Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM        2010 NFL Season
Free Agency is under way and a few names have swapped cities. LT to the Jets and Peppers to the Bears are just a few of the players looking to start a new.

While browsing Yahoo today I saw this gem that made me laugh out loud (or LOL for the kiddies)

Can anyone notice what is wrong with this?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:01 PM       
If that's Brady Quinn, many things are wrong with that. Not for the Browns mind you, but in the headline itself

Speaking of that, I bet the reason the Browns didn't take Orton in that trade was because it was a condition the Browns made ("you better not dump Orton on us or the deals off" )
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Exactly. If Brady Quinn is considered by Yahoo to be a "Big Name QB", then what the hell do they consider Peyton to be? Super Giant Name QB?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM       
Who's Brady Quinn?
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM       
Ooooohhhhhhhh! THAT Brady Quinn.

Yes, he's good at receiving the long snap.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 11:17 PM       
I remember when that asshole attended Dublin Coffman High School here in Ohio. A fucking tool bag who thinks he can play with the big boys.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 12:22 AM       
Eagles are making a huge mistake with trading McNabb.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 11:53 AM       
He's clearly not the future and Kolb has spent 3 years in the system now and you drafted him to be the future of the team.

I'd say now's the time to get what you can for a 33 year old McNabb, whose best years are more than likely behind him.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 12:48 PM       
McNabb has done what he can for the Eagles. Better for the team and for him to cut him loose. Hopefully they can get something of value for him, either players or picks.
filthiest soap dish
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 07:28 PM       
So the future of Terrel Owens becoming a future wideout for Cincinnati is looking a lot slimmer than I wanted it to be. The Bengals just signed Antonio Bryant from Tampa to $28 million contact. All hope is not lost but T.O. is not the only option for the bengals in hopes of a deep threat. I'm waiting patiently for this draft in hopes of seeing Golden Tate being a first round pick for the Bengals.

Bringing it back to T.O. one more time, I guess I can fall back on this on having a brighter outlook for Cincy. "There's always been the speculation and perception out there [about coming to Cincinnati] and Chad kick-started it and lobbied to have me here as a teammate and I welcome it with open arms," Owens, who made a visit to the Bengals, told the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM       
Just curious, what's the your fascination with TO? The guy is what, 36, and is past his prime. Reading your post makes it sound like it's the TO of '03. And is he really a deep threat these days anyway?
filthiest soap dish
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM       
What's more entertaining than Ochocinco and T.O.?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 08:52 PM       
Brown and Gocong to Cleveland for Hall and picks. Looks like a good deal for the Browns. What do you think, Pentegarn?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 11:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
What's more entertaining than Ochocinco and T.O.?
There's something to this. Not so much that TO will be better for being with Ochocinco, cause he won't, it is more that it will be an inevitable train wreck that will be fascinating to watch if it happens. (if the Bengals are smart though, it won't)
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM       
Anyone else surprised that McNabb ended up traded to a division rival? Not that the 'skins are anything more than a .500 team at present, but they usually play the Eagles tight, and giving McNabb that kind of incentive could lead to an inopportune late-season division loss or two.

Also, did the Eagles or the REdskins make out in the deal - your opinions please.

Myself, I think they got about as much as they could. A 2nd this year at that level (#37) solidifies their draft position for 2010, and McNabb can't command much more, being that he's 33 (34 in November) and has a reputation for coming up small in big games. Statistics can only take you so far.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 07:10 PM       
Honestly, we will have to wait and see, getting traded may give McNabb the kick in the pants needed to push him to be a big game QB (he isn't out of gas yet, Elway was a year older for example). On the other hand, it may just be a bad big game QB on a mediocre team too. Only time will tell.

In Browns news, Tebow visited Cleveland, if the Browns are smart they will not burn a 1st round pick on him though. Wait till round 2 or even round 3.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 11:06 AM       
No draft talk?

I'll get into details about picks later but splitting it up into 3 days is fucking retarded, yet brilliant.

As a fan it sucks having it three nights, especially when I have to work during all three. For the NFL it's brilliant because it only builds the suspense, especially now given that guys like Clausen and Kindle managed to slip out of the first.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM       
I agree, it is brilliant. The draft is such an odd event, by all rights, we should all be bored out of our minds watching it. And it is indeed a slow thing to behold. Yet year after year we clamor to watch it and look forward to doing so.
filthiest soap dish
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM       
Tebow goes in the first round to the Broncos. Complete waist but I could give a shit less.

Happy to see the Bengals get Jermanie Gresham. Desperately needed a TE due to having 2 starters getting injured before the beginning of the 2009 season.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:59 PM       
Eagles first two picks were defensemen. Wow, shocker.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:00 AM       
Vikes get Chris Cook from Virginia and the rightful Heisman winner in RB Toby Gerhart from Stanford.

Cook was a decent pick who will eventually take over for Antoine Winfield and Gerhart in my opinion was a great pick to supplement AP.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 07:09 AM       
My thoughts so far on how Cleveland has done

Joe Haden, CB, Florida- At first I was not too sure what I thought of this choice. Clearly the Browns could use a QB, but their defense could use some shoring up as well (though their defense is not as horrible as it could be, especially in those last games). I thought about it a bit though, and I remember the last time the Browns were good enough to run in the playoffs. They had a great secondary then. Perhaps Holmgren remembers this as well and hence the pick. All in all not a terrible choice.

T.J. Ward, SS, Oregon- Another pick designed to shore up the secondary verifies Holmgren is thinking about the secondary. A good defense can win games and a good secondary can get interceptions. Again, a decent choice.

Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee- I question this pick. The Browns current RB with a bit of coaching could be consistently good. I hope I am wrong but I think this one is a bad choice.

Colt McCoy, QB, Texas- The stinger he took in the BCS game must have taken huge value off a proven leader. He is likely far more accurate than Quinn and Anderson were (though I think a lack of offensive line contributes to this) and best of all, they get him for a song. Pick of the night last night in my opinion.

Shawn Lauvao, G, Arizona St.- Some fans did not like this pick. I am not one of them. If he can make it big on the pro level, this will be a masterstroke on Holmgren's part. Games are won and lost on the line. Elway finally won it all after losing so many Super Bowls before because he had the best O-line that year. Holmgren is smart enough to realize this. Brilliant pick I say.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:04 PM       
I think Hardesty will at the minimum become a solid 3rd down back in the league for many years.

Love the McCoy pick, as I was really hoping the Vikes took him with their first pick in the 2nd round. I think the guy has winner written all over him and if the Browns don't rush him (no need to with Delhomme) they've got their franchise qb.