Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:50 AM       
Which, as I have stated, has NO IMPACT on gameplay, but I support the position that bitching about generic design is perfectly fine
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:51 AM       
Hmmm.

I'm trying my ass off to find a (recent) isometric RPG that has good character designs, or at least different ones compared to Grimbloodmuscles McHammercraft, but I'm not coming up with anything really.

Also, lol @ the first thing in my head - Freedom Force.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM       
There ISN'T any other than Titan's Quest (just as far as going in a different artistic direction, which was just as uninteresting in its own special way), which is exactly why people are groaning about Diablo 3 doing the exact same thing.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:57 AM       
Yeah. Titan's Quest pissed me off, too. "SAY, WE'LL STAND OUT BY MAKING EVERYTHING LOOK COMPLETELY MUNDANE! HUH? HUH?"
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:04 AM       
I really liked Bard's Tale, but it didn't add much to the formula.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:10 AM       
I was going to mention Titan's Quest, but yeah, that sucked and it's not even that recent.

I think I just have a problem with a lot of isometric RPGs in general. I guess they don't let me feel as close to the character as I'd like.

I was going to say that it's because I hate fantasy as a genre, but I've warmed up to a few games like it, (such as Trine, Overlord, and the Elder Scrolls games.)

My god, was Overlord fun. THOSE games had oodles of style.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:15 AM       
Yeah, Overlord was prob one of my favorite rpg/puzzle games, I just wished that the puzzles weren't so easy. The Geneforge games and Sacrifice always looked ridiculously fun, but I never got around to trying any of them
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:21 AM       
Sacrifice was wicked, for truth. Which reminds me...

Arcanum was also good, but thass only coz I have such a boner for steampunk stuff.

Didja ever play Giants: Citizen Kabuto? EDIT: Since we're on the topic of old, quirky PC games and all.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Hmmm.

I'm trying my ass off to find a (recent) isometric RPG that has good character designs, or at least different ones compared to Grimbloodmuscles McHammercraft, but I'm not coming up with anything really.

Also, lol @ the first thing in my head - Freedom Force.
Umm...Fallout and Fallout 2?

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:29 AM       
But of course! Played the first just a few hours ago, as a matter of fact. I was trying to go more recent, but there just haven't been as many and the only good ones that have come out in the past few years have all been named Dawn of War.

Everything's starting to look the same again.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:34 AM       
Hell yes, I played Kabuto. Fun as hell, was always irritated that there wasn't any multiplayer. Never played that FPS game they made, though
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:49 AM       
graphics for d3 are looking pretty 2002 imo
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:20 AM       
I've heard talk of Diablo 3 having a Auction House where players can use real money to buy and sell items. For a fee, of course.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:48 AM       
They're running it like ebay, where they take a small amount for each listing. There's talk of them allowing a small number of free listings per month, but that's just a rumor right now.

The flipside of that is that in order to safeguard all the moneys, there's no offline play at all, and no modding allowed.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:25 AM       
I'm going to miss cheatnet
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:39 AM       
I don't know if they will have as many people playing it a huge amount to require wanting to pay for weapons if we don't have either a random map generator or a map creator. Unless they're going to be putting out tons of dlc maps after the game releases. Without modding to put out new maps, the same ones may get old. Just my opinion, no idea what their plans are for anything.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 05:32 AM       
I'm not so sure I'm going to be picking up Diablo 3 after hearing all this.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
no offline play at all
Quote:
no offline play at all
Quote:
no offline play at all
FUCK. THAT.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:26 PM       
no offline play at all :< my heart is broken
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM       
I think they meant that single player uses some sort of DRM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 01:30 PM       
That's a no. Constant online connectivity.
pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM       
I really really don't like this current trend of pc games having to be so tied down in bullshit. I understand that the companies really want to be anal about piracy, but it's just such a hassle.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 03:53 PM       
I would have gladly sacrificed the auction system for offline play. I would never pay real money for anything in Diablo except the game itself. All I can think is that this whole thing is due to their partnership with Activision.

pickled
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM       
It's probably more than likely Activision's fault. At least I hope it is. I just wish that all these money grabbing companies would start losing some stock and wake up from their cash grabs. It's a shame that so many people support them by throwing money at them.

Last edited by Nick : Aug 3rd, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM       
I always played diablo II online and locked my games with a password whenever I wanted to farm or just play the game without being bothered with other people's bitching.

THEN I'd join a game with people in it. If they keep something like that for d3's battlenet, I'll be good