Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM       
They just have a very broad definition of what a "twist" is.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM       
Ahhh. Not every curve in a narrative is an OMG SURPRISE moment, people. I liked the story, although I still thought most of it was as incomprehensible the first, especially the endgame, and I still don't know what they mean by "MAKE US WHOLE, ISSAC RGHGRHGHGHHGHRGH" and all the other stuff that happens then. Maybe we're not supposed to know because Issac doesn't know a lot himself? Or maybe I'm just being thick.

I really liked the cringe-inducing part at the end, though. I screwed it up on purpose the first time, because there was a skittish girl in the room right next to me. She lost her shit.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM       
As far as questions about the story:

Spoilers!

In short, the writing was serviceable, but the writers were so wrapped up in trying to keep the player guessing that they forgot to wrap things up properly. If I wanted to make an excuse for it, I would say that maybe you'll get more answers in the inevitable third one.

As for Isaac himself, he just doesn't do anything for me. He has a little more personality now that he isn't a silent protagonist, but there's nothing that really stands out about him. I think that's what they were going for, though: ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances.

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Feb 19th, 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Apparently, 2 spoiler tags is a no-go
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM       
one thing i wanna know is where thosse butterfly necromorphs come from they are the only common ones that have no human characteristics

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 02:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
one thing i wanna know is where thosse butterfly necromorphs come from they are the only common ones that have no human characteristics
Butterfly necromorphs?
Spoilers!

Also, Stalkers weren't a huge problem my first play-through on Normal; they creeped me out when I'd notice one peeking at me, but that was it. On Zealot, they annihilated me over and over.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM       
the ones that infect dead bodies

Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 04:10 PM       
I just figured they were the originators of the outbreak, and that the game doesn't show them slowly infecting everyone because the game is more about cheap scares rather than the slow, creeping terror of a space station being gradually overrun.

Also, I could be wrong about this, but I thought they had some vaguely human-ish qualities on the underside of those wings, like how the behemoth necromorphs have arms that look like they're made of torsos and such.

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:30 AM       
Yeah, the infectors are also infected humans. They're just mutated to spread the infection.
What it more or less comes down to is the infectors spread into corpses, and everything else makes corpses to infect or begins to form new organisms, like the Hivemind and terraforming the area.
Forum Virgin
darkkitten is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 11:03 PM       
Just finished the game,and,
Spoilers!
But it all worked out fine.

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Feb 25th, 2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Like that
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 12:46 AM       
For future reference, the spoiler command is '[ spoiler] text goes here, nerd [ /spoiler]'.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM       
Finished the game and loved it once again. Great action, some truly gruesome deaths, excellent sound design, the works. The only thing I thought was lacking was the overall story, but it seems like others share that same opinion as well. Looking forward to the next one regardless and I still need to try multiplayer mode sometime as I've heard it's a lot o' fun.

And now, the wait for Infamous 2 begins...
taco loving zombie
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 04:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Finished the game and loved it once again. Great action, some truly gruesome deaths, excellent sound design, the works. The only thing I thought was lacking was the overall story, but it seems like others share that same opinion as well. Looking forward to the next one regardless and I still need to try multiplayer mode sometime as I've heard it's a lot o' fun.

And now, the wait for Infamous 2 begins...
did you signed for the infamous 2 beta?