Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:10 PM        Scary Games
I don't want to ruin the Amnesia thread so here's one dedicated to scary games.

I found that interesting enough. I also mentioned that "The Dark Eye" creeped me the fuck out. Never played the Silent Hill games, but I'm working on getting them right now.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM       
I've heard the Fatal Frame ones are scariest, but I don't know. I scoffed at the Grudge flash game but was so traumatized by Ju-on that the croaking got me before I got very far.

If you go in the house you're dead anyway, them's the rules, so playing the game is pretty much pointless.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM       
I'd say clock tower but I don't know if you can go back and play it now. At the time forget about it though.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM       
I´m scared very easily since paranormal, non-physical stuff just gets to me. "Normal" Monsters or Demons don´t concern me that much, I fear what lurks in the shadows, what takes your sanity away and leaves you with only fear and screaming, alone and forgotten in the depths of your own mind where no one can hear you.

Of course it´s not that dramatic but I have a love-hate relationship with the horror-genre. I really, REALLY fear these things, even with almost 30 I still have trouble sleeping after specific horror-flicks, sometimes for days. I just fear the unknown, the unspoken...if that´s a word.

Anyway all that just serves to show you guys why I for the love of Hastur can´t really play Fatal Frame 3, the scariest game I know. It just gets in my head, it conjures up this atmosphere of aparent peace and safety in the parts where you are at home and everything is normal but then the horro begins to seep through the cracks of reality and into normal life. You hardly notice it at first but it gets more and more intense over time until you´re almost more scared of your own house in the game than the levels at night...

Maybe I´m just a giant pussy when it comes to that but I´ve been built with too much creativity and imagination so I´m much more...receptive to these things...even being alone in my parents house creeps me out and it´s just a normal 2 storey house....but there´s so many rooms I can´t see, there are so many possible...things that might lurk there...I know that sounds stupid and childish but I can´t help but feel that way. It´s gotten weaker as I got older but it´s still there.

Fuck, even writing about it kinda scares me now (1:18 in the morning here)
The good thing about being like that is I´ll one day write an excellent horror-novel

Sorry, I got really sidetracked there, but I felt it was a nice way to create some atmosphere in here (and it´s all true too), but yeah, to me Fatal Frame 3 is the scariest game but I haven´t played all of them, no Cryostasis, no Amnesia...
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 08:52 PM       
I PLAYED A SCARY GAME CALLED "CUM INSIDE OF HER WITH NO CONDOM ON AND SHE ISN'T ON BIRTHCONTROL, OH FUCK"

NO ONE WINS THAT GAME.

EXCEPT FOR YOU.

BECAUSE YOU GET TO CUM IN SOME BROAD.

BUT ONLY IF SHE DOESN'T GET PREGNANT.

THAT'S THE SCARY PART.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
WHAT IF THE GUY PLAYING IS SHOOTING BLANKS

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 10:35 PM       
THEN HE IS A FUCKING CHEATER.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 08:24 AM       
omg hax
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 08:53 AM       
dm has hax too.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 08:40 AM       
Yah you should get silent hill games, theyre not "boo" scary, but ambience scary ^.^

If you can stomach the PS1 grafix, start out with SH1, but if not, do SH2 first. I think it gets worser and worser SH3 onwards ^.^;
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM       
Eternal Darkness is cool in a creepy psychological sort of way sort of way.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM       
Yeah, I got SH1 and SH2. I can't play 1 because it looks like shit and plays worse on my computer. Kinda divided on playing 2 since combat on the keyboard is lame.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM       
I know you can get a wired xbox controller to work with pc games. Not sure how much they are though.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 06:01 PM       
Slaps is a pretty scary game because it hurts.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I know you can get a wired xbox controller to work with pc games. Not sure how much they are though.
I recently hooked my fight stick up to my PC its pretty cool.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 09:43 PM       
There are Mad Katz controllers for PC that are programmable to use the keyboard settings.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 06:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I recently hooked my fight stick up to my PC its pretty cool.
But is it as cool as the Resident Evil Chainsaw Controller?

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 10:11 PM       
No.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 01:14 PM       
That thing is awesome!
Forum Virgin
shekk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM       
i thought this thread was going to be about games such as

light as a feather, stiff as a board

facts are useless things -reagan
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 06:32 PM       
If it's a game and it's scary than talk about it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 05:50 AM       
A GAME OF MUMBLETYPEG GONE HORRIBLY WROGN
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 06:22 PM       
Light as a feather stiff as a board never worked when I grew up.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 02:08 PM       
All three Thief games scared me pretty badly. In addition to the ever-present, oppressive vibe gained from being an intruder in every level, all three games have a point where you stop having to match wits with and hide from human opponents and move on to supernatural shit. Zombies, something like 5 different kinds of notzombies, ghosts, Eldritch beings, giant spiders, steampunk battle mechs with nightmare faces, the beastmen, etc. Thief 2 even had something resembling Cybermen from Doctor Who.

Deadly Shadows is particularly nasty, probably to make up for the levels being about 1/4th of the size as in the first two. In addition to the Shalebridge Cradle, easily the scariest level in any video game, ever, you've also got the ghost ship, the Hag, her statues, the Keeper Assassins, the Hammer Haunts and Zombies rendered with more than 5 polygons per model (note that they were still scary back then), and, well, did I mention the fucking Cradle?

I've only played through Deadly Shadows once, and I don't plan to do it ever again, in spite of how great it was, because I'd have to deal with the Puppets again. Fuck those things.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Oct 29th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 11:21 AM       
Hey bunnyman, if you got a ps3, Siren is also a pretty neat and scary game. Its set in japan and stuff.

Fatal frame series is good too, if you like photographing the spookies