Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 05:59 PM       
I don't know if when they updated the sabres arena they got rid of the workout and conditioning room or something. It seems like we're playing with half of the sabres and half of the AHL americans due to injuries.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 06:22 PM       
God, the Jackets-Blues game. I bet it was difficult for Ken Hitchcock to keep the smirk off his face.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM       
Hi ho, hi ho, it's time for the Blue Jackets to bite the big one yet again. To Nashville. Fucking Nashville!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 01:20 AM       
Jets lost to the Penguins today. Horribly. We got outshot like 40 to 20.

When 15000 fans scream at you to shoot the puck, you should shoot the fucking puck instead of stopping and waiting to pass it to someone... oh, the puck just got stolen from you and Pittsburgh is going back up the ice
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM       
The Jackets' new thing (just arrived in my email) is a "Ladies' night out" promotion. The tagline is, "Learn the game and enjoy a ladies' night out!" It features hors d'oeuvre, girly cocktails and a Q&A with the GM and referees.

I'm vaguely offended by it.

Maybe I should go and learn what a hat trick is, or ask which one's the quarterback.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 01:39 AM       
http://www.myotherdressshoes.com/Lat...e-jackets.html

Is that what you were talking about? Ticket, hot dog, popcorn, drink and a HAT for $30.

Here's what the prices are at the Jets games:

- Average ticket price around $82 (tickets are rated A, B or C depending on what team is in town, so the range is from like $180 for the most expensive tickets ever down to around $60 for nosebleeds)
- Beer $8 each
- Soft drink $5
- Hot dog $6
- Popcorn $4
- Parking $12

Hats are like $25.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 03:48 AM       
Yep. And I know. When I went through Cbus yesterday, there were signs all over the place for $50 ticket packages that included popcorn, t-shirts, etc.

The weird thing is that all of the NHL souvenirs are at standard pricing, meaning that a jersey can cost the same as three game tickets.

When we were at the Dayton Fliers game earlier this month, a pretzel and a soda alone were $7.50.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM       
My brother and I paid $300 each for an authentic Jets jersey. The replica jerseys are $150.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM       
Worth it though.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 04:15 PM       
Totally worth it. I stride around the arena before and after games making rude comments to stupid people about the cheap Chinese knock-offs that they're wearing.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM       
I enjoy the mascots slamming into the glass right behind people talking before games. Scares the everloving shit out of them, especially when the place is mostly empty and it echoes.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The Jackets' new thing (just arrived in my email) is a "Ladies' night out" promotion. The tagline is, "Learn the game and enjoy a ladies' night out!" It features hors d'oeuvre, girly cocktails and a Q&A with the GM and referees.
I bet you could make the GM cry.
You may already be there.
Resident Chimp
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM       
I watched the Calgary/Columbus game. It doesn't look like many people took advantage of that $30 deal.

People would be killing each other for those tickets in Canada.

Seriously.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I bet you could make the GM cry.

If I were the GM I would make earnest plans to shoot myself well before the event. To put it in the words of Hank Hill, it's asinine.

We might as well just start calling them the columbus BJs on account of the suck. I have a great custom jersey that I'm embarrassed to wear, and that's sad because I've loved the team for just about as long as it's existed.

They were decent for a while. I think the 07-08 season will always be my favorite, playoffs or not. And I still like Nash and Vermette, but I'm a goalie girl and I don't have much to say about the swiss cheese barrier those guys have been putting up these days.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 10:23 AM       
Can't wait for the philly/new york game on monday. I was reading about possible future sites for the winter classic games and one that was mentioned was central park in new york,ny.

Could you imagine that
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 11:33 PM       
"Wow, it's the third sellout crowd this year and the Jackets are really putting on a sh--- oh, wait, never mind."
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM       
Jets beat the Leafs, who are now out of a playoff spot for the time being. All is right in 2012.

SKATASTIC
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM       
Thank you jets.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM       
Winter classic alumni game was awesome. Seeing the likes of Bob Clarke, Mark Messier, Eric Lindros and Ron Duguay on the ice at various times ... well I can't describe the feeling. And the chant of "Bernie! Bernie!" nearly brought a tear to my eye. What a show.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM       
Every time I look at Ovechkin, all I see is
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM       
Jets played terrible in Montreal. Hopefully we can regroup for the Toronto rematch tomorrow. :/
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM       
Yep. It's coming. Nash dash. He should go to Nashville...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...iZrHsHTCd7vLYF
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM       
Realignment just got blown up. Looks like everything will stay like it is for at least one more season.