FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

fartymowler is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:02 PM        Kill Bill
http://www.kill-bill.com/

A new movie from Quentin
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:07 PM       
Another brainless movie for pre-teens. Won't do as well since the summer is over.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:17 PM       
I'm afraid you're behind the times in posting this.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
Another brainless movie for pre-teens. Won't do as well since the summer is over.
How do you figure, exactly?
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:28 AM       
What are you talking about Supafly? Do you even know anything about this movie? Or were you hoping there would be a chorus of "YEAH "'s?

I'm not saying that it won't necessarily be mindless, but it definately doesn't look like a movie that's been made just to make money.

Snatchtastic is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:54 AM        .
I heard theres gonna be an assload of blood splashing around in this show.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:03 PM       
Its been split in to two parts...doesnt it have a 40 minute fight sequence or something? My guess is it will be fun to watch but shit plot/script etc...

Snatchtastic is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:33 PM        .
Yeah basically the studio wanted to cut down on alot of the blood and slashing, but gave the excuse that it was too long hoping they would cut some of the gore. But Maddsen and Tarantino basically said fuck that, I'm glad that they didn't cut anything.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:17 PM       
This movie will be worth the seven dollars to get into the movie. I'm not saying it's going to be great or anything but it looks like a fun movie.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:07 PM       
It looks like another Charlies Angels. And since I was the only one that hated that movie I can see why it would be the same here.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 08:00 AM       

You have absolutely NO idea what movie we're talking about here, right?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 08:37 AM       
quentin tarantino

-willie
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:05 PM       
This looks like it's going to be Tarrantino's best film.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
God, this will rock. Then i'll have to go see The Last Samurai. Sorry genitals, i don't mean to overwork you.

O71394658 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 06:20 PM       
This movie is Tarantino giving props to all the ancient Kung Fu movies out there; die hard fans will see many references and similarities.

I've also recently heard a rumor that the film was split into two parts in order to fool the MPAA. I don't know why, but they wanted to give the film an NC-17 rating, but the movie was split up as to fool them. It's probably not true, as I've read the script, seen several trailers, and nothing looks too violent or explicit.

Personally, I think Part II is going to be much better, but we'll see how this one does.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:37 PM       
1st review for the movie, be warned, it's from fox, but they're saying some things i like

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98244,00.html

Tarantino's 'Kill Bill': A Pulp Fiction Sequel by Elvis Costello

Success is a double-edged sword as we all know. Tomorrow, Miramax releases one of the worst films in its history, a misbegotten comedy called "Duplex" that stars Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore in a pale rip-off of "Meet the Parents."

On the other hand, three weeks from tomorrow the company will finally give us Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill: Volume 1." I've seen this much-anticipated film and I can tell you that it is absolutely brilliant, a real tour de force.

And it raises interesting questions: Why can Miramax only make this kind of film? Why are they unable to make high-concept Hollywood films? "Duplex" falls in the dubious category of "Kate & Leopold," "Serendipity," "A View from the Top" and "Bounce."

Oy! If only someone knew the answer.

But let's address "Kill Bill," which is the story of a character called The Bride (Uma Thurman), a hit woman who avenges her newlywed husband's bloody murder at the altar. The enemy is Bill, her former lover and employer and his squad of vicious killers known as the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, or DiVAS. They are played by Daryl Hannah, Lucy Liu, Vivica A. Fox and Michael Madsen.

You know this is a movie that's going to be a flash point for all the cinema-geek-Internet-whatever writers. Tarantino is a cult figure. His every move is dissected by these 'experts.' God love them, to have the time and interest for this minutiae. Some want him to fail. Some want him to succeed. Me? I really liked "Jackie Brown," so go figure. I have not watched the special edition DVD of "Pulp Fiction" over and over in slow-motion.

Three-and-a-half years ago Tarantino surfaced from a long absence on the scene during Oscar weekend 2000. He'd been someplace in the Caribbean for a while and was with a mysterious woman whom he'd met down there. He was supposedly working on a World War II movie. For some reason I can't remember, we were sitting on a piano bench at a party. All of a sudden he told me he was working on a script called "Kill Bill" that would star Warren Beatty and Uma Thurman. The rest is history.

Eventually Beatty, who I guess couldn't figure out exactly what was going on, dropped out of the project. He was replaced by "Kung Fu" star David Carradine.

