Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 03:10 AM       

BTC WON'T PLAY THE REINDEER GAMES

Last edited by Tadao : Jan 12th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 03:14 AM       
dude i AM the reindeer games
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 03:51 AM       
ILL GET TO MESSAGING BUGSBY I PROMISE :O
ITS ON MY LIST OF PRIORItieS
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM       
You know sometimes I am the only one on these forums, and it says ONE USER ACTIVE down the bottom and that user is me. It's the only time I feel truly safe.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM       
I can understand that.

I was watching the news today, waiting for coverage of this distressing missing-Nigerian-president thing, and no one but me seems to care. I haven't seen it on US news at all.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:24 AM       
There may have been a time when I would get mad at that, but I think that would have more to do with elitist anti-USAism than caring about the president of Nigeria. To be honest I don't care if they find him or not.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM       
I was just thinking about the outcry when "The Gods Must Be Crazy" parts 1 and 2 came out, how racist everyone said it was for acting like these African countries were just madcap banana republics with governments getting ousted and/or killed just about every other week. And the outrage sounds good, but then stuff like this happens.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM       
I'd heard nothing about this until you made a thread on it, Kitsa.
I even thought the thread was spam at first.
Google, Yahoo, BBC, and Twitter were all empty until he finally broke his silence.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM       
I just don't get how these leaders (and a couple of prominent Americans did the same, just taking off for extended periods of time) think they can just drop off the map and no one will notice.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM       
I guess it's working so far, right?
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:54 AM       
i had my first distance ed/conference class last night. the 'super advanced' technology, allowed the professor to teach 5 universities and 100 students from all over at once. each class room had a 360 camera and microphones in the desks - the screen would switch over to where ever the loudest noise at that moment was coming from and zoom in on it. (this is so we could see whoever was talking at the time - student, professor, whoever)

the problem was we had to be extremely quiet for the professor to stay on the screen, but the 'super advanced' technology was too sensitive. someone would sneeze, the professor would be cut off mid-sentence and it'd switch to the class and zoom in on the student who did it. (other examples included putting on a sweatshirt, dropping a pen, and one lovely lady who attempted to sneak out with the camera following her to the door - zoomed in on her toush) each time 101 people would start laughing, and the screen would seizure between the 5 rooms until everyone stopped. oh the future. 3 hours, we accomplished nothing, going to be a great semester!

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
i had my first distance ed/conference class last night. the 'super advanced' technology, allowed the professor to teach 5 universities and 100 students from all over at once. each class room had a 360 camera and microphones in the desks - the screen would switch over to where ever the loudest noise at that moment was coming from and zoom in on it. (this is so we could see whoever was talking at the time - student, professor, whoever)

the problem was we had to be extremely quiet for the professor to stay on the screen, but the 'super advanced' technology was too sensitive. someone would sneeze, the professor would be cut off mid-sentence and it'd switch to the class and zoom in on the student who did it. (other examples included putting on a sweatshirt, dropping a pen, and one lovely lady who attempted to sneak out with the camera following her to the door - zoomed in on her toush) each time 101 people would start laughing, and the screen would seizure between the 5 rooms until everyone stopped. oh the future. 3 hours, we accomplished nothing, going to be a great semester!
That's hilarious even though I'd eventually get frustrated at the severe lack of productivity if I was in that class.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM       
Quote:

I had lectures where you weren't supposed to ask questions. That's what the tutorials afterwards are for.

But the again we took Philosophy under a tree, with no desks, let alone desks with microphones in them.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM       
elx: Learn how to throw your voice.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:06 PM       
what does that mean?

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM       
It means make someone say something rude for all the world to see. Maybe you can get even with your brother for revealing your list.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM       
That sounds like the least productive class ever, but also potentially the most entertaining.

No baby today unless I spontaneously go into labor They decided on Jan 26, which feels like a very long way away.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM       
It sounds like Ground Hogs Day
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:24 PM       
It's a year to the day after Octomom
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
Gee, Kit that sucks!
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
It's a year to the day after Octomom
I hope yours is less newsworthy
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM       
Quote:
3 hours, we accomplished nothing, going to be a great semester!
More like a loooooong semester. I'd hope everyone dropped the class but me.
Mocker
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM       
if anything, i think the class might just become larger in the next week. it was so much fun - the only downside to it is that 20% of my final grade will be based on class participation and i am incredibly shy

has anyone else taken one like this or had a similarly large class?

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM       
I've had several classes that had over a hundred people, and by the end of the semester there was usually only like 15 people in the class.

also if you're reasonably intelligent it shouldn't be all that hard to participate. I'm pretty shy but I usually managed to participate because I would know the answers/not care if i'm wrong.
also if you do any group projects/presentations all the stupid people will be too busy text messaging/talking to their friends/jacking off and looking smug to participate, so you'll end up doing all the work and get all the participation points

but who knows if our experiences will be similar!

if you're really shy just bring some rocks in to class and whenever the camera pans at you just throw them at the wall and then nobody will have to look at you!
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:54 PM       
I was in a real-life (as in, non-camera) class where everyone dropped but me. That was pretty awkward in terms of participation.

There was originally one other guy. It was an evening class that was taught by the advisor for my degree program. She would lecture, and he was uncomfortable, I guess. So the entire time she'd be talking, he'd be saying, "Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, yeah. Oh. Uh huh..." When he dropped out about a week in, I was relieved because it was getting annoying.

Any other professor would have canceled the class with only one student, but she was out to do me a favor- she knew I needed it for my degree. So she kept it going, and that whole semester I was the only person. She lectured to just me. I felt guilty that she was coming in at night for this class with just one person. One time I tried to call off by explaining that I had no ride home. She told me she'd drive me home, and damned if she didn't.

The downside was that there was no way she'd ever call on someone else.

The upside was that the guilt and mandatory constant attention resulted in an A for the semester. I actually think it might have been an A+, can't remember.