Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
You saw them play the Mighty Duck Fucks?
I did see them play, though I can't say the same about the Ducks. Some guys showed up in Ducks uniforms. Though what they were doing could hardly be called playing since it was just the Jackets skating all over them.

But by the time the first period was over I had already seen 3 fights, another 2 fights broke out before the game finally ended. It was the most penalty filled game I have ever seen live or on TV
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 09:50 AM       
who, Boll? I didn't look to see who was playing.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 10:24 PM       
It's often Boll. I won't say usually because he's mellowed, but he used to be quite the shitstarter.
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
It's often Boll. I won't say usually because he's mellowed, but he used to be quite the shitstarter.
Derek Dorsett was involved in two of the fights.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM       
Mr. Kitsa said that he read an article today that, with only 2 wins so far, the Blue Jackets are now the worst team in the NHL. I haven't seen the article yet.

Makes me all the happier that one of the wins was against Detroit. Fuck Detroit.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM       
Could it be this?

It paints a sordid portrait of a floundering franchise. Not to say that's true, but it's how Scott Burnside seems to feel.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 12:47 AM       
That looks about right.

I don't know what happened to them recently. The 07-08 and 08-09 seasons were, I think, the best they ever played, and after the brief shining moment in the playoffs it all went to shit. They lean too heavily on Nash, I know that. Mason is a disaster. He got cocky early, threw embarrassing hissies, and fizzled out fast. As the article says, no Garon to step in for him anymore.

The Blue Jackets were never really wildly popular (you'd never see people wearing Blue Jackets jerseys for the cachet, like you'd see people wearing Blackhawks or Red Wings jerseys), but they always had that little group of fans who were really hardcore, for whom the Jackets could just do no wrong. I used to look at the giant Blue Jackets store at the Tuttle Crossing mall and think, "Really?", but it was the hardcores that kept stuff like that going when no one else cared.

Now I'm seeing even the hardcores responding to their facebook updates, going "BLUE JACKETS SUCK" and "FIRE ARNIEL" and "WHO CARES IF THEY MOVE THE TEAM". When the hardcores are turning on them and telling them they don't give a shit anymore, it's really getting ugly.

To tell you the truth, I haven't sat down to watch an entire game yet so far this season. I've flipped past once or twice, said meh, continued about my business.

idk how to fix the many, many things wrong with that team, though.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM       
ACHIMP ITS GO TIME TONIGHT
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM       
This game its fucking nerve wracking
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
Yeah

Can't believe we blew a 2-0 lead. Again. Too many stupid penalties.
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
PS

If Columbus is done with their team, Winnipeg could totally use a second one for a few years at least.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM       
No way, you don't get two.
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 10:34 PM       
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 02:28 AM       
That whole game was ridiculous as shit
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 09:10 AM       
If I ever get back to the Tuttle Crossing Mall (it's on the other side of Columbus, in Dublin, and harder for me to get to), I'll take a picture of the Blue Jackets store. I understand it's moved to an even bigger, "better" location from the last time I was there. It's enormous, wood floors, racks and racks of ridiculously expensive clothes (I looked for a baby jersey when my daughter was born, and they were like $75), giant-screen TVs playing old games, big display cases of game sticks and pads and pucks and helmets and jerseys. I'm a fan and I was still going, "Really?"
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM       
Watched the Jets - Blue Jackets game (in which we played like shit). Tons of empty seats, and the boards were advertising "6 game packs starting at $99."

Do you get free t-shirts and hot dogs for the kids with that? This is why hockey fails in non-traditional markets.

A "6-game pack" would cost like $500 in Winnipeg this season, if they existed.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM       
Yeah, those are Coyotes prices.
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM       
Take that, Philly! Again. :O
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM       
Apparently, they're intimidated by the Jets. How else can you explain coming out of the gate so damned flat? Twice.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM       
So riddle me this: If the Flyers can't get started on track in games with the Jets-North, how come they don't seem to have the same problem with the Jets-South?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM       
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 4th, 2011, 09:05 PM       
Old Jets are old. Phoenix was boo'ed every single time they touched the puck for the entire game last week.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 12:29 AM       
My ears are still ringing from that Boston game. Way louder than even Game One, especially after we got up 2-1 right off the face-off following the hit on Stuart from behind.