Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 05:16 PM       
Bills vs. Dolphins mid 90's

I was going to put a picture of the Bills next to Miami on the NFL monopoly board but I see now they've downgraded the Bills to the electric company. Bad times
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 06:51 AM       
I used to be a fan of minnesota vikings with the receiving trio, moss, sharpe and carter. I wasnt aware of the bad blood between vikings and the packers. that is new to me.

I dont know which is more intense, the red sox-yankees rivalry or the rivalry between the fans of both teams. Check out the latest dispute between the fans...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3382644
Forum Virgin
Kamikaze81 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:42 AM       
The rivalries between the teams of the NFC North dates back when the division was known simply as the "Black and Blue" division which was formed in the 1960s(When the Vikings came to be). Bears hated packers, Vikings hated Lions, Packers hated vikings and so forth. The Bears and Packers were also ancient rivals from the "old nfl" back in the 20s.

On a different Note, I remember the infamous Red Wings/Avalanche fued. I always and forever hate those fuckin Aves. The Wings also are rivals to the Stars, Ducks, St. Louis(Another oldschool rival that came to blows), Blackhawks. At one point they were once rivals to the Toronto Maple Leafs during the "Original 6" era.

Man, I'll never forget the Bulls and the Pistons rivalry from the late 80s and early 90s. That was good times on TV. :D
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:12 PM       
I remember a great Sixers-Celtics game where Dr. J. got into a fistfight with Larry Bird. As I recall, they were both rather lame boxers, but the image stuck in my mind as a classic representation of two hall of fame players behaving extremely childishly. All because of the rivalry.

Sad to see that while the Celts have made it back to the big time, the Sixers are still languishing on the fringe.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I remember a great Sixers-Celtics game where Dr. J. got into a fistfight with Larry Bird. As I recall, they were both rather lame boxers, but the image stuck in my mind as a classic representation of two hall of fame players behaving extremely childishly. All because of the rivalry.

Sad to see that while the Celts have made it back to the big time, the Sixers are still languishing on the fringe.
I have heard tales that Larry Bird was quite the antagonist on court. As though he were trying to get people to fight him.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM       
kevin garnett is pretty much the same way, getting into people's head to frustrate them and make them lose focus.

larry bird vs bill laimbeer still ranks the number one fight of all time in nba. it demostrated that pistons have taken over celtics' spotlight in the east during the late 80's/early 90's. i really miss the old days as well. there were a lot of heated rivalries then things kind of cooled down after the players from the michael jordan generation got old and retired. while the new players are emerging, hopefully we'll see some renewed rivalries in the coming days.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:29 PM       
Kevin Garnett once sucker punched former T-Wolf Rick Rickert during a practice much to everyone's joy. Rick Rickert also cried when his Duluth East Greyhounds lost to Mpls Patrick Henry in the 2001 MN state 4A basketball championship.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:05 PM       
Blackhawks-Redwings, although the Blackhawks haven't been much of a factor lately.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
larry bird vs bill laimbeer still ranks the number one fight of all time in nba.
I can't believe I forgot this one. My God, I am getting old and confused.

Bill Laimbeer - the center that EVERYONE despised, including more than a few Pistons fans. I miss the NBA of the '80's ....
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
Nope. But it sounds so much more violent than full contact karate!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:41 PM       
If I have time this weekend I'll try to dig up the Nintendo Power issue from 1992 that featured Laimbeer and his game as the monthly celebrity interview section.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 01:21 AM       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJpJptNct0

That takes me back.