Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:26 AM       
Oh and we shouldn't invite ANYONE until we set the forums up correctly. SO GW IM ME MEME EM EMMIIM IM IEM M EM EME
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM       
jeeze hold the fuck on
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM       
Ok I set up Schimid as Tourney Moderator/GM and Chojin as AChimp head nerd position

I have school first though because I am a growing boy who needs to learn things to grow big and strong so we'll coordinate the rest of this later
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM       
Also, Schimid, if organizing tournaments isn't your thing just tell me and I'll give it to someone else later
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM       
i've set up the phpbb on my own server and am waiting for my hosters to set up the permissions now :o
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Also, Schimid, if organizing tournaments isn't your thing just tell me and I'll give it to someone else later
It depends, really; there are all sorts of tournament organizing softwares out there, so I think I should be able to handle it. If it gets too strenuous or if I can't do it because of time restraints I'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you so much for doing this though :=

I'm currently looking closer at my playing style and compilling a list of what I like to think aren't exactly advanced tactics persay, but more along the lines of tips that could benefit everyone, not just experts.

There's a HUGE group of people who play this game, or who have played, and just haven't been able to get too good at it because they've been disheartened by the bullshit online matchmaking or ridiculously steep difficulty curve. They aren't getting support from GameFAQs because they're all elitist dickheads. If we tap into that group and help make them better, there could potentially be an actual MSC scene. Imagine that.

EDIT - In fact, here's an example. Let me know if you think people would find things like these useful.

In the case of a loose ball, assess your options. If there's no-one around, pick it up and continue. If both you and your opponent are relatively equidistant to the ball, let him have it. Several things can happen at this junction; either he will turn and clobber you for being near the ball (which will give you an item, possibly one that can take him out anyway), or he will pick up the ball. Now that he has the ball, lay into him with a huge hit. You're effectively taking out one of his players (presumably a fast one, too) without giving him an item. You're also retaining posession.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM       
That was sort of what I was shooting for, yeah

I just hope I can keep this up long enough for it to become self-sustaining before I get bored :<

I also hope that people will still care after Brawl comes out.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM       
Oh, also, when there's a loose ball, I almost always lose it because I jump the gun and try to grab it right away.

It's a hard habit to break, and you can't practice it on a low level AI because it's not vicious enough to go after you like that.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM       
I've gotten to the Striker Cup finals a few times now and Petey's team is always the cheapest shit ever

I don't mind if the computer can control every character on the field at the same time, but when EVERY SIDEKICK HE'S GOT is a fucking Dry Bones it's impossible to get within 100 miles of the other side, let alone get a shot off. No matter what I do to try and get close to his goal, I always get tackled from about 4 different directions, and if I try using Birdo to deke one off there are two more just sitting and waiting until I stop spinning.