Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

deAdeNdz is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 10:28 PM        You review mine, I'll review yours
Ok - you check out my music/band and I will check out yours...maybe write up a short something about a couple of tracks
and I will return the favor. Who knows...maybe some of us kick ass

www.myspace.com/Softy

www.myspace.com/SatoriVA

now you post yours
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:23 AM       
You've been doing this, for how many years?
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:41 AM       
ok no matter:

softy: this is pretty much nondescript nothing music. Nothing happens in it, no direction, the orchestration is sparse but easy to digest. Not bad, just doesn't interest me in any way. Sounds like the demo song in a new synthesizer or something.

satori are better, generally. I guess you've had more experience with rock-band based orchestration. The sound quality is good, the playing is competent besides the drummer fucking up here and there. I don't like the transition from theme to theme, as they do not seem to have any cohesion or dynamic flow. You just stop playing bit A, start playing bit B. Don't like the vocals at all. I guess some record company could take the prime material of your band, clean you up, and sell you like a pop-punk band or something. Is that a good thing?

And since that's what you asked for, here's a string quartet and percussion piece I wrote a little ago for you to enjoy.

Also, for absolutely no reason, here's five chords' worth of doom.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:01 AM       
I listened to satori..all quite competent, not really my thing but not bad. The timing seemed to go all weird once the singing started.

Helm: listened to your orchestral thing...I think I liked it.. I have no frame of reference for that kind of thing, but it was very professionally done.

deAdeNdz is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM       
cool thanks for listening guys...Helm I appreciate your sincerity but I really think you focus way too much on the technical aspects of things that are subject to preference. These songs are made to crank up, rock hard, and aid in a rampage while you smash your apartment in a drunken stupor. Anyways, I still like what you wrote and will consider it in the future (I'm the drummer)

I don't know what to say about that orchestral thing...really not sure what that was all about so I can't say much.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM       
I couldn't "rock" to it. Dull. I'm going to listen to someone with composition skills now. Mad composition skills.
EDIT-As far as Helm's stuff goes, he already knows my opinion on it.