Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 07:29 AM       
You can kill plant 42 with the knife, as well.

As for tyrant, the Japs came up with a 'star pattern' to kill him with a knife. You stab him, then run past him at an angle, stab him, then run past him at an angle, etc; the pattern you make around him is something like a pentagram. And if you do it right, he can't turn quickly enough to hit you.

1st tyrant fight (Chris):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ScdeNHJLoqY

2nd tyrant fight (Chris):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=coP2dwZlpCI

Plant 42 fight (Chris):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e9M5-9kcugk

Plant 42 fight (Jill):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YWKkJqeI0d8

The best and most ironic part of this whole thread, though, is that you HAVE to kill the tyrant with the rocket launcher the second time you fight him to beat the game.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 10:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I read the whole thing, and I disagree completely. G-Dub and darkvare and scores of RE fans hold this one in high regard for one very simple reason: it is the best in the series. Horror, art, suspense, game play, replay, weapons, villains, bosses, etc.
Resident Evil 4 is a fun game and I like it a lot, but I have to disagree with you there. Firstly, Resident Evil 4 is not a horror game anymore, spanish peasants with insects in their skulls are not scary, at least as far as I´m concerned. But I´m also someone who thinks "No Zombies - No Resident Evil" but hey.

The gameplay sure is faster and maybe more rewarding, but I always loved that certain comfyness the old Resident Evils emitted, which is totally gone in Part 4, because there are too many enemies and almost every "Level" is as wide as...well, something very wide and big. Look at the castle, you could steer a tank (har har) through there.

Replay Value and Weapons ARE better, without a doubt, I´m not gonna argue with that, the weapons are incredibly fun to use, you keep them in the next playthrough, what more can I ask for.

Villains & Bosses...well, as stated above, I don´t like the peasants or most of the other enemies in the game...the lake-thing was very nice, but the rest was mere standart minus the zombie-factor.

In my opinion, the best Resident Evil game is the remake of Part 1, followed by Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 4 would be third place probably, if I regard it as a Resident Evil game. Which is not that easy since there´s nearly nothing left that made the Series so nice.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM       
I don't really care for things such as "knife runs" or "no health upgrades" or I think Zelda even had "no sword" runs. I just don't see the point.

As for Resi 4, I liked it enough to get the Cube and GC version, so I'm very biased toward it. I found it to be an excellent game, considering I'm only mediocre at the rest of the series. Which, in a sense, sucks, because the games are pretty awesome I just can't win at them.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Mexican Rambo Doll
Location: In your closet. Kinda like that homeless Japanese lady.
Lobo Tommy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM       
Speed runs, knife runs, no hit runs, etc are stupid. Just play the fucking game.

Also, RE4 is scary. The first time you get to the village and you are chased by peasants into a house and a guy with a chainsaw comes and kills you is scary. Jesus, that was the longest sentence I've ever written.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM       
Regenerators scared me worse than anything I've encountered in a Resident Evil game, but that was really the only part of 4 that stood out in that respect.

REmake is probably the best in terms of scariness, but I hold 4 above the rest of the series because it was the only one that captured that "Night of the Living Dead" feel that I assumed all the other games were like; encountering a huge number of unrelenting enemies, killing as many as you can before you're forced to retreat, barracading yourself in a crappy little farm house and fending them off from inside until they break in and you are completely overwhelmed, etc.

Of course, it's all way too easy and that never really happens, which is the only problem I have with 4. But I did still enjoy the general feeling of it much more than the other games, which were like "walk through hall, find single zombie, shoot zombie in head, burn zombie, rinse, repeat" with a boss fight or slightly faster enemy every so often to mix things up, and a lot of asinine puzzle solving and backtracking. I was really really excited for RE1 when I heard zombies could break down doors because I thought it meant they would actually chase you into other parts of the mansion if you ran away and hid, but all the instances of an enemy busting into the room you're in are completely scripted and it happens like, two times.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 05:30 PM       
I never found it outsandingly scary. The regenerators were pretty creepy, as was that moving sack in the dumpster, but otherwise, it was kind of tame.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM       
Thanks for the vids Chojin
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM       
I still think the original RE is the most terrifying in the series :< Remake, for whatever reason, seems very 'plastic' to me and I can't really get myself to imagine the mannequins as real people - but somehow, the terrible playstation grainyness lets me imagine they're real people easier. Maybe it was the intro cutscene.

I also don't know about REmake, but I would run out of ammo all the time in RE, and that was terrifying. In RE4, that never seems to be a big issue.

But I haven't gotten far in RE4 because I keep getting so anxious that I stop having fun ;<
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM       
Has anyone played this on the PC? I no longer own a gamecube and havnt gotten a Wii yet but I was thinking about picking it up on the PC. I hear it had some graphics problems but that there is a patch that fixed that. Other than the graphics problems is it even worth getting on the PC? Or am I better off with the fond memories of the gamecube version?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM       
I don't know about a PC version, but it was also released on PS2 with a little bonus content. And it's PS3 compatible.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM       
Not just a little bonus content. It had a lot of extra things, especially the collector's edition.
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:32 PM       
I hear the PC version is a port of the PS2 version, with all the bonus content the PS2 game had to offer. Problem is I dont have a PS2 or PS3 either. Im working with a 360 a PC and I have a DS laying around somewhere.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM       
I think you should get the PC version.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 07:29 PM       
I liked RE4 best in the sense that it was the only one I could manage the controls on without throwing the controller at the tv.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
The PC version doesn't have HD lighting, bump mapping, particle effects, or any of the other graphical goodies the console versions have. There is also no mouse aiming, which is retarded as it is not currently 1992. It's an incredibly lazy and awful port, and I really don't reccomend getting it.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM       
I heard they fixed a few things with subsequent patches (the lighting in particular). Which isn't to say it's not still broken in various other ways.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:03 PM       
This thread makes me want to nap.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Drink Drunk View Post
I never found it outsandingly scary. The regenerators were pretty creepy, as was that moving sack in the dumpster, but otherwise, it was kind of tame.
What about oven man?

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 11:23 PM       
the oven guy was hilarious :<
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM       
I'll admit the kitchen area and mess hall was kinda creepy, but it didn't really have the same impact on me as RE 2, or match the quality of the gameplay itself.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM       
RE4 is best because Leon is a sexy beast. Rawr.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The PC version doesn't have HD lighting, bump mapping, particle effects, or any of the other graphical goodies the console versions have. There is also no mouse aiming, which is retarded as it is not currently 1992. It's an incredibly lazy and awful port, and I really don't reccomend getting it.
you can use a 360 or a ps2 controller if you have the connection for it i used the 360 controller and it was ok

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM       
What kind of connection do you need to use your 360 controller on your PC?
Mexican Rambo Doll
Location: In your closet. Kinda like that homeless Japanese lady.
Lobo Tommy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
RE4 is best because Leon is a sexy beast. Rawr.
Is it just me or is Leon so cool he isn't afraid of anything? When you hear Dr. Salivador's chainsaw for the first time, all Leon does is say "Oh great, a chainsaw.' It's like he got a C on a test. "Oh great, a C." Same kind of emotion.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
What kind of connection do you need to use your 360 controller on your PC?
the 360 wired one is a usb but if you want to use the wireless one you can get this
http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX360-WIRELESS...QQcmdZViewItem
works for 4 controllers so you can play the simpsons for 4 player lol and there are cables to connect the ps2 controllers to pc rather easily

SANTO el enmascarado de plata