Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 12:22 PM        Homeless Iraq vets showing up at shelters
yea bush sure supports our troops.

Washington, DC, Dec. 7 (UPI) -- U.S. veterans from the war in Iraq are beginning to show up at homeless shelters around the country, and advocates fear they are the leading edge of a new generation of homeless vets not seen since the Vietnam era.

"When we already have people from Iraq on the streets, my God," said Linda Boone, executive director of the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans. "I have talked to enough (shelters) to know we are getting them. It is happening and this nation is not prepared for that."

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...1848-6449r.htm

this growing problem will compound all our other problems.. i can't imagine how some of these folks are dealing with thier situation, some are going to have a hard time not solving thier problems with violence. the really sad thing is that it was predicted by the left BEFORE we went to war in Iraq, and almost no one listened. [/url]
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:35 PM       
I hope they won't be like those lifeless, directionless, dead-eyed vets that T.S. Elliot wrote about in Europe following WW I. I don't want zombies walking our streets.

Wherever you go, there you are.