naptime Rongi :/
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
LMFAO
My god...do you really talk like that. I feel sorry for you

Zomboid, the whole somario thing was kinda like an experimentation basically.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 06:55 PM       
Nintendo is okay right now. They are barely making money, but at least have original names for systems. I don't think I'm interested in "Playstation 3" or "X-Box 2". I read in a magizine that Nintendo has a new system planned for 2005, beat PS3 and X-Box 2 by a year. Maybe that will boost them up. If they have a good system and better graphics than they have now they will win the battle of the systems. They need more games for adults and teenagers. Alot of these games are for kids.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 11:33 AM       
*BEEEP*

WRONG

custom user title

StRsCrEaM1090 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 11:19 PM        Concerning fatbabys crybabys and loligagers
Thread posters, keep your dick(s) in your pants. go play your whinny fatbaby bitch song somewhere else. skulhedface, have you been retarded all of your life? oxfordsparky, learn how to make lagitamate valid points that will actually contribute to the thread instead of degrade it. if nintendo flooded the market with all its "most wanted" wares, people wouldn't want them. nintendo is like a seasoned crack dealer that knows your hooked. so they are just gonna keep dangling that peice of crack over your head untill you say to yourself "self:i don't really like crack anyway, fuck crack, infact i hate crack so much i'm gonna bitch about it." but deep down inside what your really saying is "shit i really want that crack (new game) to come out soon. " so in closing i'd like to state my point. nintendo's marketing plan seems to me to be withhold what the customer wants most untill it is utterly perfect and they can't wait anymore for it. and then, when they've waited long enough spring it onto them. the longer you wait for something and the harder you desire it makes it all that much better when you finally do get.......am i right?

Scarlet Speedster is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 08:18 PM       
http://www.torchthebridge.com/reviews.php?id=1693

Thought this seemed relevent.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:41 PM       
Strscream or whatever: I'd like to say I agree with you, what with your Link user pic 'n all, but by the end of your post my IQ had dropped so many points that I couldn't understand a single point you were trying to make.

There's enough GREAT games for the Gamecube to keep you playing all the way through to the next console. And that's all you need. A great game comes out every month or so, we recently got both Metroid and Zelda, and we've had SSB, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Starfox Adventures and the new Mortal Kombat to name just a few off the top of my head.

I DO feel like the same games and game characters are being recycled a bit too much though, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The loss of Rare dealt a heavy blow too; Donkey Kong 64 was my second favorite game on the N64 next to Ocarina Of Time.

If I had the cash to waste, I might invest in another console to back myself up with, but constantly juggling between different systems for my games isn't gonna happen. Money doesn't grow on trees, and I can at least rely on Nintendo to supply me with classic game characters like Mario and Zelda that never seem to fail. Using the same formula can be a good thing.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 05:50 PM       
I must say, until recently I was really wanting to get a gcn but when I thought about the games I was looking forward to, I could only come up with about 3. One of the main reasons I'd be getting it is for the games that it will/might get, and that's not something I really like when it's gonna cost me over 250$ (I'm Canadian, and that's the price at places like wal-mart).

That was very funny. Well done.