Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 01:43 AM        parents playing video games
so I got Manhunt for Crimmus and my mom wants to try it out. I figure that it's really no big deal, she'll figure out how to squeak by on the game. well, when I went in to check on her a minute ago she couldn't understand why a thug saw her and beat the shit out of her. I calmly explained that it was because she literally saw him and walked right out in front of him, completely disregarding any chance for an execution...hell, she didn't even fight back. half the time she can't even distinguish her character from the guy beating her ass.

now she's out butchering Final Fantasy 7...this only enforces my belief that gamers are born, not bred.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 02:49 AM       
If you think that's weird, my parents aren't that good at video games outside of Pong but my grandparents can beat any Mario game with their arms tied behind their back. Figure that one out.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 03:12 AM       
My dad was always pretty into video games and so I actually had to wait to play the genesis or sega cd when I was a kid. He was better than me at racing games but I could school him in anything else.

That was very funny. Well done.
McWorld is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 03:52 AM       
Me and my Dad still play video games together especially Contra, the wierd thing though is that he holds the controller so he can use his fingers and not his thumbs
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 04:15 AM       
oi, that's what my mom tried to do when she was playing. no matter how many times I showed her, she always held the controller with the tips of her fingers and tried to press all the buttons with her index fingers.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 04:46 AM       
My parent's love any type of puzzle game that takes calculation and not nimble thumbs. Tetris, Dr. Mario, and such are favorites. They also played the hell outta IQ on the playstation.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 07:52 AM       
My mother never could see what the big deal was when we got the NES. Then one day after we got Bubble Bobble, she and my father were basically stumbling around half asleep for the entire day. Apparently they had stayed up and played it all night. And then we got Dr. Mario and she occupied the TV all the time.

The guy next door was so hooked on Tetris and Dr. Mario at the time that it was getting crazy. He neglected his housework and there were a couple of times when I was visiting and I was given a couple of cartridges and told to hide them at my house because he had promised his missus he wouldn't play them.
Ghost of Fraiser is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 08:31 AM       
Take it from me...