Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 02:58 PM       
You wanna talk about dead? Let's take a close look at Conservatism...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 02:59 PM       
"Conservatives have plenty of cause to abandon Bush"

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by conus
What does that mean? And what does it have to do with the Vice President of the United States being a war profiteer? I do understand that Eugene Debs is dead, but doesn't change the facts. Isaac Newton is dead too, but the laws of gravity still apply.
The attacks you mentioned are reminiscent of Old Left tactics. Most Americans would probably consider them either outlandishly liberal or based on conspiracy theories.

And Preech, neoconservatism did somewhat evolve out of the Old Left, what with Trotsky's influence and all, but they aren't the same thing.

conus is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 03:51 PM       
Quote:
The attacks you mentioned are reminiscent of Old Left tactics. Most Americans would probably consider them either outlandishly liberal or based on conspiracy theories.

On the contrary, the attacks I suggested--the style, at any rate-- are more closely reminiscent of Carl Rove. For weeks I've been saying they should learn from him and use his tactics.

As far as conspiracy theories go-- if by that you mean do I believe the elite would consciously persue their own class interests.... Sure. Who wouldn't? It's not exactly black helicopter theory. I don't think it sounds incredible to most Americans that people like the Vice President would use their influence to benefit themselves and their friends.
Mocker
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
You're missing the point. It's all based on the perception of the populace. In responce to the Rove comment, you should know that conservatives can get by with some things liberals can't, just like how liberals have a few aces up their sleeve.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 09:16 PM       
I for one have no idea where you are going with this.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 09:32 PM       
I'm guessing it has something to do with girls on the bus and the size of his penis.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:30 AM       
I think he's trying to tell us that liberals run a greater risk of seeming like complete whack jobs.

But that in itself is confusing enough.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 11:00 AM       
This comic was posted on Fark today. It made me LOL.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 11:46 PM       
Tonight's was another solid win for Kerry, definitely. The first half of the debate was just irritating to sit through while both candidates went through the same crap we've heard before and Bush spit out the stuff he was coached to say, but starting with the minimum wage question Bush was caught completely off-guard and started a habit that would last the night of talking about educational reform, which is a crazy thing for him of all people to fall back on. For the first time in the debates, Kerry straight-on answered every question given to him and brought to attention once when the President completely failed to answer (though the minimum wage question was by far the biggest dodge and went uncontested, though it didn't really have to be).

I think that Kerry promising a $7/hr minimum wage is going to get him a fuckload of votes. It was delicious irony to see Bush, leader of the campaign that smeared Kerry for not 'standing for anything,' not just say straight-up that he didn't think minimum wage should be raised, regardless of how unpopular it'd make him seem. So far Bush has outperformed Kerry in every error that he's been accused of.

I was under the impression that the firearm ban was for semi-automatics, not full-automatics such as AK47s. But hey, if it's good enough to fool the President, it's good enough for any of the yokels that would still vote for him after the thrashing he's received in these debates (The part with Kerry saying that he'd have threatened a fight when the ban began to dissolve was a nice touch). The only area in which Bush has 'out-performed' Kerry is in his ability for simple-minded, emotional people to relate to him. But really, the average citizen shouldn't be able to 'relate' to someone on a personal level if that person is going to be in the most major office in our country. It's a position that only a very few are eligible to hold, and ideally the only people that can really should be able to have an honest heart-to-heart with them would be those very same elites. It's nice to feel that you've got 'one of the boys' workin' hard for you in the white house, but that isn't really what's good for the country, just what appeals to simple peoples' emotions. If I wanted to level with a person with the mental faculties of a pig farmer, I'd go join 4H.
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM       
I went to a high school that had a special Life Skills department for retarded kids. Everytime they thought they did something right, they would get these big, retarded kid grins on their faces.

I saw that smile on Bush after every single answer he gave.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM       
Quote:
Being lectured by the president on fiscal responsibility is a little bit like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order in this country.
- Great line! Kerry's got my vote.
Mocker
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 07:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinxtk
I think he's trying to tell us that liberals run a greater risk of seeming like complete whack jobs.

But that in itself is confusing enough.
Sort of.

Think about it.

How many people are willing to believe the blood for oil and war profiteering claims?

How many people are willing to believe that Kerry has communist sympathies and hates Vietnam vets?

You be the judge.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 08:19 PM       
You don't deserve an avatar depicting the wearing of a bowtie.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 08:21 PM       
It's Murray Rothbard, the founder of modern anarcho-capitalism. If anyone deserves to have an avatar with him, it's me.

Stark is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 09:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
It's Murray Rothbard, the founder of modern anarcho-capitalism. If anyone deserves to have an avatar with him, it's me.
Let's ask mr. Rothbard what he thinks... he's dead you say?? Well let's ask anyway once he's done rolling like that.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 01:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
How many people are willing to believe the blood for oil and war profiteering claims?

How many people are willing to believe that Kerry has communist sympathies and hates Vietnam vets?

Well, let's see. One is an arguably valid claim that's been made for three years running, the other is almost completely transparent electioneering.

*HMMMMM*
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Ricky Glue is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:51 PM       
I think that Chojin had quite a number of good points about the election. I easily think that Kerry came out the victor and left Bush in the dust with his disproportioned face (especially his slanty mouth) Anyways, I just find that everytime Bush talks, my ears really hurt like a 92 kbps version of Carrot Top is screaming remotely uninteresting facts about "dialing down the center". Yeah..I'm done with that. :-)

What pokemon are YOU?