Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM        LA For A Day
So in 2 weeks or so I'm going on a humanitarian aid trip through an organization known as VESA to the wonderful land of Fiji. But I'm pretty much set for that, so that's not what I'm here to discuss.
I'll be spending time in between flights in LA, approximately 10-ish hours difference on both the flight to and from Fiji. Obviously I planned that so I get to zoom around LA and tourist it up a bit. I'm traveling with a friend who has been there before and she's recommended a few places so I was wondering what you all thought, because a couple of you live there / near there.
Remember I've got limited time and limited transportation, so tourist junk that's clumped together would be good too.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:48 PM       
You landing in LAX or Burbank?
I hate this hacker crap!
Old May 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM       
LAX.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM       
There's not a whole lot to see near LAX, but you could always go visit Venice Beach which isn't too far from there. Lotta craziness on the boardwalk at Venice Beach, and if you keep going North, you can check out the big Santa Monica Pier (complete with arcade and amusement park). If you want to travel North-East of LAX, you can check out some cool stores such as Amoeba Music (biggest music & movies store in the country), La Luz De Jesus / Wacko (a crazy art, novelties, toys & books store), the Griffith Observatory, Mulholland Drive, etc.

Hope this helps!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:29 PM       
Would you be arriving on the weekend? If so, go to the beach. Everything else will eat your time like a vampire.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:13 PM       
Venice beach would probably be your best bet. It's fairly close, it's a beach, and it's got a lot of other crap to look at.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:18 PM       
You guys ever go into the freak show thing?

http://atlasobscura.com/place/venice-beach-freakshow

Plus Kahl says you can get Gyros there. Also take a pic with this guy.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2010, 06:55 PM       
speaking of which:

pretty sure thats the place :O
I hate this hacker crap!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM       
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look and discuss with the person I'm going with.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM       
If it's a girl, well I have other suggestions.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:44 PM       
TADAO THATS THE PLACE WITH THE GYROS :O :O

YOU CAN GO THERE AND THINK ThAT I ATE THERE ON A GRASSY knOLL JUST IN FRONT OF THE STORES
ALSO I FED BIRDS. I THINK THEY ATE THE KIDNEY BEANS :O
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM       
I've found 3 places in L.A. for Gyros now. The best one so far is in a tiny place by the Glendale mall. Almost in possible to find. It's by 3 frogs spitting water. Any ways, the next time I go to Venice, I will eat there, but I'm saving room for the Greek festival this month.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2010, 07:35 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:21 PM       
I asked the gf what she would do if a friend landed for 10 hours in LA. She imediatly said Santa Monica 3rd street.