I remember seeing Tarantino chewing the ears off of Thurman and her husband Ethan Hawke at the Miramax pre-Oscar bash that year -- almost to the point of distraction. In fact, I wrote about it in this column. He was so excited about "Kill Bill" and Thurman's participation that he ignored the skits being performed on stage by that year's Oscar nominees.

Ironically, this February, Tarantino and Thurman may be asked to perform similar sketches.

I will admit I'm not a fanatic expert on the subject of samurai movies, 'grind house' pictures, spaghetti westerns or Japanese anime. (The latter all looks like "Speed Racer" to me.) Until I read the extensive press notes for "Kill Bill," I assumed a "duck press" was something served a la orange or with plum sauce. But I do know that "Kill Bill, Volume 1" is the hippest thing I've seen on screen since "Pulp Fiction."

From the opening credits (which are in Japanese) to the big finale in a place called "The House of Blue Leaves" (sorry John Guare), "Kill Bill" is full of visual knockouts. There are set piece homages to Tarantino's favorite Japanese films, which are going to be parodied and copied as slavishly as "Pulp Fiction."

It's "Crouching Tiger" and "The Matrix," mixed together and served with hot sauce. What a meal these three films will make some day at a revival house!

What surprised me most about "Kill Bill," though, was Thurman. She's had an iffy movie career, with some good stuff ("Pulp Fiction," "Dangerous Liaisons," "Hysterical Blindness") and some famously bad stuff ("Gattaca," "The Avengers," "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues").

In a way, she's perfect Tarantino material -- someone we think of as a star whose resume is littered with junk. Tarantino taps into that very insightfully. "Kill Bill" sort of marries these two ideas together for Thurman. Now she'll be a star like never before. Her performance is just stunning, a really glorious piece of physical, witty exertion.

I'll tell you more about "Kill Bill" as its release date (Oct. 10) approaches. But these were the impressions I was left with after the screening: that it rocked, that the violence and spurting blood was cartoon-like fun, that Lucy Liu was the best she's ever been.

I also thought that "Kill Bill" succeeded on every level that "Charlie's Angels" didn't. And that I really wanted to see Part II as soon as possible (I'm told it's not finished yet), but that I was happy there was a break.

Oh yeah, and one more thing: The soundtrack is simply amazing.

----------------------

well... if some "i don't seem to know shit about movies even though i'm a movie critic what's japanese anime again?" non-fanboy guy like this likes it... then i'm sure i'll love it.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
I watched Pulp Fiction. I liked it.
I haven't been to the movies in a while.

I'll go and watch it.

Then I will decide if I hate it. Or not. Which seems like a logical course of action.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:18 PM       
WTF?!?!? That guy is a FUCKING MORON! He refers to Gattaca as "famously bad." On what fucking planet? That film is a classic. So I guess Kill Bill will suck, because this guys knows nothing about movies.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:25 PM       
Quote:
So I guess Kill Bill will suck, because this guys knows nothing about movies.
Non sequiter you fucking moron. This movie looks fun.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
The way Rez said that the article was by Elvis Costello made me
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
Quote:
So I guess Kill Bill will suck, because this guys knows nothing about movies.
Non sequiter you fucking moron. This movie looks fun.
yes, it should be great, but that guy's a tool and he liked it so I have my doubts.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 01:52 PM       
I wasn't impressed at all by the trailers I've seen, but every Tarantino movie I've seen has been fun to watch in some way or another so I'll be seeing this one either way. I'm just not expecting much out of it right now, but perhaps that's simply because I can't stand Tarantino himself.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 03:10 PM       
listen: this is how much it will rock:

Uma Thurman's character, The Bride, hunts down five different people in order to kill them and each of these characters resides in a "world" influenced by a certain genre of film. The five "worlds" are(and this is the best here):

-A Blaxploitation/Rape-Revenge film

-A Shaw Brothers style chop-sockey film

-A Japanese LADY SNOWBLOOD/Yakuza type of film

-An anime sequence

-And a spaghetti western

if this doesnt get you going, tacked on the fact it's QUENTIN TARANTINO, i question who you are as a person, and are you happy with your life.

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 04:00 PM       
GATTACA was still awesome.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2003, 06:40 AM       
"-A Blaxploitation/Rape-Revenge film

-A Shaw Brothers style chop-sockey film

-A Japanese LADY SNOWBLOOD/Yakuza type of film

-An anime sequence

-And a spaghetti western "

-So in other words its completely derivative, like all his other movies?

I loved pulp fiction and resevoir dogs.