Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:23 PM        slim jim audio ad on the homepage
I was just on the I-Mockery homepage and heard an audio ad for Slim Jims. First off, I don't allow audio ads on the site, so something is apparently getting in through one of the networks that represents us, but I can't even find where the ad is on the homepage. I scrolled all over and didn't see any ad displaying a thing about Slim Jims. Have any of you seen this ad? If so, please lemme know what it looks like and where exactly it was.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:28 PM       
I know Kitsa heard a Widex ad and Kahl heard something as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I just reloaded the page and my browser blocked a popup and some bitch started screeching about lysol or windex or something and I can't figure out where it's coming from

And I just installed new antivirus antieverything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
the same thing happened to me and then it started singing that song that goes, "WONT LET YOU INTOOO MYY HEeeAAAARRRRTTT""
Pickled Patriarch
Old May 21st, 2010, 05:42 PM       
Lemme know if you guys hear them any more, and if you do, what the ads are for and where they were appearing on any given page. Pisses me off that despite the filters we have in place, some of these networks still get some of those auto-playing audio ads through.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 05:48 PM       
i heard one myself, but i turned it off before i heard what it was for
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:07 PM       
I heard one. It frightened me.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM       
It was the ghosts of the people who died in that horrible plant explosion last year.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
It was the ghosts of the people who died in that horrible plant explosion last year.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM       
I heard another one today but I can't remember what it was for. I think it had a fake doctor in it.

FWIW, a small town near me is the Slim Jim capital of the world. Apparently most of them are made there, if not all of them. I know they just had some big expansion and they showed the party on the news, and there was a whole buffet table of Slim Jims.

I really, really, really wanted to run into Macho Man Randy Savage at some point because of this. I guess I figured he'd be the keynote speaker of such festivities. But I never did see him.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:52 PM       
"Larry, we just had the carpets cleaned."

"But it was the pizza guy!"

"You said you bought a DiGiorno..."

(and then I closed the window.)
Pickled Patriarch
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:36 PM       
Quote:

Where were you when you heard this? On the forums or on the homepage? Was the ad at the top of the page or somewhere on the right side or what? Any info you can provide me will help me track down that crap. Thanks!
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:34 PM       
Quote:

I saw this dialog on a TV commercial for DiGiorno pizza on an actual TV set. It was three guys in the living room watching football and eating pizza. The wife walks in and gives them shit about the muddy footprints they left on the carpet for some reason. They blame the footprints on the pizza delivery guy, it flashes to a picture of the DiGiorna pizza and then cuts back to the fat retards cleaning the carpet. One of them then says "you left the box on the counter" or some shit like that.

I actually had one of these pizzas the other night but I didn't hear it playing any audio.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM       
i dunno... the weirdest thing was that i also couldn't find anything on the page ;/ i had a couple pages open but it just looked like regular ads, nothing that looked like it would have music or anything ;/
teacup of sunshine
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM       
There was no ad at all that I can remember. It was on the General Blabber forum, and it happened between the time I went back to there from a thread and the time I clicked on another thread. There were no animated ads or anything that particularly matched the audio.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM       
i was on the forums when it happened to me
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM       
It happens to me when I get directly on the forums too.

The Slim Jim one and another one.

OH GOD IT'S DOING IT RIGHT NOW, WITH SOME DISCOVER AD.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:35 PM       
You guys are sure your not just mistaking your TV for the computer are you?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:52 PM       
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 22nd, 2010, 01:25 AM       
i saw some a while ago that made noises when i moused over them but then again i get ads of completly different shit over here

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Pickled Patriarch
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:08 AM       
Ok, so the only ads we have on the forums are up at the top of the page, above the menus. But what's bizarre is I'm not seeing anything at the top of the pages loading that correlates to the sounds from said ads. Friggin' bizarre o.O
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:19 AM       
Maybe it's the new incarnation of ads. If it doesn't correlate with the visual ad, you don't know how to close it. Also, you looked at the visual ad to see if it matched. It's a win win for them.
Pickled Patriarch
Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:03 AM       
Keep me posted if you guys keep hearing the ads. I have the networks looking into it so hopefully something will get that crap off the site soon.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM       
While I haven't heard any audio, I really hate the ad that pops up about once every month or so and covers the top portion of the 'message' box when you hit reply, or the first threads in any given part of the forum.

It really gets on my goat.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:59 AM       
in the i-bapery skin, the banner ads frequently cover the first few threads of a forum (in chrome and firefox, anyway).

I've had DiGiorno pizza fairly often and there's no way in hell I'd mistake it for something made at a pizza place. If it were made at some delivery franchise, I'd probably complain loudly and never go there again.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:00 PM       
Happened to me just now.
Pickled Patriarch
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:32 PM       
More details please, captain516. What was the ad for / what did you hear?