Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 03:21 AM        A Visit To Super Bear Arcade At Big Bear Lake
Automatically generated comment thread for A Visit To Super Bear Arcade At Big Bear Lake.
Forum Virgin
TipoDeemin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:21 AM       
Skeeball = win. I went home with many a flimsy Chinese finger trap and plastic spider ring as a result of my mad Skeeball skills.

Also... I must have that Dracula.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:24 AM       
they've got that "not sure if there's enough neon here" game and the "skiing tokens" game at my local laser tag/arcade place, but unfortunately the oldest arcade game they've got is Gunblade NY (1996), which also gets points by being the only game they have that only needs 1 token to play. I hope someone knifed the people who made graffiti on GORF
Greasy Bacon of Villany
porkboy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM       
It seems that the only arcade machines near me are either in the local movie theater or Mr Gatti's. The last time I saw an arcade in a mall, I didn't really have time to peruse, but it seemed to only cater to otaku and their insatiable bloodlust to destroy other pasty whities in DDR and derivative games. Otherwise there are hardly any cabinet games that aren't driving, guns or non-car vehicle games. And joint cabinets of Mrs. Pacman and Galaga cost 50 cents (at my college).

What's funny is that the Mr. Gatti's closed shop on one side of the street and opened on the other side with a bigger overall store, bigger game room, but most of the same damn games it had nearly 15 years ago when I first went to the particular Gatti's location, but hardly any new or additional games except a DDR knock-off with some sort of USB thumb drive capability. Not sure what the game was called and I'm probably not going to Gatti's anytime soon.
EchoCharlie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 09:46 AM       
That place looked ace. I'd be there all day if I went. I used to play the pinnies (pinball) Top Speed, Adams Family (good call, great set up)and my favourite - Dr Who. Hands down the best pinball game ever made. EVER!
40 pound box of rape?
Creepy-critters is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:35 AM       
There's actually a spiffy arcade in a mall near me called "Sparkles". It's tucked away behind a store, but I swear that the neon lighting in that place would cause an epileptics head to explode
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:58 AM       
Wow what a glorious place. I can't read the one pin but im pretty sure it says "women want me, Fish fear me". some good stuff. I think I'm going to devote the rest of my summer to finding a place like that on the east coast.

I'm sure a little internet research at work and then use my vacation time, I can actually make it my job for like 5 weeks. I need to play tron, I'm also going to replace all of the handlebar grips on Paperboy.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM       
Those games are all played with your hands. THEY'RE FOR BABIES.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 11:29 AM       
I don't normally gush about an article, but this was a freaking awsome article. Not only does that arcade have both great Tron games, it has Berzerk! All it needs is Wizard of Wor, Wrestlefest, and Crime Fighters and it would be my dream arcade.

That said, this article also made me feel a little sad, because I remember a time when arcades with the beautiful selection that this one has were all over the place, and now they are not. Even the chain arcades that were part of a package of things, like Chuck-E-Cheese or Putt Putt were awsome then. The "arcades" these days, (Dave and Busters, Gameworks, and the others of similar vein) just do not compare.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
I think I'm going to cry. That place to me would be like heaven.

But on a lamer note, I have played Target: Terror. Imagine Area 51 minus the aliens...and more terrorists. Plus it takes like, five minutes to load a stage.
Exploding In...3...2...1
TheDoomThing is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM       
By the way, the "cyclops werewolf" was a LION LIGER cyclops werewolf!
なにをみてんだよ
BakaGaijin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM       
I found a place like this in Clearwater Florida called "The Arcade Museum" or something like that. There, you paid a flat per-hour fee and could play unlimited all day long. Of course, the ticket machines cost extra.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
They have a sit down version of road blasters here at the Lawton Airport, and, I kid you not, it is the only arcade item at the Lawton Airport.
Forum Virgin
Mr T L Wolf is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM       
That arcade is amazing. I haven't had that much fun in an arcade since I figured out exactly when to let a quarter go and win the jackpot in the Sonic the Hedgehog ticket game.
Roid Rager
CaTlaloc is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:09 PM       
RoG, Please take me to the top of Bear moutain to reach the Nirvana that is Super Bear Arcade. "Drag five of my friends"? Hell, I'll go for free and help pay for the gas. Serously...I live in Riverside, CA and could really use some of that good ol' time feeling that comes from playing a full cabinet of X-Men (I call dibs on Nightcrawler). Really nice place. On a other note, any place can be registered as a potential historical landmark in the US if it is older than 50 yrs and is of historical value. THis place appears to be both. So if you have the energy (and I don't). You can register the place with the National Historic Landmarks program.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 06:44 PM       
Inside the Vatican looked rather thin for a VHS box.
Location: The trouble with computers, of course, is that they are very sophisticated idiots.
Et tu is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
"including one of my all-time favorites
The Addams Family pinball machine"

That is also one of my favourites, together with "twilight zone", "pinbot", "Circus Voltaire" and "Elvira and the party monsters" 8)

Good article btw.
Forum Virgin
Lostmayhem is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM       
The guy who stocks our snack machine at work started stocking it with Pizzaria's pizza chips, I love them in, fact I'm eating them right now. The bag alone gives you a nice pizzeria feeling.
Haven't I met me before?
ThisGuyIKnow is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM       
I've went to Big Bear with my parents for the 4th of July every year since I was about 10. I still try to make it every 4th now that my parents have moved there permanently. About ten years ago, there used to be another arcade just around the corner from Super Bear. It was poorly lit, with wooden floors (bare plywood, no fancy hardwood), and the attendant sat in a cage giving you quarters for your cash (and making no attempt to hide his contempt for the customers). They had one or two pool tables, but no skee-ball. When I was younger, that one felt more 'grown-up' than the brightly lit Sugar Bear, so I usually spent more money there, but always tried to visit both.

I didn't make it to the Super Bear on my trip this year, but maybe when I visit for Thanksgiving I should check it out again.
Haven't I met me before?
ThisGuyIKnow is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
"I've went"??? Yeah, my English are good.
WHAM!
BigMac500 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
You know, I have yet to come across an arcade that DOESN'T have those stupid games where you shoot quarters, or drop them or other such nonsense.

Oh, and Creepy-critters:
That's my mall. Yep, I live damn well near right beside the place. Another thing you've got to know about Sparkles is that it has this fabled Addams Family pinball game inside! ROCK ON NOVA SCOTIA!
Cast "Summon Boat"
Rebel Without a Sauce is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
Not all bears are as friendly as the one in the title art.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/07/...3741215967487/

When will humanity learn that it's wrong to imprison wild animals... inside a country as crappy as Ukraine? WHEN!?
DarkfireTaimatsu is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:20 AM       
What, is Super Bear, like, the lost member of the Legion of Super Pets that somehow didn't get folded up in the first Crisis? =3
Copper is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:35 AM       
Heck, dibs on Dazzler for the X-Men game. I was bouncing up and down excited the first time I actually made it all the way through the game and got my name to the top score. I insisted my father check and see if I was still there when he went up to the mall next, but I think they powered down the machines at night, which, of course, put all the scores to default. I know I did it, though, and that made my day *laughs*
Forum Virgin
Viteh is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:42 AM       
The only games missing were Punch Out and Superman. But maybe they were left out on purpose, because if they put them in, the level of awesomeness in the place would be so huge that it would explode and leave a huge crater on Earth visible by the naked eye from outer space