Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 09:01 PM        Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3
October 21st, I'll be first in line to get this. It's my all time favorite game ever, and it took them fucking forever to put it out in convenient portable Game Boy format; taking their sweet time while people like me are banging the crap out of their NES and blowing saliva and viruses into their 13-year-old cartridges in vain attempts to try to play through the game again.

22 more days.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 09:02 PM       
My friend has the rom. It looks great, in terms of both graphics and gameplay :o
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 11:37 PM       
I should get this. I only have Metroid Fusion at the moment. :/
Soul*Assassin is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 01:20 PM       
I've never played it I had a NES but only TMNT2 and some other games for it (it was great). SMB3 looks really good though, i have to admit. Think its worth getting on GBA? (can you get a racoon suit or something in it?)
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:18 PM       
#1, I hate you for never playing it, and nothing you can do will make me tolerate you ever again.

#2, buy it. Don't ask questions. Buy it and fucking play it. This is like one of those times when people say it's the best game ever, only imagine something so orgasmic that every minute spent having that feeling will give to the highest peak of bliss imaginable. Now multiply that by 100, and you've got half of what this game is.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:22 PM       
I still have no idea what the deal was with Tanooki (sp?) Mario.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:25 PM       
Tanooki was some kinda japanese myth doohike. I dunno what the whole story behind it was or what it stood for though.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:28 PM       
I just like the frog suit. I want one for real.
Oh God
Gurlugon is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:37 PM       
A tanuki is some racoon-ish-looking dog found in Japan.

I loved SMB3; I'll try to get off my ass and buy this game. By the way, is any other game getting thrown in? I have Super Mario Advance 2, and it has the classic Mario Bros. along with its main attraction: Super Mario World.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:41 PM       
Yeah, this game is throwing in fucking Mario Bros., just like the other three Super Mario Advances.

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:44 PM       
They should put in a remake of Super Mario Bros. instead. It would be DANDY.
Oh God
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:45 PM       
Couldn't they at least throw in, like, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels? :/

Will SMB3 have the SNES-y graphics, or the classic crappy NES graphics? I'm too lazy to go and look. Sorry.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 03:51 PM       
I WANTED them to put in the NES ones, but it'll be the nostalgia-free SNES graphics.

And SMB: Lost Levels were in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for Gameboy Color.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:09 PM       
OK, just explain this to me.

Sure, they added a couple new things. But is it really worth paying $40-$50 so you can play a 15-year-old game while you're not at home? How often do you play video games when you're out? Because if you're out, doesn't that mean you're probably going to be busy, so you won't have time to play?

Sure, they also added new levels, which are accessable through an eReader and cards. But is THAT worth paying for on top of the game itself?

Re-releasing old games in a new format just seems silly to me, unless you aren't able to play the older incarnations (be it rom or catridge), or unless they revise the game a great deal to make it a whole new experience, and possibly more replayability. Which in turn would probably make the game really suck, because it's just not the same game you loved so long ago.

I bought Super Mario Advance when I got my GBA (which I still hate, thank you very much). They added some very minor things, like finding 5 big coins in each level, and I beat the game in about 3-4 days. Had no reason to go back and play it again. Ever. If I want to play SMB2, which more often than not I don't, I could have just played the rom. Granted, I'd miss the thrilling experience of fighitng big coins, which most of the time were right along the way and easy to get, but that's not worth the money at all.

So, explain, please.
Oh God
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:34 PM       
All GBA games are, like, only $30 when they come out.

Right? Bah, maybe I'm that much out of the loop.

But, anyway, yeah, you're paying for nostalgia you could get for free. But I'll be damned if SMB3 isn't a quality game.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:35 PM       
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 05:39 PM       
You said it yourself James. The game is 15 years old. Think how many kids out there have never played games as great as this one. Lets face it the major target audience of the game boy is too young to have played too much of the nes. but now they will get the chance.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 05:53 PM       
Plus, for people with a worn-out NES and a computer that's so fucking useless that even loading up Microsoft Word is an all-day task, having your all time favorite game in portable Game Boy format is pretty much the only option left.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 06:28 PM       
Well, I'm not talking about why people in general would buy the games. I'm asking why YOU guys would.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 06:34 PM       
I think the game is going to be fucking great, and I love having access to SNES classics with GBA. I agree with James though on price - Nintendo is totally cashing in on old intellectual property. I would much prefer to see these old games discounted and part of a 'Classic" series. But you can't really blame them. People gladly pay full price for them, so why should Nintendo do otherwise?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 07:03 PM       
The prices should be lower, but not crazy low... they are redoing all of the graphics to make them look like SNES games, and that in itself is quite a time consuming task.

I wish I could draw
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 07:04 PM       
Yeah, but they already did that for Super Mario All Stars.

But yeah, they still deserve to make a decent profit off of it.

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 10:09 PM       
James, I see you're point, but personaly, I can't stand playing ROMS. I don't know what it is about them that makes them so un-enjoyable. I would much rather lay out on my bed and play SMB3 then sit in front of my computer, which I already do for several hours each day. I am, of course, talking about the Gameboy Player and not the GBA itself. I hate playing that, too. Having to sit in a certain position to get light, having to crane my neck all the time...ugh...and it's like not I play any of the games outside my room anyway.

I bought SMBA, and I beat it in a week and never played it again. This is mostly becuase I don't like Mario games that much.

As far as porting SNES game to GBA is concerned, I persoanaly am not going to buy them. All the SNES games I like I own, and my SNES is plugged in and works just fine. I do think that it's pretty cool that Nintedo is re-introducing the golden age of gaming to a new generation of gamers, tho.

The actuale game, SMB3, is good, but not that good. I much rather prefer Kirbys Adventure. Still, it's probably one of, if not the, best Mario game.
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 10:41 PM       
I got this Nintendo Power offer in the mail today. Which is a $60 bundle pack which includes SMA4, its player's guide, a pack of e-reader cards for SMA4, a coupon for a GBASP and an E-Reader (both $10 off), and a 12-issue subscription to nintendo power. This does sound like a good idea, though I would have to deal with crappy NP issues in my mail, but I get some good stuff for SMA4.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 10:55 PM       
I got the same thing too.
I don't think it is that big of a deal though. Maybe if it came with the actual e-Reader.