Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 02:20 PM        America on Drugs
It seems to me as though America is a country that has a drug for almost any disease and every type of symptom. Have you ever questioned why medicinal corporations force drugs on you that you might not need?

1. Do you take drugs every time you have a slight pain (minor headaches, stomache-aches, period cramps)?

2. What kind of medication do you take mostly (perscription/over-the-counter)?

3. What is your take on using Marijuana as an alternative to other medications?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 02:34 PM       
1. No.

2. Prescription, but over-the-counter stuff like Tylenol or Advil when the pain is really pissing me off.

3. Gay.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 02:44 PM       
They don't force a goddamned thing on us. People willfully and happily take the magic pills as a substitute for actually dealing with the real issues. Then, they need more magic pills to deal with the side effects.

1)The only perscription medicine I've been on in my adult life was some codine after my surgery a few years back.

2) Sometimes I take oral and lotion forms of some crap for my skin in the summer when I get heat rashes.

3)I say treat pot like booze. If an adult enjoys it in the privacy of his or her own home, fine. Don't give it to kids, don't drive when you're on it.

As for medical uses, as far as I know, they use it deal with pain. I really don't know enough to pass judgement in that light.

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 03:19 PM       
I am very much an anti-pain type of person, but I try to endure as much pain as I can before resorting to medication/pain-killers. I hardly ever go to see a doctor but then when I did, all the trouble started: First, I went to see the dentist (for the first time in 6 years). He gave me "Vicodin" for pain/new crown. Then I went to see a doctor about my back, he prescribed me "Lodeine". I started having this gross gastric reaction known as "acid reflux", and they gave me "aciphex"...and on top of these, I take Tylenols for headaches and such other "minor" pains. Of information I've been able to find that is positive toward Marijuana (scientifically studied reports) that is really hard to come by (no thanks to our laws on this area!). I heard and read that MJ can help with alot of minor pains and as a bonus had no side-effects vs. other pain killers.
And El Blanco, I agree with you, it is a personal matter, and (if anything) should be treated like alcohol....

Spasmolytic is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 03:25 PM        Re: America on Drugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosimus
It seems to me as though America is a country that has a drug for almost any disease and every type of symptom. Have you ever questioned why medicinal corporations force drugs on you that you might not need?

1. Do you take drugs every time you have a slight pain (minor headaches, stomache-aches, period cramps)?

2. What kind of medication do you take mostly (perscription/over-the-counter)?

3. What is your take on using Marijuana as an alternative to other medications?
1. no, only when it's unbearable

2. Albuterol inhaler

3. go for it! why the fuck not? i use it as a replacement for tylenol... check out the side-effects for it
Quote:
May have to be used with caution in pregnancy. Heavy drinking and fasting may be risk factors for acetaminophen toxicity, especially if larger than recommended doses of acetaminophen are used. As little as twice the recommended dosage, over time, can lead to serious liver damage.
http://www.nursespdr.com/members/database/ndrhtml/acetaminophen.html

marijuana will not do that and it will not kill you... smoking anything is bad for your lungs and that's why you vaporize weed!

now for a story from the OBVIOUS pile: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...h_030627230048

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 03:40 PM       
Thank you for the article Spasmolytic (how contraversial indeed!)! I have also heard about its beneficial properties in regard to people with epilepsy -KPFA radio
I am tired of the criminlization and "bad reptutation" they have given this universally super (her)-b! I want to hear about the GOOD it does for people (i.e. aids, cancer, glaucoma, etc.)!