Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copper is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:39 PM       
Actually, Pink Panther 2 has a 2009 release, and given that these are 2008 awards, we can probably look forward to seeing it on the list *next* year. (Proto, take notes, please *laughs*)

I've got no argument with any of the choices, though I haven't seen hardly any of the movies on the lists. Still, I can whole heartedly agree with BHC. Why? Why on earth would they think this was a good idea? I think Disney is rolling in his cryogenic chamber.
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 02:39 AM       
I got dragged to see the new Mummy movie, on my birthday.

It was pretty good, even though I hated the previous two.
Fookin' up planets!
Captain PirateFace is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM       
Always bagging on "The Spirit" man...
nilus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 01:11 PM       
I don't understand all the nerd love for Hellboy 2. Maybe its because I saw it the same day(and after) I saw Dark Knight but honestly I thought the first one was better. I think Del Toro strayed to far from the comic roots and all the sitcom relationship crap was just awful. I just did not like this movie.
Shining Beacon of Virtue
Coryjonc is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM       
I'm still waiting for you to apologize for that Best Western joke last year.
Bustin makes me feel good
wetstereorebel is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 07:32 PM       
Spot on.
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM       
Hmm.. Let me take my guess as to what 2009's "Worst Raping of a Classic Franchise" Oscar nominees will be:

G. I. Joe
Transformers 2: Rise of the Fallen
Some Other Remake of a 30-minute Toy Commercial
grants but one wish
greenimp is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 11:01 PM       
i'd have to disagree with the most horrific abomination award, twilight was by far worse. if only for the brutal rape of all vampire lore etc... when in sunlight they burn they dont turn into ziggy fucking stardust.
Who? Me?
0dd1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 03:47 PM       
Well, actually, greenimp, I believe that in the original novel for Dracula, Dracula is able to be in the sunlight, even though it doesn't really happen too often.

To be honest, I wish you'd mentioned "My Best Friend's Girlfriend" (an abomination that include the worst thing to hit "comedy"--Dane Cook) or "Everybody Wants to be Italian", an indie film that has absolutely nothing to do with its title, has generally unlikable characters, and tries in vein to be what "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was...scratch that, I don't even think that the makers of that movie even put any effort into that film. They probably just got the actors and put them in what I think was supposed to be a cross between Baltimore and New York, and said "Okay, so you're two people who think the other is Italian!! Isn't that so funny?? And get this---we're only gonna mention or even do anything related to that plot point only twice in the entire movie!!!! IT'S BRILLIANCE EVEN YZMA COULDN'T EVEN THINK OF!!! And get this---you all play idiotic characters who don't even know what you're doing...so since you agreed to be in this movie, that shouldn't be too hard for you!!" BURN!!!

Last edited by 0dd1 : Feb 25th, 2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: correcting a minor error
Who? Me?
0dd1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM       
My correction--it was supposed to be Boston.
grants but one wish
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM       
Odd: you do, of course realise, that by vampire lore im speaking REAL lore, not one book, vampires, traditionally, were not like dracula at all, but rather repulsive, bloating corpses, closer to zombies than vampires really, but intelligent, and could never walk around in the daylight, lest they burn up.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 03:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenimp View Post
vampires, traditionally, were not like dracula at all, but rather repulsive, bloating corpses, closer to zombies than vampires really, but intelligent, and could never walk around in the daylight, lest they burn up.
Quote:
Though folkloric vampires were believed to be more active at night, they were not generally considered vulnerable to sunlight
Quote:
Over time, some attributes now regarded as integral became incorporated into the vampire's profile: fangs and vulnerability to sunlight appeared over the course of the 19th century, with Varney the Vampire and Count Dracula both bearing protruding teeth, and Murnau's Nosferatu fearing daylight
Folkloric vampires were supposedly hideous though, not hot sexy studs like <3 Edward Cullen <3
grants but one wish
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 05:47 AM       
RaNkeri: please, for the love of god(s) and all that you hold dear, please, please please, dont make comments like your last one with a DP like that one, it scares me.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 06:04 AM       
DP?

EDIT: never mind
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 06:22 AM       
i also am confused but am going to assume it means 'avatar' or something similar
grants but one wish
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 12:53 AM       
yeah it does, "display picture" i've been using msn far too much
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM       
1. Frost/Nixon
2. Pineapple express
3. Sex Drive

willie
toolz88 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM       
Good list especially giving honors to Hellboy 2 but I have to disagree with Burn after Reading.What a terrible movie that was, have'nt seen Be kind Rewind or Midnight Meat Train although I want to.Also really agree on Kung F Panda and The Happening alas I have made my peace on Indy 4 though
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM       
Be Kind Rewind had some awesome and highly creative visuals. In particular the snippets of documentary shown. What were you watching? Spot on about everything else though.

Aliens in an Indy movie, ya. Problem is that if I'm going to give heart ripping occultists and face melting ghosts a pass, I feel I must also give the aliens equal suspension of disbelief credit. Still sucked hard though.
Forum Virgin
Trickster is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM       
THANK YOU for mentioning 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days. It was an excellent film but no one I know's seen it. I was gonna give Burn After Reading a go too so I'll definitely try and get round to it now.

Have to agree 100% about Indy though. Those were my childhood movies and it was just so... lame. Kinda left me feeling really deflated. It just didn't feel right from the very start and I was actually willing it to be over about half way in but forced myself to sit through it because, well, it's Indy.
Forum Virgin
blipoids is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM       
Quote:
THANK YOU for mentioning 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days. It was an excellent film but no one I know's seen it. I was gonna give Burn After Reading a go too so I'll definitely try and get round to it now.
I have to disagree on that...
"432" - by it's shorter title variant - it's like being compromised to having sex with a trans gender close-obnoxious-relative. I am a romanian, and a nationalist to top it. But this was an absolute awful piece of film about the coercitive and alienating sub-enterprises requiered to side chain excessively punitive laws in a - dare you guess! - redblotted regime ( + some emotional pickles everyone seems to be fond of). But all of this ended more or less with the '89 revolution. And since then there have been numerous exploitations of this intrigue, or more appropriate: 'franchise'. This movie was just oriented towards production value - that's where all the credit goes... but in reality it's an insult to everyone, to me, and to (most) of my friends.
Nuclear Waffle
StarscreamTheWaffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 07:35 AM       
Don't forget to put Astro Boy as a nomination for the first category in the 2010 one.
Nuclear Waffle
StarscreamTheWaffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM       
Specifically: the Worst Raping of a Classic Franchise category.
Fake Shemp
Ferrit is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM       
Quote:
Don't forget to put Astro Boy as a nomination for the first category in the 2010 one

Lets hope there is a 2010 Movie Awards article.... Proto?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 10:17 PM       
you'll have to wait til 2011, since he usually doesn't do them until the year is out (notice how THIS article was posted in feb '09 and is for 2008)