Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM        Home Arcades
I don't know how many of you guys are arcade enthusiasts, I know Dr. Boogie and Rog are so here is a little thread to discuss home arcade projects, favorite arcade cabinets, and other random arcade stuff.

Here are some stock pics of my collection.

1. http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7456

2. http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=9700

3. http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=TX...ype=quick#2699

And I really want a Thundercade cabinet to finish my collection but I highly doubt I'll ever find one.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : May 11th, 2010 at 11:27 AM.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:26 PM       
What games are those?

I don't really play video games.
edit: dangit, I still don't know what games those are Tadao!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM       
The world may never know!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Shoot! And I was going to post in this thread just so he could accuse me of trolling again!
You may already be there.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM       
i recognize strike force and mr. do! but i'm not sure about the one with the tank on it
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM       
It only has one joystick so I don't thing it's that maze tank game.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM       
Mr. Do scared me.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM       
One of my good friends has a Street Fighter 2 cabinet, and it has they typo of Barlog.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM       
I have no idea what those games are. Never seen them before. Here is a better garage game room picture. This ones much better...and cleaner.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:16 PM       
oh, that's the back of a cab in the lower left. I was mindfucked for a good minute wondering why the second machine was torn asunder but still standing.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
The Centipede cabs CRT monitor is burned to shit. You can actually see the outline of the game in its glass.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:24 PM       
What game map is that?
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 04:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
What game map is that?
Looks like the original Pac-Man.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:22 PM       
looks like ms. pac man to me
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM       
an upside down ms. pacman. what are you doing to these poor machines
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 10:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
an upside down ms. pacman. what are you doing to these poor machines
Sadly, they aren't mine. I just searched using the phrase "Garage Arcade". If they were I would definitely have taken much better care of them.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:03 AM       
How much does it cost to maintain a garage arcade? The power bills must be ridiculous.
Banned

Old May 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
How much does it cost to maintain a garage arcade? The power bills must be ridiculous.
Its not bad. Remember, you don't have them on all the time. When you need to blow off some steam and get away from the family you light them up play a few games and then when your done turn them off.

The high expenses come if something breaks that you can't fix on your own. I live in New York and all the Arcade / Pinball repair places are extremely expensive by me. One guy actually told me flat out not to request a home visit cause its won't be worth the cash, so I had to do the work on my own.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM       
i always wanted a pinball machine

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Banned

Old May 6th, 2010, 12:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i always wanted a pinball machine
I got one, there's a few issues with them though that you should know about.

1. They always break. The actual ball is very heavy and when it gets knocked around something is bound to break. I got a reconditioned one for 1k and after the first month it started having some issues with the drop down targets. I don't know if they just forgot to fix that side or they cut corners but either way I found myself under the hood with little or no Pinball repair experience attempting to fix it. Which i did. Thank god for painters tape.

2. They are fucking expensive. So unless you're going to buy a hand me down project that you'll have to recondition yourself your stuck buying one from a pinball dealer.

3. SPACE. You'll need a lot of space for these things. They are huge. Make sure you have a furnished basement or a very large living room.

4. Noise. They are a little noisy but it doesn't really matter.

Hope this helps.

EDIT:

I hope I wasn't overly negative about them because they are truly amazing. I can play my machine for hours but if you don't feel like spending the time, money, and aggravation on it I would just suggest you buy this version or the PS2 one. Both are great. Got a lot of tables. Fun for everyone.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : May 6th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:03 PM       
Sounds pretty intense. I remember the arcade near my house used to have a pinball machine that went full tilt at complete random. The paddles stopped working and it ate all of the next sucker's quarters lol. Man, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been to an arcade.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 6th, 2010, 04:05 PM       
I've tried electronic pinball and it doesn't nearly come close to a real machine. Hell, I'd rather play on an unbalanced high tilt machine than on Wii.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
oh, that's the back of a cab in the lower left. I was mindfucked for a good minute wondering why the second machine was torn asunder but still standing.
Haha that threw me off for a while.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
was never good
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:39 PM       
also wait, those pictures aren't yours?

why would you make a thread with pictures of someone else's home arcade that you found on google
Banned

Old May 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
also wait, those pictures aren't yours?

why would you make a thread with pictures of someone else's home arcade that you found on google
Dimnos and I were talking about home arcades so I found some pics on the web to give him an idea of what one looks like.

They are shitty pics though. Wish I found ones of a cleaner house but it gets the point across.