Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM        I-Mockery Pays A Visit To The Cabazon Dinosaurs! Claude Bell's Dinosaurs!
Automatically generated comment thread for I-Mockery Pays A Visit To The Cabazon Dinosaurs! Claude Bell's Dinosaurs!.
Forum Virgin
sebastiankirchoff93 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM       
It really is a fun place to visit. I unfortunately didn't go to the robotic dinosaur show because it was the middle of Summer and 115 and I didn't want to stand around outside anymore. I was really creeped out by the religious stuff in the dinosaur, and I think in retaliation, I will build a giant Jesus and sell evolution stuff inside of him.
Forum Virgin
puppetgeneral39 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM       
As a catholic born and raised I have never and will never understand my fellow Christian's blind hatred and fear of science. There's no reason you can't believe in both God and evolution, Pope John Paul 2nd even said as much.

(from beyond the graaaaave!)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 07:46 PM       
ARGH RELIGIONS STOP RUINING STUFF
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:18 PM       
Considering how much I loved dinosaurs as a kid, I think that a place like this would be the perfect spot for a nice weekend trip. I find it difficult to believe though, that children are more interested in other stuff on TV than dinosaurs these days.
Full of Country Goodness
GreenPeaness is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM       
I'm surprised at the lack of tie-in with Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Also, how giant of a moron do you have to be to own a DINOSAUR-themed roadside park and fill it with anti-evolution drivvle? Why not just go full retard and put a statue of Jesus riding on of the raptors?
BTW, I'm a Christian too. Raised Southern Baptist even. There's tons of room to reconcile your belief in the Bible with the process of evolution - Kirk Cameron not withstanding.
Forum Virgin
puppetgeneral39 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 09:45 PM       
Kirk Cameron's grasp of evolution extends to what Pat Robertson whispers to him at night.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM       
Pee-wee Herman just shared this article with all his fans on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/PeeweeHerman...23459484393963

And on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/peeweeherman/stat...65841586753537

Today has been a good day! Ranks right up there with the time I caught the ring he threw out into the crowd during the Pee-wee Herman show early last year!
Strange blob from beyond
caffman is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 04:47 AM       
Is it me or did the T rex also make an appearance in NOVAC in Fallout - New vegas?
Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM       
Today, RoG will be happier than a bird with a french fry. :3
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM       
The picture of you imitating the raptor is awesome.
You look so... uh, "special".
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffman View Post
Is it me or did the T rex also make an appearance in NOVAC in Fallout - New vegas?
it was probably inspired by that t-rex, but novac's up in nevada north of searchlight
Forgetable Cyborg
That Other Guy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM       
Pee-wee knows you exist! I would just flip right the eff out if one of my heroes noticed and approved of me!
I wonder where the next eccentric, "build crazy awesome stuff until you die" artist like Claude Bell is... Or what wacktastic junk he's making...
Forum Virgin
Potato. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 12:56 AM       
Umm, how can we forget the finale of the great Fred Savage classic, The Wizard?! He just wanted to see the dinosaurs again. "Caaalifooornia!"
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:43 AM       
puppetgeneral39:

The reason religious types fear science so much is due to fear of it unraveling their religion, and rightly so! If you apply science to any of the "facts" in ANY holy book it becomes apparent that it's all lies. Not just picking on the christians btw... this applies to all religions. Could something happen to your "soul" when you die? Sure! There's no way of disproving that. Is what happens something that's printed in a holy book? Unlikely, and even if it was it would be a concidence seeing as they are all made up. Religion = social engineering in primative times.

So you really need to pick a side, no offense, because if you look at religion scientifically absolutely none of it holds up.

So to answer your question in a shorter fashion, creationists believe as they do because science and religion can NOT co-exist. I mean not unless you are really willing to look the other way.

I'm not trying to stir things up btw, I'm just telling it like it is. You are welcome to believe anything you want, but someones beliefs will never get in the way of the factual universe and how things actually are.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 03:47 AM       
Now I feel bad for getting off topic....

The dinos themselves are amazing! Structurally they are an engineering marvel considering how they really should'nt be able to hold up. I plan on visiting them someday but I think I'll wait until they are bought out by new owners. ;-)
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM       
HowardC: Heheh, not all of the dinosaurs are able to hold up on their own. Case in point:

But yeah, it's pretty awesome that the super large ones have held up so well over the years. I just hope they last long enough for future generations to enjoy 'em, because they really are a must-see stop on any cross country road trip.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 09:04 AM       
I really hope I get a chance to see them for myself one day.
Forum Virgin
Goldenkitten01 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM       
That's just brilliant. And what's with all the evolution stuff? No matter what you believe how is a bloody exhibit about dinosaurs the place to put it?

One thing I was suprised by was that giant snake. Seems like a bad idea. Out west...where there are a bunch of gigantic snakes ready to eat your face as it is...give some old lady a heart attack. Ok, I take it back, that's a great place for a giant snake.
DarkfireTaimatsu is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 04:01 AM       
It's a shame there wasn't a Dromeceiomimus to go with those rexes and raptors.

Tanuki is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 09:54 PM       
I wonder how many complains they get a year about their creationist crap?