Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
That's your holy shit of the week? I take it you missed the 8 PM game last night then didn't you?

Somehow, I assume through a series of souls being sold to the devil, planets coming into alignment, light from Venus refracting off of some swamp gas, and mutant hookers, the broken Buckeyes defeated the Badgers, and as much can be said controlled the second half.
No kidding. I bet the Gophs thank merciful Jesus the Nuts aren't on their schedule this year!!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 07:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MailCall View Post
No kidding. I bet the Gophs thank merciful Jesus the Nuts aren't on their schedule this year!!
Right this second, nobody wants to play the Buckeyes. What they lack in talent, they seem to more than make up for in a 'fuck your couch*' attitude.

*and by couch, I mean rank in the BCS standings
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 01:00 AM       
Quote:
That's your holy shit of the week? I take it you missed the 8 PM game last night then didn't you?
OSU sucking is a completely new and foreign situation to me that, frankly, I haven't fully grasped the reality of yet. Minnesota sucking is as expected as a daily sunrise, so yeah, when Minnesota beats Iowa (a team that we have immense troubles with, even now) I'm going to have to say "holy shit".

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM       
Sorry I AM UNCLEAR. "We" does mean MSU. We still have immense troubles with Iowa, and we don't suck anymore.

I WILL LEAVE THE FOOTBALL TALK TO THE EXPERTS

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM       
Quote:
Everyone has trouble with Iowa
They've lost three games at a combined spread of only 14 points. The Wolverines had better take notice. Iowa has a shitty run D but Vandenburg is an overlooked QB.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM       
Don't look now Thrillho, but the Gophers are down by 7 with 2 minutes left and are driving

Looks like you may be right about your worry about this game.
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM       
The Mildcats weren't so mild...whipping on Nebraska. But Persa got knocked out again. The Mountaineers owe me a Coke. Louisville took advantage of turnovers and crap-filled special teams. Smith had a monster day and the Mounts outgained the Cards, but screwing up'll kill 'ya.
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM       
Am I allowed to say "Northwestern vs. Nebraska: Holy shit!" this week or will I get the third degree?

It was kind of embarrassing how Indiana made you guys work for the win.

Even Minnesota beat Iowa, UofM. Way to go.

Also, Big Ten wasn't all I watched. The LSU-Bama matchup was some really great defensive football on both sides and although no touchdowns were scored I found it quite interesting.

OK I'm done see you next week

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 10:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Am I allowed to say "Northwestern vs. Nebraska: Holy shit!" this week or will I get the third degree?

It was kind of embarrassing how Indiana made you guys work for the win.

Even Minnesota beat Iowa, UofM. Way to go.

Also, Big Ten wasn't all I watched. The LSU-Bama matchup was some really great defensive football on both sides and although no touchdowns were scored I found it quite interesting.

OK I'm done see you next week
I actually was not so surprised by the Nebraska NW game. Nebraska is so hot and cold that any loss they have is not too shocking.

OSU has a reputation, (that unfortunately has not started this year) of playing only as hard as necessary which seems to have started the year they won the BCS championship. Heck local hack radio stations wrote parody songs about it because it was happening so much.

LSU Bama last night was the best baseball game I ever watched
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM       
Quote:
LSU Bama last night was the best baseball game I ever watched

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 09:35 PM       
Finally...we've pinpointed what has been distracting those losing football teams: video games.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-wp9871
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 09:37 AM       
Oklahoma State loses

Also we are all ignoring the whole PSU thing for some reason. I guess nobody wants to talk about it, or everyons is sick of it, either or
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM       
I'm pretty sick of it myself, but my new disgust comes from how they seem to be trying to completely erase Paterno's legacy

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM       
That's been my disgust from day one. I no more expect Paterno to do more about the crimes than he did than I expect the PSU campus police to coach PSU to a national championship. Paterno did what he was legally obligated to do. For him to be expected to do more would require him to have eye witnessed the crimes, since he did not, I don't blame him for reporting it to his bosses, in this litigious society it is financial suicide for someone to accuse someone else of anything based off of eye witness testimony that Paterno never himself saw.

There's a good chance this could kill Penn State

Also, where the hell is the DA? He vanishes mere days after this all originally went down, a little suspicious if you ask me.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM       
More upsets!

USC beats Oregon

And Griffin III (whose stock in the NFL draft must have skyrocketed after that) led Baylor on a 5 play drive down the field with under a minute to go and defeated Oklahoma thanks to Stoops calling a timeout after Baylor showed that were content to let the 4th quarter clock run out and take it to OT. Choke on that stupid move Stoops!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM       
No more disgusting than anything else, 3 SEC teams are 1-2-3 in the AP and USA Today rankings.
You may already be there.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
No more disgusting than anything else, 3 SEC teams are 1-2-3 in the AP and USA Today rankings.
Yep. Funny how that worked...I'm not an SEC hater. This is likely gonna change. But some insightful words are spoken here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...tionally112111

This is a response to Delany's BCS ideas. Love it or hate it, conferences are positioning themselves FOR FUTURE RECRUITING. Yeah...something they've always done. But, unlike before, the horse is out of the barn as programs are being courted far outside of conference or even geographic boundaries.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM       
So the rumor mill is in full swing and the buzz is that Urban Meyer is going to be the OSU head coach. So far Meyer has officially denied that he has recieved an offer, but Nick Saben did so too.

But how should OSU fans feel about this?

That's a complex question. As a Buckeye fan I reveled under the illusion that under Tressel we were winning right. Turns out, not so much. Under Urban Meyer we will at least know we have a coach who will be shady (look at the SEC where he comes from, everyone knows they are cheating and they are the best at not getting caught, this is why they win BCS championships). So we are looking at an era where we simply assume we are cheating and paying our student athletes under the table. How does one react to this? Well we could always say the SEC gets away with it and we need to keep up. But I admit that tastes of ash and old charcoal.

In the end, I will enjoy his winning ways, but I will hate what I know he will be doing while getting away with it.
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 08:59 PM       
Props to Denard Robinson. And to Braxton Miller, actually...because both of them had stronger-than-usual passing efforts today. The only interesting thing coming out of the BigSomething now is the MSU/Wisconsin rematch.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM       
I am of the opinion that neither OSU or MU deserved to win that game based entirely off the sloppy, mistake ridden 4th quarter.

That said, MU had OSU in the big house as vulnerable as they have ever had them, and they still barely got the job done. MU fans should not be celebrating this win, they should be shuddering in fear at what this means for their future in this rivalry, because if the rumors are true about Meyer, and from every local source I have talked to, they are, the lopsidedness of this rivalry has only just begun.
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:24 PM       
Well, Miles' boys did what they've been doing: wearing teams down to a sticky paste. LSU to win it all: all bets are off.