Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:57 AM       
I see you're getting into the spirit of the game!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM       
I physically assualted my Wii last night

I hope it still works
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 03:07 PM       
I just keep yelling luckysunuvabitch a lot.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM       
I should mention that strikers is not a game for people who have anger problems.

Like schimid.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM       
Hey buddy, thanks for telling me that before I spent 40 dollars and crippled my jaw chewing on the remote!
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM       
I can say that I've bitten the wiimote.

...Pre remote cover.

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
I have the hardest time maintaining my temper with this game too. With most sports games, even. The better I am at a game, the shorter amount of time it takes for me to go into a murderous rampage.

For instance, if everything I do fails in TF2 and I'm killed 10 times in a row without response, I'll scream and snarl and smash. I'm not very good at TF2.

If someone so much as makes two shots in a row on me in Strikers, I'm liable to kick in the TV. I'm very good at Strikers. Hell, I get mad before the match even begins if they pick a captain I hate. DK and 3 Boos just adds onto that and by that point I'm usually hot as hellfire. And that's even before the Boo-dekes!

EDIT - I also might add that I have this arrogant mindset that everyone that plays online games is a tremendous douchebag and I am a Fonzie swimming in a sea of Cunninghams. I hate being beaten by Cunninghams.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:13 AM       
Is there any sort of logic behind how good or bad the AI's goalie is

I'm using the banana shield thing to pull 5 ball red line megastrikes in the Striker cup and I get shut out EVERY FUCKING TIME
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:19 AM       
Also, I ruined a nunchuck today!

The fact that the other guy can charge up a megastrike while his teammates tackle me into oblivion is the fucking line, ok. That is CHEATING.

Speaking of tackling, by the way, I get knocked off my ass literally every 5 seconds by everyone with a Monty Mole, which is fucking ridiculous. You'd think a toad with a mushroom could outrun one of those fuckers, but NO.

This is less like Soccer and more like a new sport altogether, which can be best described as Clusterfuck Ball.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:19 AM       
after the computer gets to a certain level of difficulty, you have to learn to make shots other ways. (very similar to how online as soon as you get someone that even kinda knows what they're doing, you really can't rely on megastrikes)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:22 AM       
I generally rely only on tricks like Toadjumping or teleporting, with the occasional lucky actual shot from Birdo. Megastrikes are nice when you can get them, though, and since the banana wall is generally the best use for the item I don't like to pass up the opportunity.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:48 AM       

FUCK THIS GAME
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 09:57 AM       
lol :<

And yeah, the computer does cheat in that it can control everyone on the field all the time. It's lame, but once you get good enough the computer is usually a pushover because it doesn't know how to defend against most trick shots.
was never good
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 09:57 AM       
Also, you can play the campaign mode with up to 4 people, so you could theoretically be doing the same shit yourself.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 11:15 AM       
Did you fucking chew on your controller?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM       
OKAY ARROWX CALM DOWN BEFORE YOU SMASH YOUR WII AND CRY TO YOUR MOMMY TO BUY YOU A NEW ONE!
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 08:59 PM       
I never realized that you could play campaign with more then 1. I mean yeah, it makes sense, I just never connected that.

...for breakfast?!
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 11:47 PM       
I still love this game. ;_;

After EXTENSIVE PLAY tonight, I have made four IMPORTANT DISCOVERIES.

1) Chipping the ball as a defensive character is super effective. Not only does the pass get there quicker, but it disorients the other player. The camera only loosely follows a chipped ball, which is perfect for setting up surprise power shots. The downside is that you have to have a good idea of where all of your players are at all times and sometimes the lines just don't connect like they should. Oh well.

2) Chipping the ball against the wall as a power character looks awesome and gives a HUGE sense of satisfaction. I don't know whether it's more likely to go in or not.

3) There's a trick called a parallel slam, where you chip the ball up parallel to the goal and kick in your own chip. Only Boo, Waluigi and Hammer Bro can do it. I've found a 99% effective way of doing it, and that's to throw up the chip and then quickly cradle the A button with your thumb followed by the B button with your forefinger. If done right, you'll tell the game to switch to another character only to immediately override that command with a shot. It's an exercise in timing and gets a little frustrating, but I was able to pull it off seven times in a row at one point.

4) I play as ChadWarden online, so it's only fitting that I name my new move the ballin' drop. Do a parallel slam, only chipping for about .2 of a second longer. Then, and this is the hard part, hit the A button at the PRECISE TIME. What'll happen is you'll pass the ball even further vertically, giving it to a waiting sidekick eager to kick it in. This one's even tougher than number 3 and I can't do it with any sort of regularity, but it's still really fancy.

I wish I could win money for this shit.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:16 AM       
I don't think I've ever seen a less accessible or more frustrating game than this one.

I'm convinced I'm really not going to be able to finish the single player, ever, because the computer is a CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER, but after playing a bunch of online matches there are a lot more people at or near my skill level these days. Matches are still random, though, so half the time I'm paired up with guys so good that they score without me even knowing what the fuck they just did.

I keep looking for communities to get around this, but really, everyone who hangs out in that sort of place is a complete bastard.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 01:42 AM       
guys I made a hot singles hookup site

http://strikerscharged.createforum.net/index.php

tell your friends
was never good
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 07:05 AM       
i would like to be admin on that site and clean up some colors and images if you don't mind

i signed up as MrPayback
was never good
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM       
also send me a msg on aim, I need to impart some of the basic sacraments of forum creation to you :o
...for breakfast?!
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM       
Oh wow, that's really cool. I was just telling Chojin yesterday how I wished there was a Strikers community that wasn't full of bungling idiots, this might help.

Registered my account as Lazy. I've been playing as a lot of different people online and if I register as Coney Isle then we'll probably attract the wrong attention from wT members and the like. If we want to make this public and all, I'll put the link on a bunch of MSC groups on Facebook. I'm not gonna put it up on GameFAQs.

I made a Mii and everything!
was never good
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM       
I think you should go with Coney and invite the GameFAQers, then we'll ban most of them after they fag it up. It'll help postcounts in the interim and help show people that we're a community about PEACE and CHANGE.

Plus then they'll go back home and complain about us, which is more publicity. HATCHACHACHACHACAH
...for breakfast?!
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:19 AM       
Yeah, you're probably right.

Registering now as Coney Isle...GW, you could leave Lazy there if you want or delete it :X

Can I be a mod? :D I just want the title more than anything :D