Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:07 PM        Flight 93
Anyone catch the Discovery Channel piece last night on Flight 93? It was creepy. They used a lot of the cockpit audio and taped phone calls from the plane.

It's one thing to hear the story or read the recording transcripts but it's a whole different animal to hear their voices as it's happening. It was creepy.

Face in the box is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM       
I saw the advertisements for it, but refused to play into that propoganda on prade bull shit I am tored of having this medias shit crammed down my throught.

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face in the box
I saw the advertisements for it, but refused to play into that propoganda on prade bull shit I am tored of having this medias shit crammed down my throught.
Yeah, its the whole 9/11 plane thing, right? Where the passengers try to fight the terrorists away?

Its amazing, not even 5 years and they're turning fiction into fact so easily.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 07:38 AM       
Welcome to Bush's america....please check truth and reality at the door. Oh, and turn your watch back 25 years......

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 11:50 AM       
Weird. I didn't think i was propaghanda-ish at all. I guess I didn't realize the Discovery Channel was some deeply intertwined with the Bush Administration.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM       
Oh, but it is.....everyone knows that the discovery channel is a tool of the republican party.

The point I was trying to make is that we'll probably never know the truth of what happened that day, as the current administration is quite adept at burying anything that is evern remotely critical, or especially damning. We'll never know the truth. Roll with that.....

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 03:12 PM       
I suppose that's probably true. But that doesn't have much to do with the Discovery channel program. It was basically about the surviving family members and included a re-enactment based on the phone calls from the plane, cockpit voice recorder, etc.

WorthlessLiar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2005, 11:26 PM        re
It's propaganda because it highlights an incident depicting Americans (and therefore America) in the most vigilant and heroic manner possible given the few bits of information available. While the people on that flight were certainly heroic, 9/11 was still a day America got spanked with its pants down. The makers of this docudrama want to give us something to feel good about from that day. We didn't win any victories against terrorists on 9/11 and there's nothing to show we're winning the war on terror now. We can fantasize about kicking terrorist ass all we want but it's not helping.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 08:48 AM       
Yawn?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
Welcome to Bush's america....please check truth and reality at the door. Oh, and turn your watch back 25 years......
What color is the sky in your world?

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 11:46 AM       
See here's the thing about that. I actually watched it. You know, like saw it? I guess if you're sensitive to the subject and looking for another way to vent you anger at the "man" you can dismiss it as propaghanda.

There was no mention of kicking any terrorist ass. It essentially focused on the actions of the people on the plane based upon the phone calls and voice recorders. I don't recall them ever saying or implying that terrorists are clearly being defeated because they crashed the plane, etc.

Basically it was told from the family members point of view and to be honest I thought it was pretty moving to listen to the phone calls of people calling their families to say goodbye in essence. I could give two fucks about the politics of it.