Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 01:57 AM        The Spirit of '29
I don't know if anyone noticed but there's a bit of a money issue going on here in the states. The government has already had to buy out Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and now they're taking over AIG. The housing market is really in shambles-- they're talking about a half-trillion dollar bailout package to stave off a complete disaster. I guess what I'm saying is that the LHC wiping shit out doesn't sound half bad.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed
Oozes machismo
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:01 AM       
We just lookin' the other way on this one?
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:19 AM       
This happens every so often here in the US. Mostly because of war. They try to blame other reasons and fix things that can't be fixed, but the fact of the matter is that Fiat based economies always end in a collapse. The feds will use the term "pumping money" but it really means deflating the dollar. Soon they will have to "reset" the federal reserve with notes backed 1:1 with gold to jump-start the fractional banking system. Thats when our period of rapid growth will start. But not until after the riots.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:23 AM       
It's hard not to notice. Granted, I haven't seen the world news in a while, but I'm sure the whole world is watching to see if we collapse.

I'm having a hard time believing that our government wasn't aware of this situation coming. We are talking about a country that likes to know everything about everybody. It will work out in the end, but not in everyones favor. The poor will lose a little more control and the rich will gain a very desirable position. You won't even notice it. Remember when the stock market crashed last time? I was in in 2000, there was one in 87 as well.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:38 AM       
Thats true, but we didn't solve that by socializing the mortgage industry. This cant work for more than a year since it was a FAILING mortgage industry and we dont have even a fraction of a percent of the capital to back it up with. Oh yeah, our countries credit rating is going to be lowered next week. I didn't even know countries could have credit ratings until yesterday.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:43 AM       
Yeah, I don't have a clue on how this could play out. BofA seems to be doing ok for right now. Who knows how long that will hold out though. Maybe there will be both privatized and socialized mortgage for a while until one adsorbs the other.
Oozes machismo
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:45 AM       
Well, this is by no means unprecedented, as it did happen in the 80s. This time it's the scope and the impact on our standard of living. The problem will be solved over a number of years, but the price tag by then will be astronomical. And this is the first I've heard about nations having credit ratings. If only we had checked freecreditreport.com!!!!

Last edited by pac-man : Sep 20th, 2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: conjunction junction
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 02:48 AM       
The problem may be that the only resource we have to sell is armed forces.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM       
Great idea! We could rent out the Marine Corps to developing nations! I would hate to see what would happen when the soldiers paychecks start bouncing.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 04:10 PM       
Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dogs, no smog
And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
Finally got a call from a girl wanna dig out
Hooked it up on later as I hit the do'
Thinking will i live, another twenty-fo'
I gotta go cause I got me a drop top
And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop
Had to stop at a red light
Looking in my mirror not a jacker in sight
And everything is alright
I got a beep from Kim and she can fuck all night
Called up the homies and I'm askin y'all
Which park, are y'all playin basketball?
Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double
Freaking ******s everyway like M.J.
I can't believe, today was a good day

Drove to the pad and hit the showers
Didn't even get no static from the cowards
Cause just yesterday them fools tried to blast me
Saw the police and they rolled right past me
No flexin, didn't even look in a niggaz direction
as I ran the intersection
Went to $hort Dog's house, they was watchin Yo! MTV Raps
What's the haps on the craps
Shake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em
Roll em in a circle of niggaz and watch me break em
With the seven, seven-eleven, seven-eleven
Seven even back do' lil Joe I picked up the cash flow
Then we played bones, and I'm yellin domino.
Plus nobody I know got killed in South Central L.A.
Today was a good day

Left my niggaz house paid
Picked up a girl been tryin to fuck since the twelve grade
It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics I felt on the big fat fanny
Pulled out the jammy, and killed the punanny
And my dick runs deep so deep so deep
put her ass to sleep
Woke her up around one
she didn't hesitate, to call Ice Cube the top gun
Drove her to the pad and I'm coasting
Took another sip of the potion hit the three-wheel motion
I was glad everything had worked out
Dropped her ass off, then I chirped out
Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn't even see a berry flashing those high beams
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the morning got the fat burger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read Ice Cube's a pimp
Drunk as hell but no throwing up
Half way home and my pager still blowing up
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.

Hey wait, wait a minute Pooh
Stop the shit
What the fuck am I thinking about?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM       
Train kept a rollin' all night long