Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM        11 year old boy steals family car, treks across Missouri
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...oy_s_road_trip

Quote:
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - An 11-year-old boy who told authorities he was upset about being bullied at school took off in the family car on an odyssey that ended more than 200 miles away on the other side of the state.

Wearing shorts and a T-shirt, the boy left his suburban Kansas City home early Tuesday , making his way onto Interstate 35 and driving 92 miles to Bethany, a northwest Missouri community in an area where he used to hunt with his father.

He stopped there at a convenience store for some chips and a soft drink, then drove off aimlessly, following several other highways before ending up 135 miles away in Callao in northeast Missouri's Macon County.

Sgt. Michael Johnston of the Macon County Sheriff's Department said he got a call about 10:30 a.m. from the Callao postmaster, who reported that a boy was locked out of his car and wanted to talk.

"He just wanted some help," Johnston said. "He was a very polite guy. He spoke highly of his parents. He spoke highly of his school. But he knew he was in trouble."
The image of an 11 year old going 85 down a highway makes me laugh to tears.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 01:41 AM       
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 07:37 AM       
arrowx finally snapped

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 08:01 PM       
So, not only was he able to actually see above the wheel and reach the pedals, he could actually drive better than the majority of New Jersey.