Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:59 PM        Lyndon Larouche
If anybody isn't familiar with who he is, just do a Wikipedia search. The important thing to know is that he's a perennial candidate for president. He's also Geggy's father.

But here's my question, and perhaps some of you have experienced it on your college campus, on the street, or somewhere else. You've probably encounte the Larouchies tabling, screaming about Dick Cheney, and maybe even singing a babershop diddy about the man on a cold Friday night (i shit you not).

What amazes me is his ability to get young, diverse groups of people out to support him. As someone who has worked on numerous occassions to get young people to give a shit about politics, I'm always amazed to see young, African-American men and women out working for the guy. The guy is a dry, irrelevant activist who publishes a magazine. Ralph Nader can't get teenagers to table in the rain on a Saturday, so why can Larouche, who has to be like 90 now....? What am I missing? It almost seems like a cult.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM       
Pure charisma, something that Ralph Nader constantly confuses with blatant jackassery.

Whenever you have an individual who proposes large, grandiose theories with little proof, they have to rely on charisma to lend weight to said theories.

He's a character, it's as simple as that.
Mocker
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 03:04 PM       
When and where have you heard the man speak?

There are a lot of charismatic politicians with better ideas than his who can't draw that kind of young support.
Mocker
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 03:06 PM       
And I found this:

http://www.wlym.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=LaRouche
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 03:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
When and where have you heard the man speak?
I haven't, but I have known someone who was an ardent supporter, one who attempted to give me pamphlets. From the way he described LaRouche, the guy would have had to be charismatic.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM       
Is he even out of jail yet? Didn't he go to jail a while back because if you bought something from one of his aiprort tables (which didn't always inform you they were Larouchies) they had a tendency to keep your credit card number and have you make frequent 'donations'?

That being said, you have to go with anyone who says the Queen of England is a drug kingpin.