Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 01:52 PM        Parsing a new Bush Promise
"After four years more in this office I want people to look back and say, 'The world is a more peaceful place,'" Bush told supporters at a community college in Iowa. "Four more years and America will be safe and the world will be at peace."

Aside from the obvious question, who writes this shit, I'm curious as to what anyone think W's abve statement might... you know... mean.

Is he saying this is what he wants of people? Is he saying he wants the situation to be such that people will say it becaause it's the truth? And what about the second clause, where America is safe and the world is at peace? Is this also something he wants, or is he saying that if re-elected we won't be attacked again, and the 'war' with terrorism will be 'over'?

To my mind the world is decidely not a safer place. You could argue that we are working in that direction (I would not) but to say it is safer than it was four years ago seems ludicrous to me when we are engaged in two active wars in whcih people are dying every day.

I think saying America safe and world at peace after for more years o' Bush isn't 'optimism', it's Loony.